Are you looking for dandelion recipes that are not only healthy, but also simple and delicious?
Then get inspired by our instructions for preparing the best dandelion treats.
Lovers of natural medicine will also enjoy it!
Dandelion honey recipe
Make this great helper not only in the fight against colds and coughs!
If you want to make the taste of honey a little special, you can use orange instead of lemon.
- 2 cups fresh dandelion flowers
- 1.5 cups of water
- 1.5 cups of cane sugar
- 1 lemon
- Wash the dandelion flowers gently with cold water.
- Then put them, together with water and a few slices of lemon, in a pot and cook them on a low heat, covered with a lid, for about 15 minutes.
- Then leave the mixture in the pot to cool and infuse overnight.
- The next day, strain the mixture through a strainer or cloth into another pot.
- Add sugar to the dandelion infusion and stir everything thoroughly over low heat until the sugar has completely dissolved.
- After that, cook the mixture for another 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When the mixture starts to thicken, the honey is ready.
- Pour the still warm dandelion honey into prepared jars with lids, which you close immediately after filling.
- If your honey starts to crystallize, immerse the filled glass for a while in a container of warm water.
We recommend honey and meat lovers to try great recipes for honey meat !
Do you like pancakes, fritters or waffles? With this delicious syrup, your favorite dish will be even more irresistible. The syrup also serves as a great flavoring for tea.
- 1.5 cups of dandelion flowers
- 3 cups of water
- 2 cups cane sugar or other sweetener
- ¼ cup honey (optional)
- fresh lemon juice from half a lemon
- Wash the dandelion flowers and let them dry on a paper or cloth towel for about an hour.
- When the flowers are dry, remove the green calyx hazel from the bottom, otherwise your syrup will be unnecessarily bitter.
- Put the dandelion flowers in a pot and cover them with water.
- Then bring the water to a boil and boil the flowers for about 1 minute.
- Then remove the pots from the heat, cover and let the dandelion flowers soak in the water overnight.
- The next day, strain the dandelion infusion through a fine sieve or cloth.
- Add sugar, honey and lemon to the container with the dandelion infusion.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and simmer for about an hour until the liquid is reduced by about half.
- Then remove the mixture from the heat and pour into the prepared glasses.
Interested in a recipe for dandelion syrup? Then try also a simple recipe for elderberry syrup .
Dandelion tea helps reduce water retention in the body, blood pressure and helps regulate blood sugar. In addition, it benefits the skin!
Prepare a tasty drink that can be drunk hot or cold.
- ½ cup of dandelions
- 4 cups of water
- Boil water in a pot and pour dandelions into it.
- Close the pot and cook for 20 minutes.
- After this time, uncover and enjoy a great tea.
- You can decorate the tea with freshly washed dandelion and you can serve.
- Add ice to your tea for refreshment.
- If you like a sweeter drink, you can flavor the dandelion tea with sugar or your favorite sweetener.
Do you love interesting teas? Then prepare one of the 6 recipes for baked tea .
Dandelion root tea
Enjoy an excellent drink, the preparation of which is simple and quick, and you use the whole plant.
- 4.5 teaspoons of dried dandelion roots
- 2 cups of water
- 1-2 teaspoons butter or cream (optional)
- cinnamon, ginger, vanilla extract (to taste)
- Place the pot on the stove and sprinkle the dandelion roots on the bottom.
- Sauté until the dandelion is fragrant and brown.
- Then pour water and seasonings into the pot and bring to a boil. You can use only some of the flavorings, according to your choice, or all at once.
- Once the water starts to boil, lower the heat and simmer for 30-45 minutes.
- Season the finished dandelion tea with butter or maple syrup.
Spring dandelion salad with egg and grapefruit
It is best to use leaves from your own garden for this salad or those that you are sure have not been chemically treated.
- 2 cups of dandelion leaves
- 2 spring onions
- 2 eggs
- 1 grapefruit
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice
- Hard-boil the eggs in a saucepan (10 minutes).
- While the eggs are cooking, mix the olive oil and lemon juice in a separate bowl.
