Simple, yet a delicious way to enjoy a little cake! The fun happens when you pull apart the pieces of the cake with your guests and enjoy the warm, sugar topped and maple drizzle in each bite. A fun way to enjoy dessert!
- Prep Time : 15 minutes
- Cook Time : 20 minutes
- Yield : 8 - 10 servings
- Sour Dough Bread - 1 large loaf (round for pretty presentation)
- Butter - 1/2 cup (melted)
- Crazy for Carrot Eat Em Upcake - 2/3 cup (the upcake mix only)
- Your Favorite Sprinkles - 1/4 cup
- Cream Cheese - 2oz (soft)
- Milk - 2 - 3 Tablespoons
- Crazy for Carrot Eat em Upcake Frosting Mix - 1 frosting mix bag
- Brown Sugar - 1/4 cup
- Slice bread to make 1/2-1 inch sections slicing almost all the way to the bottom of the loaf. Be careful not to cut too far down. Use a serrated knife and cut on inch slices all the way down the width o the loaf. Use kitchen sheers to snip 1/2 - 1 inch sections on each row. Using the sheers helps to prevent the bread from tearing.
- Place loaf on cookie sheet.
- In a small bowl, empty the Do You Bake? Crazy for Carrot eat em Upcake batter mix into the bowl and blend well with a fork until fully combined. Add in the brown sugar, stir to evenly mix together and set aside.
- Evenly pour and distribute melted butter between each of the bread sections, making sure to get in-between each one. If you need more butter, simply melt as much more as needed.
- Evenly sprinkle and pour your cake mixture between each of the sections. Rub in to cover them if necessary. Be care not to tear any of the sections.
- Bake at 350 for about 25 minutes.
- Combine the Do You Bake? Crazy for Carrot Eat Em Upcake frosting mix, milk and cream cheese in a bowl. Beat until smooth.
- Once bread is removed from oven, drizzle your Maple frosting over the bread and top with your favorite sprinkles.
Using a sour dough bread gives a savory and slightly sour element to the cake that balances well with the sweet elements.