Are drowned or toasted burritos among your favorite delicacies?
Then you’ll love our beer burrito recipes!
In addition to classic dumplings, you can also use different types of sausages and sausages in a similar way.
Get inspired to prepare this tasty dish. You can never go wrong with the combination of sausage and beer.
Beer and onion burritos
Meatballs and onions are not only the basic ingredients for the preparation of classic pub drownings. This recipe is no different!
- 4 burritos or Prague sausages
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 red onions
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- 1 and 1/3 cup light beer
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- salt pepper
- Soak the burritos in hot water for 5 minutes.
- Remove them from the water and dry them thoroughly.
- Melt the butter and oil in a pan.
- Add the diced onion and sauté for about 5 minutes until translucent.
- Add the crushed garlic and sauté for another minute.
- Add the burritos and fry them on both sides until golden brown.
- Add the flour and fry for another 2 minutes.
- Add beer and add sugar as well.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for approximately 20 minutes.
Beer-based burritos prepared in this way can be served, for example, with a vegetable salad and fresh bread.
Of course, beer is used not only in combination with sausages, but also with meat. Get inspiration from beer meat recipes.
Burritos on dark beer
Black beer is known for its sweeter taste. Try adding it to soups! Great taste will be guaranteed!
- 8 burritos or sausages
- 2 thinly sliced onions
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 cups of dark beer
- Melt the butter in a pan and lightly fry the burritos on both sides.
- Then remove the burritos and add the onion cut into rounds to the butter.
- Glaze the onion, about 8 minutes.
- Pour the beer into the pan and stir.
- Close the pan and let the mixture cook for 10 minutes.
- Then add the fried bacon to the pan and cook for another 10 minutes.
Beer-based burritos taste great with fresh bread or vegetable salad.
Discover similar tips
Beer canapés with pork belly
A great recipe with which you can enliven, for example, various garden parties.
- 5 dumplings
- 2 cups of beer
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons of cornstarch
- Lightly fry the pork chops on both sides on the grill or in a pan.
- Place the beer and brown sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the mixture has reduced and thickened slightly.
- Add Dijon mustard to the mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Mix the cornstarch with a spoonful of cold water and pour it into the beer mixture as well.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute, until the sauce thickens.
- Cut the bacon into approximately centimeter pieces and add them to the pot with the sauce.
- Stir and sprinkle with fresh parsley.
Subsequently, it is enough to stick a toothpick into the individual pieces and original beer burritos are born.
Are sausages your weakness. Use them to make a salad, roll or spread. Sausage treats are always tasty, easy and quick!
Sausages prepared with beer and peppers
Italian sausages or salsiccia can be used to prepare many different dishes. Try preparing them with golden mocha as well.
- 8 Italian-style sausages
- 4 large peppers
- 2 yellow onions
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup of lager beer
- fresh herbs, for example basil or parsley
- olive oil
- Heat two tablespoons of olive oil in a pan, add the sausages and brown them on all sides. After frying, remove them from the pan and place them on a plate.
- Add another two tablespoons of olive oil, peppers and onions cut into rounds to the pan along with a little salt.
- Mix everything and let it cook for about 15-18 minutes, until the vegetables are soft and slightly browned.
- Stir in the crushed garlic and let it become fragrant for about a minute.
- Stir in the beer and let it come to a boil.
- Scrape the baked-on bits from the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon and cook for 5-8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the beer has reduced and thickened a bit.
- Return the sausages to the pan, close the pan with a lid and cook on low heat for about 15 minutes. Turn the sausages halfway through cooking.
- Sprinkle with fresh herbs just before serving.
The dish prepared in this way tastes great especially with fresh bread, but you can also serve it with potatoes, for example.
Do you like a variety of dishes with peppers? Get inspired by our pepper feasts ! Do you like roasted, stuffed or grilled peppers?
Beer and potato dumplings
The advantage of this recipe is that you have the entire dish ready at the same time, including the side dish.
- 6 burritos or dumplings
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 cups light beer
- 2 cups of water
- 800 g of small potatoes
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- fresh parsley
- salt pepper
- Heat one tablespoon of oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the pork chops and fry them on all sides.
- Add the thinly sliced onion and cook until softened, about 7 minutes.
- Pour beer into the pan, add washed and halved, salted and peppered potatoes.
- Add two cups of water so that the potatoes are completely submerged in the liquid.
- Bring to a boil, cover and cook until the potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix one tablespoon of oil, vinegar and parsley in a bowl.
- Transfer the boiled potatoes to this dressing and mix thoroughly.
- Also remove the pork chops from the pan, bring the remaining mixture in the pan back to a boil and cook until reduced to about one cup, about 10 minutes.
- Return the patties to the pan and reheat.
Place the beer burritos and potatoes on a serving plate and pour the sauce over the top.
A Czech classic called spekáček
Many consider spekáčky to be one of the most classic Czech sausages. It must be added that they are not far from the truth. The history of this popular sausage goes back to the end of the nineteenth century at the then regional exhibition in Prague. Since then, they have become a popular delicacy, prepared in many ways. It has been registered on the list of traditional specialties of the European Commission for ten years.
Although in general people use this word to refer to a relatively wide range of sausages, real spekáček has a composition given by decree, which guarantees its exceptional taste and quality. In the kitchen, they are most often prepared by heating, roasting and pickling.
The combination with beer is one of the very popular forms of their heat treatment. Light and dark beer can be used. In addition to classic bacon, for example, some people dislike the characteristic pieces of bacon that gave them their name, other types of burritos, sausages or sausages can also be used. And how do burritos taste best with beer? Well, with beer!