- Cut the spring onion into small rounds and mix it in a deep plate with the dandelion leaves. Then pour over everything with a dressing made of oil and lemon juice.
- Peel the boiled and cooled eggs and cut them into slices or smaller pieces. Add to salad.
- Finally, add the peeled grapefruit slices to the plate as well.
- Now all you have to do is enjoy the delicious dandelion salad.
- Serve with fresh bread.
Do you like fresh baked goods? Try our recipes from the home bakery .
Delicious dandelion wine
Do you like to taste something new and interesting? Then prepare a delicious drink, which is sparkling wine with a golden color.
- 1 liter of dandelion flowers
- 4.5 liters of water
- 2 lemons
- 2 oranges
- 1.5 kg of sugar
- 40 g of yeast
- Remove most of the green parts from the dandelion flowers, i.e. mainly the calyxes on the lower part of the flowers.
- Subsequently, scald the dandelion flowers with 2.5 l of boiling water and leave to infuse for 1 day.
- The next day, strain the mixture and pour the infusion into a five liter container.
- Then mix the sugar in 2 liters of boiling water. Once the sugar has dissolved, let the solution cool and pour it into the container with the dandelion infusion.
- Now peel the lemons and oranges, cut them into slices and, together with the crushed yeast, add everything to the container with the dandelion infusion.
- Then cover this container with food foil, in which you make several holes with a needle so that air can penetrate inside.
- Place the container in the light, near the window for 6 weeks and let it ferment.
- When the citrus pieces fall to the bottom of the container, pour the wine into the prepared bottles.
- Then close the bottles and store them for at least 6 months, preferably two years, in a cool and dark place.
- This dandelion wine recipe may be a bit of a stretch, but the resulting flavor is truly worth it!
If you like wine, you can try our delicious recipes with grape wine .
Discover similar tips
Imagine being able to prepare a miracle of natural medicine that helps with all kinds of swelling, inflammation and insect bites.
Imagine that you don’t only have to use this miracle as an external medicine, but you can also enjoy it as a salad dressing and thus support the proper functioning of the digestive system.
We bring you a recipe that will allow you to do all this!
- dandelion flowers (quantity optional – the more flowers, the stronger the flavor of the oil)
- olive oil (according to the amount of flowers)
- Spread the fresh dandelion flowers on a cotton towel and let them dry slightly for at least a day.
- Fill half of the glass that you want to use to make the oil with the dried flowers.
- Then fill the entire glass with flowers with olive oil, up to the rim.
- Stir the contents of the jar with a wooden spoon before closing.
- Place the tightly closed jar in a warm, sunny place and let it stand for 2 weeks.
- During this time, every two to three days, shake the glass to mix its contents and release the medicinal substances better. At the same time, check whether mold is forming inside.
- After two weeks, strain the contents of the jar using a sieve lined with cloth or gauze.
- After straining the liquid content, squeeze the remaining dandelion flowers through the cloth as well.
- Your dandelion oil is ready and you can use it for up to one year. You store it in a dry and dark and cool place.
Try oil in a spray , which will make your work easier in the kitchen.
In this case, the term coffee is used for a drink prepared from the dried and ground roots of the medicinal cream. They should be dug out of the ground either in autumn or spring.
- dandelion roots
- sugar and milk (to taste)
- Wash the roots, stripped of the green parts, thoroughly and cut into smaller pieces.
- Then place these pieces in the oven, preheated to 200°C and bake for approximately 30 minutes to dry the roots.
- After cooling, grind the roots using a coffee grinder. You can then use the resulting powder immediately or store it in an airtight jar.
- Use 2 teaspoons of ground powder to make one cup.
- Pour hot water over the powder and flavor the entire coffee with sugar or milk, depending on your taste.
- If you want, you can also filter the coffee before consumption, but it is not necessary.
- Black dandelion root coffee tastes best if you enjoy it in peace and quiet.
Dandelion liqueur recipe
Do you want to enjoy something harder and unusual?
Then try this amazing recipe that you and your guests will appreciate!
