A popular side dish that can be prepared in many different ways.
This time we have recipes with boiled potatoes that you will love.
Make dumplings, a sweet strudel or a luxurious frittata out of them.
Potato frittata with asparagus and goat cheese
Make this great potato frittata with asparagus, goat cheese and basil for a wonderful breakfast, brunch or even a quick and easy dinner.
- 115 g potatoes, cut into small cubes
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 100 g of asparagus, cut into 2.5 cm long pieces
- 6 whole eggs
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 3/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 55 g of goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- Add the sliced potatoes to a small pot, cover with water and bring to a boil.
- Cook over medium-high heat for 6-8 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Drain the water and then dry.
- Preheat the oven to the grill function.
- Place a tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- When the oil is hot, add the onion.
- Season with salt and pepper and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped asparagus and boiled potatoes and sauté for another 2-3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs.
- Add salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese.
- Pour the egg mixture on top of the vegetables.
- Sprinkle the goat cheese and basil over the egg mixture.
- Let the frittata cook undisturbed for 7-10 minutes until the eggs are set.
- Place the frittata in the oven about 13 to 17 cm from the heat and broil until the eggs are puffed and set and the cheese is golden, about 2-3 minutes.
- Serve hot, warm or at room temperature.
- Leftovers can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Also try our great recipes for fluffy egg omelets . Quick and healthy breakfast, lunch and dinner!
Boiled potatoes with butter, bacon and onions
Delicious potatoes in butter sauce with bacon and onions are the perfect side dish that you will love! Garnish them with fresh dill and spring onions and success is guaranteed.
- 2 kg of early potatoes
- 340 g of bacon
- 1 diced onion
- 110 g of butter
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- fresh dill, spring onion and sour cream to serve
- Place the potatoes in a large pot and fill it halfway with water.
- Bring to a boil and cook the potatoes until soft (10-20 minutes).
- Meanwhile, cut the bacon into strips.
- In a large skillet, sauté bacon and onion with 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat until browned (5-8 minutes).
- Turn off the heat and add the remaining butter to melt.
- Set aside.
- Once the potatoes are soft, drain them and add the bacon and onion butter sauce.
- Add all the spices as well.
- Mix well.
- Garnish with fresh dill and spring onion.
- Serve with sour cream.
We also have another 10 perfect recipes with potatoes for you, which you must not miss! Which one will you try first?
Boiled potato pancakes
From boiled potatoes, you can prepare such a delicacy as patties that are crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside. They are easy to prepare, you don’t need flour and the whole family will enjoy them.
- 350 g peeled potatoes
- spoon of butter
- 1 egg
- salt pepper
- frying oil
- Cut the potatoes, put them in hot salted water and cook until soft.
- Mix the potatoes with the butter and leave to cool.
- Mix the cooled potatoes with the egg, marjoram and add salt.
- Form patties from the dough and fry them in oil until golden.
You may also find our reviews of Tescoma pans useful. Who won in our comparison?
Why not make a potato cake too? It’s a delicacy and you only need a few ingredients to make it!
- 200 g of powdered sugar
- 250 g of potatoes
- 80 g ground walnuts
- 80 g baby semolina
- 1/2 package of baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- Boil the potatoes with the skin on until soft and squeeze them through a sieve while they are still warm.
- Wipe three yolks with sugar, add mashed potatoes, semolina and lemon juice.
- Mix and let stand for about 10 minutes to allow the semolina to swell.
- Then mix in the nuts and baking powder.
- Mix the snow from the three egg whites and carefully fold into the dough.
- Put the dough in a greased and floured cake pan and bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 60 minutes.
- After baking, leave the cake to cool in the mold and only then turn it out.
Discover similar tips
Did you know that boiled potatoes can also be used to make a luxurious spread? Try our recipe for a unique snack or light dinner.
- 4 floury potatoes
- 100 g sour cream
- 3 spoons of whipping cream
- black pepper (freshly ground)
- 1 onion
- 4 slices of bread
- Wash and boil the potatoes until soft, drain, peel and grate coarsely.
- Mix the whipping cream and sour cream with the potatoes.
- Season the mixture with salt and pepper.
- Shortly before serving, peel the onion, chop it finely and mix it into the mixture.
- Finally, season to taste.
- Spread on bread and serve garnished with chives.
