Do you want to prepare something light and dietetic, but you are running out of ideas?
Then try our recipes for cabbage rolls in several different variations.
How about rolls with rice, turkey or even shrimp?
The choice is yours.
Enjoy your meal!
Baked cabbage rolls filled with rice and sausage
Delicious baked cabbage rolls filled with rice and Italian sausage are a great dinner or a nice appetizer that you will enjoy even if you are not a cabbage fan.
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 230 g of Italian sausage
- 3/4 cup cooked rice
- 2 bundles of cabbage leaves
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat and sauté the garlic, onion, and 1/4 teaspoon salt until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked rice and 1/4 teaspoon salt to the mixture.
- Mix well to combine.
- Set the pan aside.
- Meanwhile, fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil.
- Fill a large bowl with ice water.
- Blanch the cabbage in batches.
- Blanch a portion of the cabbage leaves for 1 ½ minutes, then immediately place them in ice water to cool, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Continue this process until all the cabbage is blanched and cooled.
- Fold each cabbage leaf in half with the stem facing out.
- Turn the leaf so that the thick stem is facing you.
- Cut the leaf with a knife from its base to a part about 5 cm from the end.
- Separate the leaf from the stem.
- You should be left with a large sheet with the V-shaped piece missing.
- Place a small spoonful of rice and sausages on the bottom of the leaf (at the base of the letter “V”).
- Roll the leaf over the mixture, fold the sides of the leaf over the sides of the leaf and adjust the roll so that the mixture is completely covered by the cabbage leaf.
- Place the stuffed cabbage rolls, seam side down, in an ovenproof baking dish.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Also try our recipes for cabbage meatballs ! They are relatively quick to prepare, healthy and tasty. We have prepared several variants for you to choose from. In the article, you will find both meat and non-meat options.
Cabbage rolls filled with bulgur
Enjoy a healthy combination of vegetables and grains in this delicious recipe. It is a perfect experience to eat these rolls with your hands and dip them in the delicious tzatziki dip. Enjoy it!
- ½ cup bulgur
- 4 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- ¼ cup finely chopped red pepper
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 small tomato, grated
- 2 tablespoons of tomato puree
- juice of half a lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon + extra sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sweet paprika
- ½ teaspoon of dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon + extra dried dill
- 10 – 15 leaves of black cabbage (about 1-2 bunches)
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 clove of garlic, pressed
- 1/4 cucumber, grated
- Add 2 tablespoons olive oil, onion, and red pepper to a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add 1 tablespoon of tomato puree, stir and cook for another minute.
- Add the bulgur and cook for another minute.
- Add 1 cup of water and mix.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat.
- Season with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Cover and cook for 10-15 minutes, or until the water is absorbed and the bulgur is cooked.
- Set aside to cool.
- In a separate pot, bring the water to a boil and add the cabbage and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Cabbage and sun-dried tomatoes will soften.
- Remove from heat and drain.
- Rinse with cold water.
- When the bulgur mixture has cooled, stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon tomato paste, lemon juice, chopped spring onion, 1 chopped garlic clove, dill, oregano, basil, and tomatoes.
- Finely chop the cooked sun-dried tomatoes and add them to the bulgur.
- Stir the bulgur mixture until everything is evenly combined.
- Taste and add more salt if necessary.
- Spread each cabbage leaf so that its inner edge is facing up.
- Take 1-2 tablespoons of the bulgur mixture and place it on the bottom end of a long cabbage leaf.
- Roll the sheet over the mixture to form a roll.
- Fold the sides of the roll inward and roll until you reach the end.
- Continue with the remaining leaves.
- For the yogurt sauce, mix the yogurt, cucumber, the remaining 1 chopped clove of garlic, a little salt and dill, and 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- Serve with cabbage rolls.
Discover similar tips
Cabbage rolls with minced meat and tomato sauce
Cabbage combined with ground beef, rice and several types of cheese is absolutely divine! And if you add homemade tomato sauce with fresh thyme, you suddenly have a great weekend lunch on the table that everyone will love.
