Fresh fruit is not used much when baking Christmas pastries.
Candied fruit is an option to add a bit of color and fruit flavor to sweets.
Try our candied fruit cookie recipes!
It is prepared very quickly and its taste is in many ways different from the classic types.
Which of the variants will you try first?
Unbaked cookies with candied fruit
A simple Christmas cookie in the shape of balls, which is full of various flavors.
- 3/4 cup candied fruit
- 2 cups crushed ginger cookies
- 6 tablespoons of honey
- 4 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons of rum
- 3/4 cup melted white chocolate
- Pour rum over the candied fruit and let it soak for at least an hour.
- Crush ginger cookies and mix them with honey, peanut butter and candied fruit.
- Mix until everything is combined.
- The mixture should hold together when pressed, but not too wet or sticky. If the mixture is too dry, add a little more honey.
- Use your hands to form balls about three centimeters in diameter.
- Place the balls on a baking sheet lined with baking paper and drizzle with melted white chocolate.
No-bake cookies are quick, easy and delicious. Try our other raw Christmas pastries !
Chocolate Christmas cookies with candied orange peel
Candied orange peel is very popular especially in English-speaking countries. Try using it when baking too!
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup candied orange peel
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 170°C.
- In a large bowl, use a hand mixer to combine the flour, baking soda, brown sugar, cocoa, butter, eggs, honey, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Then mix in the oatmeal with three-quarters of a cup of candied orange peel and chocolate chips.
- Using a small ladle or tablespoon, make mounds of dough and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place a few pieces of the remaining candied orange on top of each scoop.
- Bake for approximately 14 minutes.
Oatmeal is one way to make candy healthier. You can use them not only in recipes for sweets with candied fruit. Try oat Christmas cookies !
Quick sweets made from candied fruit, nuts and almonds
The mixture of various ingredients makes this candy a very interesting gourmet experience. Try it out!
- 2 and 1/2 cups chopped dried pitted dates
- 1/2 cup chopped candied cherries and pineapple
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 and 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, beat the butter with the sugar until foamy.
- Stir in the eggs.
- In another bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon and gradually add their mixture to the cream mixture.
- Mix well.
- Stir in chopped candied fruit, dates, almonds and nuts.
- Use a tablespoon to form scoops and place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 180°C for approximately 8-10 minutes.
Almond candy is very soft and delicious. Get inspired when baking it with our various variants!
Discover similar tips
Christmas cookies with a mixture of candied fruits
This Christmas pastry tastes great with tea and coffee. Make the Christmas atmosphere more pleasant with its help!
- 3 cups plain flour
- 1 and 1/2 cups candied fruit mixture
- 1 cup of butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl.
- Beat the butter and powdered sugar with a mixer until foamy.
- Stir in the egg and vanilla.
- Reduce speed to low and add flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Once the flour is incorporated, add the candied fruit as well.
- Divide the dough into two halves and shape into a rectangular block.
- Wrap in cling film and put in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Cut the dough crosswise into slices about half a centimeter thick.
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- Place the candy with candied fruit on a baking sheet and bake for approximately 12-14 minutes.
Honey gingerbread decorated with candied fruit
Do you think that gingerbread cookies must necessarily be decorated only with icing? This recipe will prove you wrong. Candy with candied fruit can be gingerbread.
- 350 g of honey
- 250 g plain flour
- 250 g ground almonds
- 100 g of sugar
- 100 grams of butter
- 1 egg
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon of ginger
- 50 whole peeled almonds
- 25 grams of candied orange
- 25 grams of candied lemon
- 25 grams of candied limes
- 25 grams of candied cherries
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 2 tbsp of water
- Heat the honey, sugar and butter over low heat, stirring constantly, until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Leave to cool. Add the egg, lemon zest and all the spices.
- Mix the flour and almonds with the honey mixture.
- Knead until the dough is firm.
- Wrap the dough in cling film and place in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Then roll out the dough with a rolling pin and cut out the desired shapes using cutters.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Place the gingerbread on a baking sheet and sprinkle with almonds and candied fruit.
- Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes depending on the size of the gingerbread.
- Spread a mixture of two spoons of honey and two spoons of water on the still warm candies with candied fruit.
You have a weakness for gingerbread! Check out the other diverse variants of honey gingerbread !
Christmas cupcakes with candied fruit and nuts
This recipe originally comes from the Hawaiian Islands, where it is a typical Christmas snack.
- 3 cups chopped walnuts, walnuts or hazelnuts
- 2 and 1/2 cups shredded coconut
- 1 and 1/4 cup candied pineapple
- 1 and 1/4 cup candied cherries
- 1 cup diced dates
- 1 and 1/2 cups sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat the oven to 150°C.
- Line small muffin tins with paper cups
- In a large bowl, combine chopped nuts, dates, candied fruit and dates.
- Stir in the condensed milk.
- Fill each cupcake with a spoonful of this mixture.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes until golden.
Candied fruit and Christmas baking
Candied fruit is actually fruit cut into pieces or the peel that is infused with sugar. This treatment was originally used as a way to allow fruit to be stored for longer periods of time without the risk of spoilage. On the one hand, fruit treated in this way does not really spoil, but on the other hand, it loses a relatively large amount of all health-promoting substances.
When it comes to the types of fruit that are most often processed in this way, they are mainly cherries, plums, pineapple and orange or lemon peel. In baking, it is most often used in the preparation of bishop’s bread. But our candied fruit cookie recipes are great proof that it’s not the only option.