I think there is nothing better than a piece of meat that is full of its own juices. That’s exactly what these chicken supreme recipes are, full of juice and flavor.
Let yourself be carried away on the wave of cream sauce or delicious roasted vegetables from the oven.
There are countless ways to enjoy this amazing dish, so don’t hesitate and start today!
And you don’t know what this term means? Does not matter!
Look at the end of the article, and you will learn this information, together with a video demonstration of how everything should look and how it should be done correctly, for a perfect result!
Chicken supreme in butter
This classic recipe for baked butter chicken breast will charm you with its simplicity and will work great both as a dinner for the family and a feast for friends. The delicious roasted meat is served with baked or boiled potatoes in butter and a vegetable salad.
What will we need
- 50 g of butter
- A teaspoon of olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts (boneless, with skin)
- 50 g bacon (roughly chopped)
- 2 small onions (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 100 ml of dry white wine
- 300 ml heavy cream
- black pepper
- Melt the butter and oil in a large pan over medium heat
- Season the whole chicken and fry it on both sides in melted butter
- Remove the chicken pieces from the pan and set aside
- Add the bacon and onion to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes until the onion is soft and translucent
- Then stir in the garlic and cook for another 5 minutes
- Pour the wine over the mixture in the pot and let it bubble for about a minute, then stir in the cream
- Return the chicken to the pan, skin side down
- Cover the pan and cook for 10 minutes
- After 10 minutes, turn the chicken over, half-cover the pan and continue cooking for another 5-10 minutes, until the breasts are cooked through and the sauce has reduced to the consistency of thick cream
- Taste the sauce, season and serve
Avoid the arc of classic mashed potatoes and prepare one of these delicious treats from new potatoes ! Prepare them as a perfect salad with shallot dressing or as baked chips with parmesan, the choice is yours!
Chicken breast supreme with summer vegetables
Lighten up your diet and prepare this tasty recipe with chicken and roasted vegetables in the oven! There is nothing better than feeling refreshed and full of energy after a hearty lunch!
What will we need
For the salad
- 12 baby carrots
- 8 young turnips
- 4 baby yellow beets
- 4 baby beets
- Small bunch of rosemary
- ½ small bunch of thyme
- Bunch of parsley
On the chicken
- 4 chicken breasts (boneless with skin)
- Ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons of sesame oil
- 4 crushed garlic cloves
- ½ remaining half of thyme bunch
- 75 g of butter
- 2 shallots (thinly sliced)
- 90 ml brandy (or we can substitute a little apple juice)
- 200 ml of beef broth
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees
- Let the chicken supreme come to room temperature
- Season it well with salt and pepper
- Wash and dry all the vegetables thoroughly
- Make a bed of rosemary, thyme and parsley in the baking dish
- Place the vegetables on top
- Season all the vegetables with salt
- Close the top of the baking dish tightly with aluminum foil (shiny side up)
- Put the baking dish with the vegetables in the oven and let it bake for 30-40 minutes until it is soft
- We check it during baking
- In the meantime, prepare the chicken breasts
- Place a large pan on the stove, turn it on to high heat and add sesame oil
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the garlic and thyme
- Then put the chicken breasts in the pan, skin side down
- Cook the chicken for about 4 minutes until the skin loosens and browns around the edges
- Turn the chicken over and add 6 tablespoons of butter
- When the butter has melted, carefully spoon it continuously for about 3 minutes and baste the chicken and skin until golden
- Turn the chicken back, skin side down, and transfer the pan to the oven for about 10 minutes, until golden brown and juices run clear
- Remove the chicken breast from the oven and transfer it to a plate to rest for a while
- Pour the excess fat from the pan into a small bowl
- Place the pan back on the stove over medium heat
- Add the shallot and the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter
- Transfer the garlic and thyme back to the pan
- Continue cooking for about 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until the shallots caramelize
- Reduce the heat and carefully pour brandy or apple juice into the pan
- Add the broth, mix and season with salt and pepper
- Let the sauce boil for a few minutes and then pass it through a sieve into a small pot
- Push the shallot and garlic through a colander into the pot
- Return the sauce to the stove and cook for about 5 minutes until reduced
- Halve the baked vegetables and spread them on plates, add the chicken supreme and pour the sauce over
Chicken breast with mushrooms and tarragon sauce
The creamy tarragon sauce goes perfectly with the juicy chicken supreme with forest mushrooms recipe.
What will we need
- Olive oil (for frying)
- 6 chicken breasts supreme
- 3 shallots (sliced)
- 3 cloves garlic (sliced)
- 500 ml of chicken stock
- 200 ml of dry white wine
- 150 ml heavy cream
- 250 g wild mushrooms (large ones cut in half)
- A few sprigs of fresh tarragon (leaves removed)
- A teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over high heat
- Add the chicken breasts
- Bake the chicken skin side down for 3-5 minutes until golden
- Put the pan aside and place the chicken in the baking dish, skin side up, and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until cooked through
- Then take it out of the oven and let the supreme chicken pieces rest for at least 5 minutes
- Add butter to a clean pan and turn the stove on to the lowest temperature
- Add shallot and garlic and cook for about 7 minutes
- Add chicken broth and white wine
- Increase the temperature and cook for 15-20 minutes until the alcohol evaporates
- Add the cream and let it bubble for another 3 minutes
- Meanwhile, heat the butter and a little oil in a frying pan over high heat
- When the butter starts foaming, add the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-8 minutes until dark golden
- Add tarragon, mustard and lemon juice to the sauce
- