“Black coffee gives strength…” Mr. Štědrý once sang. And bean coffee lovers certainly agree with him even today. The dried and roasted seeds of the tropical coffee tree contain the alkaloid caffeine, which repels drowsiness, malaise and fatigue.
Roasting also gives coffee the aromatic oil kaffeol, which affects its distinctive taste and aroma. The popularity of the drink is also evidenced by the wide variety of ways to prepare it.
We have selected 3 of them for you for this article. Get inspired and see that you will fall in love with it.
Black Turkish coffee
Turkish coffee can be prepared in two ways. The so-called turek, which is sold for a few crowns in every pub, is prepared by simply pouring ground coffee into a mug with hot water. However, this has nothing to do with real Turkish coffee. Now read the correct procedure.
- ice Cube
- ground coffee
- Fill the jug with water exactly to one portion. Bring to a boil. Then pour in two teaspoons of ground coffee and let it boil twice.
- Add an ice cube and sweeten a lot.
- Serve in small cups.
Discover similar tips
Black coffee with cream
If you find the taste of black coffee too strong, you can simply soften it by adding another simple ingredient.
- black coffee
- whole milk or liquid or dried cream
- We prepare black coffee according to the standard procedure. Whether it will be Turkish coffee, drip coffee or coffee from a capsule press is entirely up to you.
- Add a little milk or cream and mix.
- We serve immediately.
As a festive treat, we serve Viennese coffee in tall glasses, which is complemented by a tall cap of whipped cream, which can also be dusted with cocoa.
Iced black coffee
It is especially pleasant in the summer months and on steamy days.
- black coffee
- milk or water
- Prepare a cup of black coffee according to your taste in a tall glass.
- Add ice cubes and top up the full glass with milk or water.
- Serve with a sprig of mint or an edible flower.
If you want, you can spice up your coffee with cinnamon or use frozen ice cream instead of ice.
Black coffee has become part of business meetings, family gatherings, friendly gatherings and quick refreshments, so we can end our article again with Mr. Štědrý, “… and therefore eternal glory”. And for those who don’t like the smell of coffee anymore, they can try one of the refreshing lemonades .