Avocado – a superfood from which you can make a lot of goodies.
Don’t you believe? Look at! You can use it in both salty and sweet cuisine.
Try avocado recipes that are healthy and full of vitamins.
Get inspired by our recipes.
Avocado toasts in 9 ways
Looking for tips for breakfast, lunch or dinner?
We have this excellent healthy spread for you in 9 variations. See also the video recipe.
Ingredients for the spread needed for 1 toast:
- ¼ avocado
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped coriander
- Hollow out the avocado, mash with a fork, season with lemon, salt and pepper, add coriander and mix.
- Spread on toast toasted to a crisp and decorate it as you wish from a selection of 9 variations.
Video recipe here with all 9 variations here:
With cherry tomatoes, basil and olive oil
- 20 cherry tomatoes (or 1 medium-sized tomato), 1 teaspoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon fresh chopped basil
- Place sliced tomatoes on toast spread with avocado spread, use the rest of the tomatoes as decoration. Sprinkle with basil and drizzle with oil.
With a bull’s eye
- 1 egg
- Prepare the ox eye in a pan. When finished, place it on toast spread with avocado spread. Salt, pepper and it’s done.
- 1 small radish
- Cut the radish into rounds and place on the toasted toast. To sprinkle with dried chili flakes.
With hard-boiled egg and capsicum
- 1 egg
- 1 capsicum
- chili flakes (optional)
- Hard-boil your eggs, then cut them into rounds, place them on avocado toast, sprinkle with diced capsicum and a sprinkling of chilli flakes.
With lemon peel and roasted sesame seeds
- ½ teaspoon of grated lemon peel
- ⅛ teaspoon of sesame seeds
- Grate lemon zest on buttered toast and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
With arugula, cucumber and cheese
- A handful of arugula
- ¼ salad cucumbers
- 1 teaspoon goat or feta cheese
- Sprinkle arugula on toast, add sliced (peeled) cucumber and sprinkle with cheese
With corn and cheese
- ⅛ cup corn (cooked or canned)
- 1 tablespoon of goat cheese
- Spread corn on buttered toast and sprinkle with goat cheese pieces.
With rocket and onion
- ⅛ cup arugula
- 1 tablespoon diced onion
- ¼ teaspoon olive oil
- Spread arugula, onion and drizzle olive oil on the buttered toast.
With strawberries, pomegranate seeds, balsamic vinegar and cheese
- ¼ cup sliced strawberries
- ⅛ pomegranate seeds
- ½ tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon goat or feta cheese
- Layer strawberries, pomegranate seeds on buttered toast, drizzle with balsamic and sprinkle with cheese.
Zucchini Avocado Soup
Yes, you can even make zucchini soup with avocado. In addition, it is very fast and full of vitamins. If you like zucchini, you will definitely not disdain this recipe.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 medium zucchini
- 3 and ½ cups of vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped mint
- ½ avocado
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- croutons or herbs for decoration to taste
- Fry finely chopped onion in hot oil in a pot (about 5 minutes).
- Add the peeled and diced courgettes and sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Then pour in the stock and cook until the stock comes to a boil.
- Then remove the broth from the burner and stir in mint, diced avocado, salt and pepper to taste.
- Blend the finished soup in this way with a hand blender until smooth.
- Season with lemon juice and serve with croutons or herbs.
Discover similar tips
Pasta with avocado sauce
Looking for inspiration for a healthy, quick and tasty lunch? This is one of the variations of vegetable pasta and you can prepare it in 15 minutes. If you fancy something light, don’t hesitate.
Ingredients (about 3 servings):
- 255 g of your favorite pasta
- 1 medium clove of garlic
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon of virgin olive oil
- 1 medium avocado
- 1 tablespoon of water
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon salt
- lemon zest for serving
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce.
- Put the garlic and basil in a blender and blend.
- Add lemon juice, oil, water, avocado and mix.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Strain the finished pasta and return it to the pot.
- Add the sauce to the pasta and mix.
- Alternatively, heat the mixture slightly.
- Serve sprinkled with grated lemon peel, you can add fresh basil leaves.
Crispy Avocado Fries
We also thought about healthy snacking. Why indulge in unhealthy, fat-laden chips when you can make this amazing crunchy avocado goodness? And watch out! Everything is without frying.
- 2 large avocados or 4 small avocados
- ¼ teaspoon dried garlic
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ cup of milk
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- Mix the garlic, flour and salt in a bowl.
- Pour the breadcrumbs into another bowl.
- Pour the milk into the third bowl.
- Cut the avocado into wedges, coat each wedge in the flour mixture, then dip in milk and finally in breadcrumbs.
- Press the avocado in the breadcrumbs so that it is well coated.
- Place the finished avocado on a tray lined with baking paper and bake at 215°C for approx. 15-18 minutes.
These great avocado fries would taste good with a chicken roll , for example, eh?
Avocado spread with chocolate
And finally, the icing on the cake. A sweet dessert at the end.
Try the chocolate avocado spread recipe!
You don’t have to worry about eating something unhealthy.
- 100 g of unsalted cashew nuts
- 10 soft dates
- 1 dl of almond milk
- 2 large avocados
- 3 spoons of cocoa
- 100 g cooking chocolate (at least 70%)
- 50 ml of maple syrup
- Forest fruit
- whipped cream
- Place the almonds, cashews and almond milk in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add avocado and blend.
- Then add the melted cooking chocolate, cocoa and maple syrup.
- Mix until everything is well combined.
- Serve chilled, topped with wild berries, sprinkled with white chocolate shavings.
- It is best to cool the mixture in a pastry bag, and then decorate the glasses nicely.
There is only one thing missing from this recipe… Excellent coffee. On hot summer days, even an iced coffee would not be thrown away. You can also prepare this in our favorite Tchibo coffee machines from our review .
As you can see, there are a lot of avocado recipes. It’s nice that it can be combined with salty and sweet flavors.
So what are you going to do?