You must not miss these recipes for cabbage meatballs with minced meat.
They are soft, fluffy and absolutely perfect.
They melt on your tongue.
Enjoy with us!
Cabbage meatballs with minced meat baked in the oven
This is a recipe that comes from Russia or Germany. Cabbage meatballs are very popular and popular. This variant is even more special because it is wrapped in puff pastry and the patties look like hamburgers. But if you want to taste a classic hamburger full of meat , then take a look at our recipes.
What will we need
- 500 g of yeast dough
- 2.5 kg of ground beef
- 60 ml cup of water
- 1 large cabbage (chopped)
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves of garlic (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Divide the dough into 6 parts and roll them into balls. Set aside.
- Crumble the ground beef into a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook and stir until evenly browned. Drain the fat.
- Add water, cabbage, onion and garlic.
- Cook over medium-low heat, stirring as needed, until the cabbage is tender.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain off excess liquid and set aside.
- Shape the dough into a square and place about 180 g of the cabbage mixture in the center.
- Close the dough over the mixture.
- Place it on the baking sheet seam side down.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes in the preheated oven until golden.
- Remove the cabbage meatballs with minced meat from the oven and brush with melted butter.
You can prepare yeast dough according to our recipes.
Cabbage meatballs made from ground beef
These patties made of cabbage and minced meat will definitely not disappoint you with their taste. As soon as you bite into them, you will know how soft and supple they can be. Try stuffed cabbage leaves with minced meat or bulgur, check out our website for other options you can enjoy.
What will we need
- 500 g of ground beef
- 1 egg
- 60 ml of heavy cream
- 30 g feta
- 210 g chopped cabbage
- 85 g of butter
- 1 tablespoon of tomato puree
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 15 g of parsley
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the beef, egg, and feta cheese.
- Add half the salt, half the black pepper and half the parsley to the mixture.
- Chop the cabbage.
- Heat 2/3 of the butter in a non-stick pan.
- Cook the cabbage in butter for 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Then we set it aside and let it cool. Finally, add it to the meat mixture.
- Mix all the ingredients thoroughly with your hands and form several patties.
- Heat the remaining butter and olive oil in a non-stick pan.
- Cook the burgers at medium heat for 6 minutes, then turn them over and cook for another 6 minutes on the other side.
- Mix the thick cream with the tomato puree, the remaining parsley, black pepper and salt.
- For the last 2-3 minutes of cooking, add the cream to the pan with the cabbage meatballs.
Discover similar tips
Hamburger with a meatball made of minced meat and cabbage
You’re in for a real treat in this Asian-inspired dish. The meal is complemented by a unique potato salad flavored with seaweed. Instead of potato salad, you can also serve crispy homemade croquettes , as you will learn about them in our recipes.
What will we need
- 300 g of minced pork
- 2 hamburger buns
- 340 g of potatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 spoons of soy sauce
- 3 cm piece of ginger
- 1 teaspoon of seaweed
- 2 spoons of mayonnaise
- 1 spoon of ketchup
- 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar
- 1 spoon of sugar
- 250 g of cabbage
- Cut the potatoes into medium cubes. Trim the cabbage and discard the core, cut the leaves into thin slices. Peel and finely chop the ginger. Peel and finely chop the garlic. Cut the buns in half.
- Add the diced potatoes to a pot of boiling water. Cook for 14 to 16 minutes until tender. Drain thoroughly and return to pot.
- Add mayonnaise, ketchup, seaweed and half the vinegar, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Mix everything and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large bowl, combine the chopped cabbage, sugar, remaining vinegar, half of the chopped ginger and a drizzle of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Leave to marinate for at least 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While marinating, combine pork, minced garlic, and remaining chopped ginger in a large bowl. Finally, add the cabbage. Stir gently to combine.
- Shape the mixture into two patties with your hands.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add cabbage meatballs and cover loosely with foil; cook 4 to 5 minutes per side until browned and cooked through.
- Add the buns cut side down to the pan.
- Broil over medium-high heat, 30 seconds to 1 minute, until lightly browned.
- Assemble burgers and serve with potato salad.
In this recipe for cabbage meatballs with minced meat, you cannot do without a non-stick frying pan. Check out the best grill pans that we have reviewed for you on our website.
Meatballs with cabbage and minced pork
Such excellent cabbage meatballs are served in Japan and they are really luxurious! Let yourself be carried away by unusual flavor combinations that will enchant you. Another Japanese delicacy is sushi , we have our own recipes for that as well, which you can prepare in the comfort of your home.
What will we need
- 250 g of ground pork
- 2 spoons of soy sauce
- 225 g of flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 185 ml of chicken stock
- 1/2 head of cabbage (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 75 g of mayonnaise
- 75 g of Sriracha mayonnaise
- 1 carrot (peeled, cut into long sticks)
- 2 spring onions (thinly sliced)
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over high heat.
- Cook the mince, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, for 5 minutes or until it changes color.
- Add soy sauce. Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Transfer to an ovenproof dish.
- Mix the flour and eggs in a large bowl. Add the chicken stock and stir until smooth. Add the minced meat and half the cabbage. Season to taste.
- Spray the pan with cooking spray.
- Pour a quarter of the batter into the pan and cook for 2 minutes or until bubbles appear on the surface.
- Turn the patty over and brush with some Worcestershire sauce. Cook for 1 minute until cooked through.
- Transfer the pancake to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Drizzle mayonnaise and Sriracha sauce over cabbage meatballs.
- Top with carrots, spring onions and remaining cabbage.
Is cabbage healthy?
The popularity of cabbage in our country has skyrocketed over the last four to five years. It is available not only at farmers markets but also in grocery stores. You can buy it in bundles or pre-rinsed and cut in bags.
Like other leafy greens, cabbage is high in antioxidants. These include beta-carotene and vitamin C, as well as various flavonoids and polyphenols.
Vitamin C is an important water-soluble antioxidant that performs many vital functions in the cells of the body. For example, it is necessary for the synthesis of collagen.
Certain substances in cabbage can bind bile acids in the digestive system and prevent their reabsorption. This reduces the total amount of cholesterol in the body.
Vitamin K is an important nutrient and is absolutely essential for blood clotting.
Where to use cabbage?
Cabbage holds its texture well when cooked and can be stewed, fried, roasted or eaten raw. You can make smoothies, kale chips, add it to soup, mash it with potatoes or make pesto out of it.
How to choose the best cabbage? Avoid wilted or browning leaves. Leaves and stems should be dark green with small to medium sized leaves without any yellowing.