They are small, fluffy and easy to fry.
You can serve them sweet or savory as a luxurious hearty brunch.
Do you already know what we are talking about?
We bring you delicious recipes for American pancakes 5 times different!
Enjoy them with your whole family.
Pancakes with pomegranate and blueberries
Pomegranate and Blueberry American Pancakes are the perfect treat even for lactose intolerant people as they are lactose free!
- 1 pomegranate
- 125 g of self-raising flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 250 ml of soy milk
- 2 spoons of Flora
- Tip half of the blueberries and half of the pomegranate seeds into a pan and heat gently.
- Using a fork or a potato masher, mash the fruit a bit and let the juice drain from the berries.
- At this stage you can add a little sugar or honey if you have a sweet tooth.
- Sift all the dry pancake ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Place the wet ingredients in a pitcher and mix.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until there are no dry bits of flour – it will look quite lumpy, but that’s ok.
- Heat a pan and put some Flora on it.
- Once the oil is hot, drop a ladleful of batter into it, flatten into a round, and fry for about 2 minutes, or until the top bubbles and the edges are dry.
- Turn and let the other side fry for about 2 more minutes.
- Place the fritters on warm plates.
- Mix the fresh berries into the cooked berries and pour the mixture well over the fritters.
Fritters with apples and salted caramel
Hearty pancakes covered in salted caramel sauce, served with apples and chopped pecans, your family will love it and never want anything else for breakfast!
- 175 g plain flour
- 1.5 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of powdered sugar
- 1 large egg
- 175 ml of milk
- 75 g of butter
- 120 g of salted caramel (for simplicity, buy ready-made sauce)
- 1 large apple
- 50 g pecans
- Peel the apple and cut it into thin slices.
- Coarsely chop the pecans.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl and stir in the sugar.
- Beat the eggs and milk.
- Gradually beat the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and remove any lumps.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter and stir into the mixture.
- Heat some of the remaining butter in a large non-stick pan.
- Pour 4 tablespoons of batter into the pan and form 4 fritters.
- Fry on medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn them over and fry for another 2 minutes, then remove from heat and keep warm.
- Repeat until you have made 12 fritters.
- Heat the caramel sauce according to the directions on the jar.
- Place 3 fritters on each serving plate and sprinkle with apple slices.
- Spoon on the caramel sauce and sprinkle with pecans.
Also try our other recipes for leavened and unleavened fritters as a quick meal in any of the courses.
Discover similar tips
Cheese pancakes with bacon and eggs
Pancakes don’t have to be just sweet! Prepare a perfect brunch with us or a hearty dinner in the form of cheese fritters served with guacamole, bacon, spring onions and fried eggs.
- 200 g of self-raising flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 150 ml of sour cream
- 7 large eggs
- 4 spring onions
- 125 g of mature cheddar
- 8 slices of bacon
- 25 g of butter
- 100 g of guacamole
- Preheat the oven to 130°C.
- Place the flour in a large bowl and stir in the baking powder and a pinch of salt.
- Make a well in the middle.
- In a separate container, mix the sour cream, 3 eggs and 100 ml of water.
- Gradually whisk this mixture into a bowl of flour to form a smooth dough.
- Stir in half the scallion and 75g cheddar.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Fry the bacon for 5-7 minutes, turning once, until crispy and golden.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and keep warm in the oven.
- Carefully wipe the pan with kitchen paper.
- Return to medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of butter to melt.
- Add half a ladleful of batter to the pan, leaving a gap between the fritters.
- Fry for a few minutes until bubbles appear on the surface.
- Flip and fry for another 1-2 minutes until the fritters are puffed and lightly golden.
- Transfer to a tray lined with baking paper and place in the preheated oven.
- Continue with remaining butter and batter to make more fritters (should make 12).
- While you fry the fritters, boil your eggs.
- Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Crack an egg into a coffee cup.
- Swirl the water and carefully place the egg from the cup into it.
- Repeat with the next egg.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes until the whites are set and the yolk is soft (lift the egg with a slotted spoon and cook gently).
- Transfer to a shallow bowl of warm water.
- Repeat with remaining eggs.
- To serve, layer three fritters on each plate with the remaining scallions and cheese.
- Garnish with guacamole, bacon and a fried egg.
Fluffy American pancakes
These light and fluffy fritters are a great choice for weekend brunch. Try adding a big handful of fresh blueberries to the batter for perfection!
- 135 g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 spoons of powdered sugar
- 130 ml of milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons melted butter (let cool slightly) or olive oil, plus extra for frying
- Maple syrup
- Sift the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl or pitcher, lightly whisk the milk with the egg, then whisk in the melted butter.
- Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture and beat with a fork until you have a smooth dough.
- Any lumps will soon disappear with a little stirring.
- Let the dough rest for a few minutes.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat and add a knob of butter.
- When it’s melted, add a ladle of batter (or two if your pan is big enough to fry two pancakes at once).
- Wait for the top of the fritter to start bubbling, then flip it over and fry until both sides are golden brown and the fritter has risen to about 1cm.
- Repeat until all the dough is used up.
- Serve with a drizzle of maple syrup and butter.
If you love a variety of sweet dishes, definitely try waffle recipes . They can be prepared in many ways and you can please not only your loved ones, but also friends and colleagues.
Curd cheese fritters
These fluffy American fritters are easy to make and perfect for breakfast or brunch. Serve with fresh fruit and maple syrup. Yum!
- 150 g of self-raising flour
- 150 ml skimmed milk
- 120 g of gervais or ricotta
- 2 eggs
- 3 teaspoons of sweetener of choice
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp coconut or vanilla extract or 1 tsp lemon zest (optional)
- maple syrup and fresh berries to serve
- vegetable oil for frying
- Place eggs, milk, cheese and a pinch of salt in a large bowl.
- Mix everything well.
- Add vanilla extract or lemon zest if desired.
- Sift the flour, baking soda and sweetener into a bowl.
- Mix well and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Coat a large pan with oil.
- Heat the pan and then pour the batter onto it (or use a large spoon – about 2 tablespoons of batter per 1 pancake).
- Leave enough space between the fritters to turn them.
- Fry on a medium flame for a few minutes and carefully flip as soon as bubbles appear on the surface of the fritters.
- Fry for another minute on the other side until golden.
- Continue until all the batter is used up.
- Serve warm with fresh fruit and maple syrup.
And which version did you like the most? Write to us in the comments!