Summer is over and cooler days are starting. What better way to warm up than to try some fall soup recipes.
Do not hesitate to experiment and play with different types of vegetables, with which you will conjure up the best delicacies for your loved ones and friends.
Are you planning a small party, meeting with friends or just don’t know what to have for dinner?
Such food, full of vegetables and the right spices, will not only warm you up, but also caress your taste buds.
A simple autumn soup
Carrots, pumpkin and sweet potatoes make a great combination for a healthy and perfectly colored treat that is perfect for cold days. Don’t hesitate to take a look at the pumpkin bun recipes as well, they will serve as a great dessert after the soup and the main course.
- 2 and 1/2 cups peeled butternut squash, diced
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 3 medium carrots cut into slices
- 1/4 cup orange juice concentrate
- 3 cups of skimmed milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons of low-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon of toasted sesame seeds
- Put the pumpkin, sweet potatoes and carrots in a steam basket, which we hang in a large pot filled with at least 1 liter of water.
- Bring to a boil, close the lid and steam for 12-16 minutes so that the vegetables are soft.
- Then we turn it off and let it rest for about 10 minutes so that the vegetables are not so hot.
- Transfer to the bowl of a food processor, add orange juice concentrate and turn on medium speed.
- Mix until the mixture is nice and smooth.
- Pour into a large saucepan, stir in milk, salt and pepper and cook over low heat until the mixture is heated through. This takes about 5-7 minutes. We make sure that the soup does not cook for too long
- Divide into portions and add 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of sour cream, 1 teaspoon of chives and 1/2 teaspoon of sesame seeds to each portion.
Autumn bean soup with chili
If there is a dish that can definitely warm you up, then it is definitely this delicacy. Not only will it satiate you perfectly, but you’ll feel warm after it and you won’t want to do anything. The advantage is that it is prepared in a slow cooker, so there is no need to watch over it.
- 1 can of roasted crushed tomatoes
- 450 g of fresh tomatoes cut into small cubes
- 1 tablespoon of chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3 – 4 cloves of pressed garlic
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 1 large chopped chili pepper (ideally the Poblano variety)
- 3/4 cup wheat bran
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (if you like it hotter, you can add more)
- 1 – 2 cups of water
- 1 can of rinsed black beans
- 1 can of rinsed red kidney beans
- Sour cream
- Grated cheddar cheese
- Chopped spring onion
- Fresh coriander
- Fresh lime wedges
- Prepare a slow cooker with a volume of 5 to 6 liters and gradually add crushed tomatoes, chopped tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, coriander, garlic, onion, carrot, poblano chili pepper, bran, 1-2 cups of water and mix.
- Add salt, pepper, mix again and tap.
- At a lower temperature, let it cook for 7 to 8 hours, at a higher temperature, 5-6 hours are enough.
- Once the bran is cooked, add red and black beans, cover again and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Serve garnished with sour cream, cheddar, chopped spring onions, coriander and finally lime wedges.
Creamy tomato soup
This recipe will come in handy for cold autumn, but also winter evenings. Especially when, for example, it’s raining outside, there will be a cold wind, and you’ll come home and you’ll be shivering from the cold. Hearty vegetables together with pasta will put a smile on the lips of even the most grumpy.
- 1 tablespoon fresh unsalted butter
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 4 pressed garlic cloves
- 3 teaspoons of Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp ground red pepper
- 3 tablespoons plain flour
- 3 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 can of peeled and chopped tomatoes
- 4 cups of cheese pasta – tortellini
- 1/3 cup whipping cream 33%
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 3 handfuls of baby spinach
- Sea salt to taste
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil for garnish
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until soft and translucent, about 5-6 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until it starts to smell intensely, about 1-2 minutes.
- Sprinkle in the Italian seasoning, red pepper, and flour and mix for about 2 minutes until everything is combined.
- Add the tomato paste and cook for 2-3 minutes so that it acquires a darker color.
- Pour in the broth, throw in the tomatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and cook.
- Pour the tortellini into the pot and let them cook until they are soft and sufficiently cooked. This will take about 10-12 minutes.
- Stir in the cream, Parmesan and stir until everything is combined.
- Cover with spinach and let it wilt.
- Season with salt and pepper, cook for another 1-2 minutes and set aside.
- Divide into bowls and garnish with basil. If you want, you can sprinkle more Parmesan on the soup.
Hearty beef soup
There are never enough slow cooker recipes. Therefore, do not hesitate and start preparing this autumn soup, which has a great taste, is filled with great ingredients and will keep you warm for a very long time.