Greek style boiled potatoes
Luxuriously prepared potatoes packed with fresh Mediterranean flavor! They are the perfect side dish for a family dinner. Feta, garlic, lemon and fresh herbs take new potatoes to a whole new level!
- 1 kg of early potatoes, halved
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, pressed
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Put the potatoes in a large pot and cover them with cold water by about a centimeter.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, add 2 teaspoons salt, reduce heat, and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 5 to 8 minutes, depending on their size.
- Meanwhile, combine feta, garlic, parsley, lemon zest, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, and olive oil in a large bowl.
- Drain the potatoes and add to the bowl with the feta.
- Stir, season and serve.
Maybe you will also appreciate our 6 best recipes for dishes from Greece ! Prepare them easily at home.
Potato strudel with poppy seeds and plums
Strudels, if you will, strudels, in their myriad forms, are one of the most rewarding baked goods. Try a less traditional potato dough recipe that goes well with your afternoon coffee.
For the dough:
- 180 g of boiled potatoes
- 1 egg
- 80 g of melted butter
- 100 g of sugar
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 baking powder
- 220 g semi-coarse flour
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- 1 egg for brushing
For the filling:
- 200 g of plums
- 150 g of ground poppy seeds
- 200 ml of milk
- 2-3 tablespoons of butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 vanilla sugar
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon of raisins soaked in rum
- powdered sugar to taste
- First, prepare the poppy seed filling.
- Bring the milk to a boil in a pot, add poppy seeds, vanilla and powdered sugar to taste (you can sweeten later), cinnamon and cook slowly, stirring constantly, until a thick slurry forms.
- Gradually mix butter, lemon zest and raisins (with rum) into this mixture and leave to cool.
- Wash, split and pit the plums.
- Next comes the preparation of the dough.
- Finely grate or mash the potatoes and mix in the eggs, butter, sugar and lemon zest.
- Then sprinkle flour with baking powder and quickly work out an elastic dough.
- Add a few tablespoons of milk as needed.
- Immediately roll out (choose the size of the individual wraps as needed), spread with the poppy seed filling, cover with plums (if they are not too sweet, add sugar) and wrap.
- Brush with beaten egg and bake in an oven heated to 180°C for about 35 minutes.
Boiled potato dumplings
Potato dumplings, like buns, are the absolute basis of Czech cuisine. That’s why we have a detailed recipe for you to prepare the best homemade potato dumplings from boiled potatoes, all from scratch.
- 600 g of boiled potatoes
- 200 g of baby semolina
- 60 g of solamyl
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 60 g coarse flour
- ¼ packet of baking powder
- Grate the boiled potatoes immediately, add salt and semolina, flour, solamyl and baking powder to them.
- Then combine the dough with egg and yolk.
- Work the dough well and form it into three oblong dumplings.
- Let the kettles cook in boiling water for 25 minutes.
- Immediately after dropping them into the boiling water, scoop www.cooklikeczechs.com the dumplings with a wooden spoon so they don’t stick to the bottom.
- Boiled dumplings must be cut with a thread, they stick to the knife.
We also have the best recipes for stuffed potato dumplings for you. Try traditional and non-traditional fillings!
How to cook potatoes like a pro?
- Put the peeled and, if necessary, chopped potatoes into boiling water, add salt and cumin and cook them until soft.
- You can test whether the potatoes are cooked enough in the middle by sticking them on a fork and if they slide down smoothly, they are cooked enough.
- It cooks faster in a pressure cooker.
- We turn it off in time and let the potatoes cook.
- Instead of water, we can cook potatoes in vegetable or meat broth.
- They can also be cooked in milk, which is a treatment especially suitable for older and less tasty potatoes, which are improved in this way.
- Potatoes can also be steamed.
- Pour melted butter over the still warm potatoes and sprinkle with chopped chives.
Potatoes are ideal for flavoring with fresh or dried herbs. We can add chives, basil, oregano, dill and parsley to boiled and stewed potatoes.
Celery stalks are also excellent for taste and smell. Just before finishing or in the finished potatoes, if possible, we always add chopped chives or parsley.
We have also prepared a comprehensive article about potatoes for you. Do you know which potatoes are best for preparing a salad and which are best for dumplings? Is it better to eat them with or without the skin? Is it true that sweet potatoes are healthier?
Let’s find the answers to these questions together.
And how did you like our recipes? Write to us in the comments!