For the rolls:
- 230 g of ground beef
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- 1 teaspoon of pressed garlic
- oil for frying
- 2 cups parboiled rice
- 1/2 cup ricotta or soft cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan
- salt and pepper to taste
- 10 large cabbage leaves, blanched for 2-3 minutes in boiling water
- 2 cups homemade tomato sauce (see recipe below)
For the tomato sauce:
- 2 medium tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 4 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon of dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of dried garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried onion
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil and in the meantime prepare the tomato sauce.
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a high speed blender.
- Taste and season to taste (more lemon, olive oil, spices…).
- Heat the oil in a medium pan and sauté the onion for 4 minutes, add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add ground beef and sauté until cooked through.
- Remove from stove and drain excess oil.
- Add the cabbage leaves to the boiling water and blanch for about 4 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 cup cooked rice, cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Mix the meat/onion/garlic mixture with the rice/cheese mixture.
- Take a baking dish and spread the remaining rice on the bottom of the dish.
- Take a cabbage leaf, cut out the tough part of the vein and add the meat and rice mixture.
- Roll up and align the rolls next to each other.
- The amount you add to the sheet will vary depending on the size of the sheet and the number of sheets you are working with.
- Pour 2 cups of tomato sauce over the rolls and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve.
Cabbage soup recipes can be vegetarian, vegan, or with meat or sausage.
We will show you the best of them in all variants and everyone will choose a repair. Get inspired and try something new!
Try these luxurious rolls made of black cabbage leaves filled with shrimp, vegetables, noodles and a delicious dressing. A brilliant appetizer or party treat!
- 60 g of dry mung bean starch hair noodles
- ½ cup frozen shelled edamame soybeans
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon of toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon of soy sauce
- ¾ cup grated carrots
- 4 radishes, halved and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped spring onions
- 340 g cooked prawns, halved lengthwise
- 12 large leaves of black cabbage
- In a large bowl, combine the noodles and enough boiling water to submerge them.
- Let stand for 7 minutes.
- Cut the noodles in several places with scissors.
- Stir in the frozen edamame beans and let sit for another 3 minutes.
- Rinse with cold water and return to bowl.
- For the dressing, mix the lime juice, hoisin sauce, grated ginger, chopped mint leaves, toasted sesame oil and soy sauce in a bowl.
- Add carrots, radishes and spring onions to the noodles and edamame.
- Stir in the dressing.
- Add the shrimp and toss lightly.
- Cover and let cool for at least 30 minutes.
- Spoon about ¼ cup of the mixture into each cabbage leaf and roll up.
Italian cabbage rolls with turkey meat
Seasoned ground turkey wrapped in black cabbage leaves is a great way to combine nutrient-dense vegetables with protein that’s enhanced with Italian seasoning. Blanch, roll and cook!
- 6-7 large leaves of black cabbage
- 500 g of ground turkey meat
- 2 teaspoons of dried oregano
- 2 and 1/2 teaspoons of dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried garlic
- 1 teaspoon of dried onion
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice + more as needed
- Cut off the thick stem from about 6-7 large black cabbage leaves, leaving the top half intact.
- Bring water to a boil in a large pot, then one at a time, submerge each cabbage leaf in the water for 10-12 seconds, then quickly transfer to a bowl of ice water (soak for another 10-12 seconds).
- Place each leaf on a large towel and dry.
- Mix the dried herbs with the ground turkey, scoop about 1/4 to 1/3 cup of the turkey mixture and place near the top of the cabbage leaf.
- Fold the sheet around the top of the filling, then slowly twist the sheet around the filling, tucking in the sides and rolling up tightly.
- Once your rolls are ready, heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and place the rolls in the pan.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook for four minutes.
- Then remove the lid, use kitchen tongs to gently turn the rolls and reduce the heat to medium/low.
- Cook for another 8 minutes.
- Pour the lemon juice over the rolls and then remove from the pan.
- Serve immediately or let cool.
- When ready to serve, cut the rolls into thirds or quarters with a sharp knife.
- Add a little more lemon juice if you like.
We also have the best recipes for cabbage delicacies for you, or what else can be prepared from this healthy vegetable. Try them all!
And how did you like the cabbage rolls? Write to us in the comments!