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons of smoked paprika
- 3 cups of beef broth
- 600 g of beef for the soup, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons semi-coarse flour
- 2 medium-sized carrots cut into diagonal wedges
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 – 3 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1/4 small bunch of parsley
- 1/2 cup couscous
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- We will prepare a slow cooker with a volume of 5 to 6 liters.
- Put the tomato puree, cumin, and paprika in the pot and beat with a hand whisk or blender. Gradually whisk in the beef stock.
- Mix the beef with flour, salt and pepper and add to the slow cooker.
- Add carrot, onion and garlic. Tie the parsley with kitchen twine and also put it in the pot.
- Cover and cook until the meat is tender.
- At a high temperature, let it cook for 3 and 1/2 to 4 and 1/2 hours, if we set a low temperature, it is necessary to let the soup cook for 7 – 8 hours.
- About 15 minutes before serving the soup, put the couscous, 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 2/3 cup of boiling water in a bowl.
- Cover to allow the couscous to work and absorb all the liquid. We leave it covered for about 10-12 minutes.
- Finely chop the parsley leaves and mix into the couscous.
- We serve the finished soup in bowls and put a little couscous on top.
Creamy Potato Chips
Potato soup definitely belongs to autumn soups. It’s a bit different than the classic one, but it still tastes fantastic. Thanks to its soft consistency, everyone will really enjoy it.
- 6 slices of bacon cut into pieces
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cleaned diced carrots
- 3 stalks of celery, cut into pieces
- 6 whole red potatoes, peeled and diced
- 8 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoons of semi-coarse flour
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup whipping cream (33%)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or more if not enough)
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning blend
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup grated cheese (cheddar, parmesan, etc.)
- Put the pieces of bacon in the pot and fry them at a medium temperature until they are nice and crispy and get a brown shade.
- Remove the finished bacon and set aside. Drain the fat from it, leave a little in the pot and return it to the stove.
- Throw in the onion, carrot and celery and fry for about 2 minutes. Add the chopped potatoes and let them fry for another 5 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper and Cajun seasoning. Pour in the broth and bring to a gentle boil.
- After 10 minutes of cooking, or when the potatoes are already softer, add flour beaten in milk and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Take about half of the soup and use an immersion blender to blend until smooth. We are careful that the soup does not splash on us.
- When blended, return the liquid to the pot and mix thoroughly with the remaining soup until combined.
- Reheat and season with salt or spices as needed.
- Finally, stir in the cream and then the parsley. We can also decorate the soup with it.
- We serve in bowls decorated with parsley, grated cheese and crispy pieces of bacon that we prepared at the beginning.
Discover similar tips
Vegetable soup with wild rice
Although wild rice is not a commonly used ingredient in our kitchens, it still found its way to us. Together with seasonal vegetables, you can conjure up an excellent delicacy that will warm you not only in autumn. The good thing is that it’s made in an Instant Pot pressure cooker, so it won’t be that much work.
- 6 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- 250 g of mushrooms, cut into slices
- 4 chopped garlic cloves
- 2 medium-sized carrots, diced
- 2 stalks of celeriac, diced
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 chopped white onion
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- 1 can of unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 – 3 large handfuls of coarsely chopped cabbage without the skin
- Fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pour vegetable stock into the pressure cooker, add wild rice, mushrooms, garlic, carrots, celery, sweet potatoes, onions, bay leaves and Old Bay spices.
- Mix everything thoroughly to combine the ingredients. Cover and cook on high pressure for 25 minutes.
- Then we let the Instant Pot rest and release steam naturally for 10 minutes.
- Then, with the utmost care, we open the vent hole and release the remaining pressure.
- Remove the lid and remove the bay leaf.
- Pour in the coconut milk, throw in the cabbage and stir gently to combine everything. Taste and season as needed.
- We serve it still warm. We decorate according to fantasy.
In today’s fast-paced world, there is often no time for a lengthy balancing act, but you still have to eat. If you are hungry and want to make a small snack, for example, this autumn soup is ideal for that. The recipe is for 1 portion, but it is not a problem to multiply the amount of ingredients according to the number of diners.
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups shredded cooked cauliflower
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- A pinch of ground black pepper
- 40 g of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 slices of bacon
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- Put the cauliflower, stock, garlic powder, pepper into the blender/food processor and blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a saucepan, bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Stir in the cream cheese and, if necessary, add broth.
- As soon as we reach a satisfactory consistency, let the soup heat up and set aside.
- When serving, pour yogurt over it, sprinkle with bacon, parsley and lemon zest.
