Banana dessert is a great choice when you want something sweet but easy to prepare.
Try all our banana dessert recipes and see how delicious it can be!
Today, bananas are available almost all year round and their taste is more delicious than similarly offered and widespread citrus fruits.
Banana dessert without baking
It resembles a banana cake, but much easier! This no-bake banana dessert uses graham crackers instead of the classic crust.
What will we need
For the dough
- 20 whole honey graham crackers, divided
- 5 small bananas, sliced
- 205 ml whole milk
- 140 g of vanilla or banana pudding
- 230 g of cream cheese
- 400 g of sweetened condensed milk
- 340 g of whipped cream
- Line the bottom of the bowl with half of the graham crackers.
- Place the banana slices on top of the cookie layer.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the milk and custard until combined and a smooth, thick mixture forms.
- Whip the whipped cream.
- In a separate bowl, beat the cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk.
- Add the whipped cream and mix until well combined, then pour half of the mixture over the banana slices.
- Add a layer of cookies, bananas and whipped cream.
- Crush a few cookies in a small plastic bag and sprinkle over the surface of the dessert.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight
If you love bananas and want some refreshment on hot summer days, try making a banana smoothie according to our recipes .
Simple cheesecake with banana
This banana cheesecake dessert recipe is so simple and delicious it will blow your mind!
What will we need
- 350 g of soft cheese
- 150 ml of cream
- 75 g of powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 lemon, grated
- 5 spoons of salted caramel
- 2 small bananas for garnish
On the basis
- 40 g butter, softened, plus extra for the baking sheet
- 50 g soft light brown sugar
- 60 g plain flour
- 50 g of wholemeal flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 egg
- 2 very ripe bananas, roughly mashed
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- For the base, we beat butter, sugar, flour, baking powder, eggs and bananas together with a pinch of salt.
- Pour the mixture into a buttered deep mold with a diameter of 20 cm.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Place the cheese in a bowl and beat briefly to soften it.
- Gradually beat in the cream and sugar, the mixture will thicken.
- Stir in the vanilla and lemon zest.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of the salted caramel over the cooled banana bread, then spread the frosting and smooth.
- Put in the fridge overnight to cool and harden.
- Before serving, garnish with banana slices and drizzle with caramel.
For the best banana dessert recipe, only the best coffee from the best Tchibo coffee machine ! In our review, you will find out which coffee maker is the most suitable for you!
Really cold desserts can be enriched with frozen cream or ice cream. Smaller amounts of bananas can be quite well combined with other fruits, both fresh and compote.
Discover similar tips
A sweet dessert of banana, avocado and cocoa
Do you want to snack healthily? There’s nothing easier than getting started with this healthy banana dessert recipe!
What will we need
- 3 large ripe bananas
- 1 soft avocado
- 1 can of coconut milk (solidified)
- 2 spoons of cocoa
- 1 tablespoon of flax seed
- honey or agave syrup to sweeten
- 3 tablespoons of chia seeds
- half a cup of chopped cashews
- half a cup of grated coconut
- blueberries for garnish
- Put the chia seeds in a bowl and cover them with vegetable milk (almond or coconut) and let them swell.
- Light layer – put half an avocado, one and a half bananas and 1 dcl of milk in a blender, blend and combine with chia seeds in a bowl, sweeten with syrup.
- Dark layer – mix half an avocado and one and a half bananas and add two spoons of carob or cocoa, sweeten with syrup.
- Now divide the puddings into glasses.
- Then we chop the cashew nuts and layer them on the pudding. Add the sliced banana and then the grated coconut.
- Finally, cover the chia pudding with blueberries and, if you like, sweeten with date or maple syrup.
What are the known types of bananas?
- Cavendish Banana
The Cavendish banana is your “typical” banana that you find at your local grocery store or farmers market. They are slightly sweet and have a creamy texture. They have different stages of maturity, from green to yellow to yellow with brown spots.
- Pisang Raja
Pisang Raja bananas are popular in Indonesia. They are yellow to orange in color and taste like a honey flavored pudding with a smooth and creamy consistency.
- Red banana
As their name suggests, red bananas have a reddish-purple skin. They have light pink flesh and are much sweeter and milder than Cavendish bananas. They also have a light raspberry flavor that makes them absolutely irresistible.
- Lady Finger Banana
Lady Finger bananas, also known as baby bananas, are sweeter and smaller than Cavendish bananas, with a creamy texture and a sweet taste with hints of honey.
- Blue Javanese banana
Blue Java bananas are also known as ice cream bananas because of their sweet vanilla flavor and extreme creaminess. They are characterized by a beautiful blue skin and white flesh.
Bananas are a subgroup of bananas that are referred to as cooking bananas. They are high in starch and are usually used in savory dishes. They are not usually eaten raw.
- Manzano Banana
Manzano Banana has a hint of apple-strawberry flavor. They are short and plump with a light yellow skin that turns black when fully ripe.
- Burro Banana
Burro bananas have a lemony and spicy taste, making them one of the most unique types of bananas. The flesh is creamy white or yellow and soft.
- Banana Barangan
Yellow with small black dots, the Barangan banana has a sweet, mild taste. The flesh is white without seeds.
- Goldfinger Banana
The Goldfinger banana was first bred in Honduras by a team of scientists as a pest-resistant banana. It can be cooked when green and eaten raw once fully ripe.