- 150 g of dandelions
- peeled lemon (preferably organic)
- 150 g of brown sugar
- 0.7 l of vodka
- Rinse the flowers and dry them with a paper towel.
- Tear off the yellow flowers from the stem and squeeze the juice from the lemon.
- Pour the juice into a container with a lid, put the flowers in it, add 125 ml of water, and finally add the vodka.
- Close the container so that it seals well and let it stand for 4 weeks in a bright place.
- After this time, filter the liquid into a carafe and serve.
For those who do not like alcohol, we have great recipes for homemade lemonades , which are most refreshing especially in summer.
This recipe is great for those who want to boost their immune system and cleanse their liver. Try it out!
- 1 large bunch of dandelions
- approx. 3 cm of ginger root
- 1 whole lemon (without peel)
- ½ large pineapple (peeled)
- 1 apple
- Put all the ingredients in the juicer and mix the finished juice thoroughly.
- Serve in a glass, garnished with pineapple.
- If you want, you can add ice to the drink. Especially in summer, chilled dandelion juice is a wonderfully refreshing bomb.
Do you like juices? So also try the pomegranate juice recipe .
Why consume dandelion?
Dandelion is not just a beautiful flower. It is also very beneficial for health.
What are the health benefits of dandelion?
- It is highly nutritious: You will find vitamin A, C and K in it. It also contains vitamin E, folic acid and a small amount of B vitamins. In addition, you will also find minerals in dandelion, including iron, calcium, magnesium and potassium. Dandelion root is rich in inulin, a type of soluble fiber that supports the growth and maintenance of healthy bacterial flora in the intestinal tract.
- Contains antioxidants: We are talking here about powerful antioxidants that help neutralize or prevent the negative effects of free radicals in the human body. Dandelion also contains high levels of the antioxidant beta-carotene, which provides powerful protection against cell damage and oxidative stress. Dandelion also contains another category of antioxidants called polyphenols.
- Helps fight inflammation: Some studies have shown that in cells treated with dandelion compounds, markers of inflammation were significantly reduced. But further studies are needed.
- Helps control blood sugar: Chicanoic acid and chlorogenic acid are two bioactive compounds in dandelion that are found in all parts of the plant and help lower blood sugar levels.
- Helps Lower Cholesterol: Some studies show that the bioactive compounds in dandelion can lower cholesterol and reduce the risk of heart disease.
- May lower blood pressure: Traditional herbal medicine uses dandelion for its diuretic effect, which helps detoxify the organs. Ridding the body of excess fluid can lead to a decrease in blood pressure.
- Supports proper liver function: Some studies show that dandelion has a protective effect on liver tissue when the tissue is exposed to toxic substances and stress.
- Can help with weight loss: Dandelion and its bioactive components can promote weight loss. Dandelion improves metabolic function and helps slow down the process of fat storage, which can lead to weight loss.
- Helps fight cancer: Dandelion helps prevent the growth of cancer cells.
- Supports healthy digestion and cures constipation: Dandelion accelerates contractions in the stomach and emptying of stomach contents into the small intestine. In addition, the effects of dandelion root are such that the prebiotic fiber present, inulin, has a strong ability to reduce constipation and increase bowel movement.
- Strengthens the immune system: Dandelion has antimicrobial and antiviral properties that support the body’s ability to fight infection.
- It has positive effects on the skin: Studies show that dandelion promotes the formation of new skin cells, which helps to slow down skin aging.
- Supports bone health: Dandelion is a good source of calcium and vitamin K, which help prevent bone loss.
How to remove the bitter taste of dandelion?
Dandelion is characterized by its bitter taste. If you want to get rid of it, you have several options to do it.
In the case of dandelion flowers, it is enough to remove their green sepals – the yellow petals are not bitter. Dandelion leaves for salad are also recommended to be collected early in the spring, when they are not yet so bitter. Later, the bitterness can be removed by soaking them in salt water. Soaking is enough for about half an hour.
In terms of consumption, of course, it’s best to use a dandelion that you know hasn’t been chemically treated and doesn’t come from somewhere near the road. In any case, it is recommended to thoroughly rinse the leaves and flowers under running water before consumption.