Peas with ham
Just 30 minutes is enough to conjure up a perfect soup from just a few ingredients that tastes absolutely delicious. You might be a little surprised by its green color, but believe me, you will enjoy it.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 brown onion finely chopped
- 1 leek thinly sliced (light part only)
- 1 kg of potatoes – peeled and finely chopped
- 4 cups (1 liter) chicken stock
- 360 g of frozen peas
- 350 g of coarsely chopped ham
- 80 ml of whipping cream
- 2 cups of water
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and leek and sauté for about 5 minutes to soften the onion.
- Add potatoes, stock and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a minimum and cook for 10 minutes until the potatoes are soft.
- Stir in the peas and let it cook for another 5 minutes, until the peas are softer.
- Meanwhile, heat the second tablespoon of olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat and add the ham.
- Fry for about 5-6 minutes, stirring constantly, until golden. Then transfer it to a plate lined with kitchen paper towels.
- Take half of the vegetable mixture in a tall bowl and blend until smooth with a stick blender.
- Return to the pot and mix. Divide the soup into bowls, cover with cream and sprinkle with ham.
Tip: Also try the pea porridge recipes , because there are never enough peas.
Onion with mushrooms
Have a little depression and you’re not doing much because you’re still cold? Excellent autumn soups can handle this, which will leave you licking your head. They perfectly warm the whole body, taste great and their preparation is an absolute breeze.
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 large yellow or brown onions, roughly chopped
- 450 g champignons, halved
- 6 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1 and 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 4 wide strips of fresh lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 2 sprigs rosemary (tear leaves)
- 5 peeled garlic cloves
- 7 cups of water
- 1 loaf of bread torn into 4 cm pieces
- Heat 1/4 cup of oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, add the onion and stir-fry for about 25 minutes until golden brown.
- Add the mushrooms, thyme, bay leaf, season with 1 teaspoon of salt and cook for 10 minutes, scraping up the browned bits from the bottom of the pan as it cooks.
- As soon as the mushrooms are browned and the water has evaporated, pour in the white wine, add the lemon zest and let it cook for another 5 minutes, stirring constantly. The onion should look like jam.
- Add all 7 cups of water and bring to a boil. Cover with a lid so that the soup can cook.
- After 40 minutes of cooking, whisk in the mustard and soy sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- While the soup is cooking, preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line the tray with baking paper.
- Finely blend the rosemary leaves together with the garlic in a food processor.
- Transfer to a larger bowl, stir in 1/2 teaspoon of salt, add the remaining oil and throw in the sliced bread. Stir to get the mixture all over.
- Spread the bread on a baking sheet with paper, leave the oil in a bowl for later.
- Place the tray in the preheated oven and bake for approx. 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Return the finished croutons to the bowl and mix with the oil.
Vietnamese chicken broth with noodles
Preparing a hearty and above all tasty soup is sometimes a great art, other times a piece of cake. You just have to have the right ingredients. If you are a fan of Asian cuisine, then you will definitely enjoy this delicacy and will be happy to come back to this recipe.
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 brown onion, roughly chopped
- 2 coarsely chopped carrots
- 3 chopped spring onions (white part only)
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 piece of ginger, roughly chopped (approx. 6 cm)
- 4 star anise
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- 4 cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1 bunch of coriander
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 3 spoons of fish sauce
- Juice of 2 large limes
- 250 g of rice noodles
- 50 g bean sprouts
- 1 handful of red chili peppers cut into pieces
- 2 and ½ liters of water
- Green parts of spring onions cut into slices
- Wash the chicken under cold water and place it in the slow cooker container.
- Add onion, carrot, white part of spring onions, garlic, ginger and crushed coriander.
- Cover everything with water so that the chicken is completely under the surface. If the specified amount of water is not enough, we will add it.
- Cover with a lid and cook at a low temperature for 8 hours.
- After this time, we carefully remove the chicken and peel all the meat, which we cut into pieces. We throw away the skin and bones.
- Strain the broth from the slow cooker into a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and add brown sugar, fish sauce and lime juice.
- While the soup is cooking, cook the noodles according to the instructions on the package.
- We prepare soup bowls, put enough chopped chicken meat, bean sprouts, green spring onion, coriander leaves and chili peppers into them.
- Pour over the hot soup and serve with a wedge of lime.
What is wheat bran?
Basically, they are mainly parts of the husks, while the bran can be obtained during the processing of wheat. They are loaded with proteins, fats, vitamins and minerals.
However, they are not used that much in our kitchens, which is a shame. Many people have experienced bran only as fodder for horses, but that has already changed. A significant part of bran is made up of fiber, a full 43%.
