This fruit was literally born for smoothies.
But is it possible to combine it only with other fruits or can you also use vegetables?
What combinations will your children fall in love with and what do you enjoy the most with a banana on hot summer days?
Get inspired by the following 8 different banana smoothie recipes, in which this sweet fruit plays the main role.
Simple, sweet, great. Bananas and strawberries have always gotten along well, so they are also a perfect combination in a smoothie drink. It’s a classic that never gets old and suits any occasion. There is no need to invent any complexities and specific ingredients, this fruit deserves only high-quality milk or yogurt.
- 200 g of fresh strawberries
- 1 sliced banana (can be frozen)
- 70 g Greek plain yogurt
- 100 ml of milk
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and mix for about 30 seconds.
- If you do not use frozen banana or strawberries and want to have a refreshing smoothie, add some ice.
Banana smoothie with spinach
Banana with spinach? It sounds rather strange, but there is definitely nothing to be afraid of. This green smoothie will surprise you with its sweet taste, and you may be able to disabuse your children of the fear of similar green drinks. In addition, the recipe is really simple, you can do it with only three ingredients! If you want to experiment more, add, for example, avocado or berries.
- 1 banana
- 1 large handful of fresh baby spinach
- 200 ml milk (you can also use soy milk)
- Blend the banana together with the spinach and milk until smooth.
- Add the milk gradually to reach the desired consistency.
Check out our other spinach smoothie recipes for health, vitality and immunity!
Banana smoothie without yogurt and milk
This yogurt and milk free banana smoothie is not only incredibly delicious, but it’s also a real energy booster! Plus, the recipe couldn’t be simpler.
- 2 bananas
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon of peanut butter
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 4 dates
- 1 and 1/2 cups of water
- Place all ingredients in a high speed blender.
- Process until smooth.
- This usually takes 30 seconds to a minute depending on your blender.
- Serve immediately.
Ripe, fresh fruit is the key to a great tasting smoothie. Use banana as the base for a thick, velvety texture as well as the main source of sweetener in this simple, nutrient-packed recipe. Raw walnuts and flaxseed are full of protein and Omega-3, and fresh turmeric is a powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant. Since coconut water replaces electrolytes and is one of the main ingredients in this recipe, the smoothie is perfect for a refreshing post-workout snack or a great way to start your day off on the right foot.
- 1 and 1/4 cup coconut water
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/3 cup mixed nuts
- 2.5 cm piece of fresh turmeric (or 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric)
- 1 tablespoon of flax meal
- Blend the coconut water, banana, nuts, turmeric and flax meal in a blender until smooth.
- Enjoy it!
Discover similar tips
Banana smoothie bowl
This easy-to-prepare dish is luxuriously creamy and pleasantly sweet. Decorate it with, for example, granola or peanut butter for a healthy breakfast!
- 2 frozen bananas, peeled and sliced
- ¼ cup milk (almond, soy, etc.)
- 1-2 tablespoons of nut butter
- pinch of cinnamon (optional)
- Add the bananas to the blender.
- Let sit in the blender for 2-3 minutes to soften slightly.
- Turn on the blender and slowly chop the fruit into small pieces.
- Add the milk and blend, starting on low speed and slowly increasing the speed until the mixture is smooth.
- Spoon the smoothie into a bowl and add toppings to taste.
You may also find our juicer reviews useful. What to focus on when choosing it? We will tell you everything important!
Coffee-banana smoothie with protein
Instead of your favorite iced coffee, try the following thick and creamy protein smoothie. This healthy breakfast recipe is naturally gluten-free and packed with nutrients.
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup full-fat vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 cup whole milk (or other milk of choice)
- 2 scoops of protein powder of your choice
- 2 tablespoons of instant espresso
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Start with 1/2 cup of ice and add more until desired thickness level is reached.
- Enjoy it!
Banana and avocado smoothie for weight loss
This smoothie is a great weight loss aid and tastes great! The combination of banana, avocado and honey will definitely not leave you cold.
- ½ cup of kefir
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 small ripe banana, sliced and frozen
- 1 teaspoon of chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon of water
- ½ cup chopped avocado
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon honey or to taste
- ½ to 1 cup ice
- Place the chia seeds and water in a small glass.
- Mix and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Add the chia mixture and other ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately.
We also have 5 more best avocado smoothie recipes for you for a better day!
Mango-banana smoothie with flakes
A delicious drink that you can enjoy as a great breakfast during the hectic days. The combination of fresh mango, banana, yogurt and oatmeal will fill you up, but at the same time you won’t be heavy after it. Enjoy it!
- 2 tablespoons of oatmeal
- 1 medium banana, peeled and sliced
- 2 medium mangoes, peeled and pitted
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt, chilled
- 1 teaspoon honey or maple syrup (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- In a blender, grind the oatmeal to a fine powder.
- Now add banana and mango pulp and mix until smooth.
- Add yogurt, honey and vanilla.
- Blend into a thick, creamy smoothie.
- Feel free to add more yogurt or even milk if you prefer a thinner smoothie.
- Pour the smoothie into glasses and enjoy it immediately, or store it in the fridge for a day.
- The smoothie will thicken in the fridge and the mango flavor will also intensify a bit.
These were our banana smoothie recipes. We hope you enjoyed it, and if you have leftover bananas and you’re hungry, try our banana dessert recipes .