Easy peasy baked potato recipe, followed by a couple delicious Do You Bake? Filling and topping add in ideas! Turn your baked potato from ordinary to completely extraordinary.
- Prep Time : 5 minutes
- Cook Time : 60 minutes
- Yield : 1 potato per person
- 1 large russet potato - One Per Person
- Canola Oil - Enough to Coat Baked Potato
- Kosher Salt - Enough to Rub the Skin
- Leftover Do You Bake? Spinach & Artichoke Dip - 1 - 2 Tablespoons per Baked Potato
- Do You Bake? Chive & Onion Seasoning - 2 teaspoons per Baked Potato
- Cheddar Cheese - 1 - 2 Tablespoons (Shredded)
- Fresh Chives - Optional (thinly chopped)
- Mozzarella Cheese - 1 - 2 teaspoons per potato (shredded)
Let's make the Baked Potato!
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and position racks in top and bottom thirds. Wash potato (or potatoes) thoroughly with a stiff brush and cold running water.
- Dry Potato (or Potatoes), then using a standard fork poke 8 to 12 deep holes all over the spud so that moisture can escape during cooking. Place in a bowl and coat lightly with oil. Sprinkle with kosher salt and place potato directly on rack in middle of oven. Place a baking sheet on the lower rack to catch any drippings.
- Bake 1 hour or until skin feels crisp but flesh beneath feels soft. Serve by creating a dotted line from end to end with your fork, then crack the spud open by squeezing the ends towards one another. It will pop right open. But watch out, there will be some steam.NOTE: If you're cooking more than 4 potatoes, you'll need to extend the cooking time by up to 15 minutes.
- After you have opened your baked potato, top with 1 - 2 Tablespoons of leftover Spinach & Artichoke Dip, a couple teaspoons shredded Mozzarella cheese and a few leaves of fresh spinach (optional). Return to the oven until cheese has melted and is slightly bubbly
- After you have opened your baked potato, sprinkle 1 - 2 teaspoons of Do You Bake? Chive 'n' Onion Seasoning, top with sour cream or greek yogurt, shredded cheddar cheese, bacon and sprinkle a few fresh chives.