Where can bran be used?
Bran is suitable as an ingredient in homemade bread or buns, which will be rich in fiber thanks to it. At the same time, it can be used in muesli, in yogurt, but also as part of muesli sticks.
Do not hesitate to mix them into the dough for cookies or muffins, or into porridge for breakfast. And last but not least, you can use bran to thicken soup, for example.
What are they good for?
- Adding fiber to the diet.
- Prevention against constipation.
- They help lower cholesterol levels
What to watch out for?
Due to the fact that bran contains so-called lignin, which is quite hard, it can disturb the intestinal mucosa very unpleasantly. This is also the reason why their consumption is not suitable for individuals suffering from colitis or irritable bowel syndrome.
What are the types of beans?
Beans are a very delicious food that should definitely not be missing from our menu. Unfortunately, their often lengthy preparation and the subsequent occurrence of flatulence discourages many of us from consuming them.
That’s a shame, because they are bloated with soluble and insoluble fiber, proteins, but also other important substances. In total, it is possible to choose from 11 types of beans. Which ones are they?
They are originally from China. Their slightly nutty taste is characteristic. They have a lot of protein, calcium and phosphorus. This species is recommended in the treatment of kidney diseases.
Just soak for 3-4 hours and then cook in the same water for 1 hour in a pressure cooker. The advantage is that they are very saturated, so they keep us feeling full for much longer.
They have a floury consistency, but are otherwise almost universal. They can be used in soups, salads and sauces, but they are also excellent pureed or baked. They get along perfectly with sharper spices, which is why they are the right choice for chili con carne.
The taste is very mild with a creamy texture. Ideal for making bean puree. Otherwise, they can be used in soups, salads and as a side dish. You can make a super spread from it.
The only thing that is not pleasing is the necessity of soaking for 8 to 12 hours. In a pressure cooker, they are cooked in 20 minutes, while in a classic cooker it takes about 1.5 hours.
Thanks to their sweet taste, they are a perfect ingredient for salads. They originate from South America, but are also grown in Thailand and China. It is a popular ingredient in Mexican cuisine. The soaking and preparation time is the same as for white beans.
This is a very popular species for sprouting, as it does not tend to mold or rot. Its birthplace is India, otherwise it is also cultivated in Asian countries. These beans are loaded with iron, potassium, magnesium, and lots of vitamins.
The taste is similar to green peas and they are highly digestible. It must be soaked for 4-8 hours and the water must be drained. They cook in 45 minutes on the stove, 10 minutes in the pressure cooker.
S vůj got its name from the spot, which is yellow or black on an otherwise white surface and looks like an eye. The taste is mild, completely neutral, so it depends on what spices and herbs we use to make the final dish delicious.
However, thanks to their virtually no taste, they are great for soups and vegetable stews. It is soaked again for 8 to 12 hours and cooked for 60 minutes on the stove or 15 minutes in a pressure cooker.
They are called chili beans. They are quite large and their color ranges from red to brown. They originate from Central America. When cooked gently, they are pleasantly sweet. It is a great accompaniment to rice or corn dishes.
They stand out best with cayenne pepper or hot pepper. It is ideal if it is soaked for 12-24 hours. It is then cooked in 20 minutes in a pressure cooker or in 90 minutes on the stove in a classic cooker.
They are a source of manganese, magnesium and folic acid. They are recommended as prevention of high pressure and atherosclerosis. It is suitable for soups, salads, but also for various spreads or for baking. The taste is very mild.
This species gained the greatest popularity in the USA and Mexico due to its spicy floury taste. It is usually part of a rice mixture that is wrapped in corn tortillas.
It must be soaked for 8-12 hours and cooked for 90 minutes in a classic or 20 minutes in a pressure cooker. For easier digestibility, they are recommended to be prepared with herbs.
Once cooked, their flavor is mild and completely neutral. This is also the reason why they are used as a preserve in soups, but they are also great in mixed salads.
If we want to boost their taste a bit, we reach for herbs and spices, for example thyme, basil, marjoram and the like. Before cooking, soak them in lukewarm water for 4 hours, then drain and cook in fresh water until they soften.
These Italian beans have a great flavor, while their skin is quite a bit thicker. They are perfect for salads, but they are also used in warm cuisine. Their texture is marble, so they match aesthetically. When peeled, they are used as beads for stringing.
In addition to Italian cuisine, it is also very popular in Turkish, Mexican or Portuguese cuisine. Use them in salads, spreads, ragout, stewed meat, and especially in so-called one-pot meals.