Celery patties, meatballs, steaks and burgers are a great option when you are short on time.
We bring you tips for quick lunches.
Come and see what can be prepared from petiole and bulb celery.
Celery meatballs baked in the oven
These celery burgers or patties are meatless and flourless. They can therefore be enjoyed by vegetarians or those on a gluten-free diet. A huge advantage is that they are not fried, so their preparation is also healthy.
- 450 g of potatoes
- 320 g of celeriac
- 1 medium carrot
- 3 eggs
- 2 spoons of licorice
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 teaspoon of freshly ground pepper
- olive oil
- Peel the potatoes, celery, and carrots and grate them on a coarse grater.
- Mix everything together, add eggs, licorice, salt, black pepper and mix.
- With wet hands, shape into palm-sized burgers.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper and brush with olive oil.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 175°C for 20 minutes.
Tip: Have you ever tried a homemade grilled meat burger ? Whether you prepare it at home or in the garden, it will be delicious.
Stuffed celery pancakes with pork
Celery patties can also be made stuffed. Have you ever had them? Here, this recipe is unconventional, but it might interest you. And if you like meat, you will definitely enjoy it.
For the dough:
- 1 and ½ cups semi-coarse flour
- 1 and ½ cups plain flour
- ½ cup of boiling water
- 1 cup of water
For the filling:
- 280 g of minced pork
- 280 g of stalked celery
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- sesame oil
- spring onion
- Pour both flours into a bowl. Add boiling water in parts and mix.
- Then add room temperature water in parts and mix.
- Cover the kneaded dough with a lid and let it rest for 8-10 minutes.
- Cut the celery in half and cook in boiling water for 1 minute.
- Then drain it and put it in cold water to cool.
- Chop it into small pieces.
- Salt the minced meat, add sesame oil, soy sauce, a piece of grated ginger, chopped spring onion and chopped celery.
- Mix everything thoroughly.
- Divide the dough into 8 loaves on a floured surface.
- From each loaf, roll out a patty about ½ cm thick and fill with the meat and vegetable mixture.
- Wrap the pancake like a stuffed dumpling and press slightly.
- Put the baking pan on a warm dry pan and cover with a lid.
- Bake the pancake for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- The pancakes are ready when they start to puff up.
- Brush them with oil and you are ready to serve.
You can find the video recipe here:
Tip: How about using the rest of the celery to make a tasty and healthy celery stalk smoothie in 4 variants ?
Discover similar tips
Celery meatballs with cheese
Pancakes with celery, cheese and chicken have a balanced taste of meat and vegetables. Which side dish you choose is up to you.
- 2 stalks of celery stalks
- 1 small onion
- 450 g of ground chicken
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons of grated parmesan type cheese
- 1 teaspoon Wolcester sauce
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 3-4 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- Clean and grate the celery and onion.
- Add meat, egg, breadcrumbs, cheese, Wolceter sauce, salt, pepper and parsley to the celery and onion.
- Mix everything thoroughly.
- Shape the dough into meatballs.
- Fry them in vegetable oil on both sides until golden under the covered lid.
- Bake for about 10 minutes on each side.
Tip: Feel free to fry these patties with minimal or no fat. A Teflon-coated pan is perfect for this. Take a look at how Teflon pans turned out in our review .
Celery steak (vegan)
Celery chops are not made of meat, but they can be a nice change, don’t you think?
It’s quick and delicious. It is enough to come up with an adequate attachment and it is taken care of.
- 1 large celery bulb
- 3 spoons of mustard
- salt and pepper
- ground nutmeg
- ground paprika
- 150 g breadcrumbs
- 150 ml milk (for vegans, for example, soy milk)
- 100 g plain flour
- vegetable oil
- Peel the celery and cut it into circles about 1 cm wide.
- Cook the celery in boiling salted water for about 5 minutes until soft (but not too soft so it doesn’t fall apart).
- Drain the finished celery and let it cool. Brush each wheel with mustard, salt, pepper, sprinkle with paprika and nutmeg.
- Get your tri-coat ready.
- Put flour in one deep plate, milk in another and breadcrumbs in the third.
- Coat each piece in flour, milk and finally breadcrumbs.
- Fry until golden on both sides in vegetable oil.
- Drain on napkins and serve with any side dish.
As you can see, celery patties, schnitzels, meatballs and burgers can be made in different variations.
Whether they are meat or vegetable. Have you ever tried broccoli meatballs or zucchini meatballs ?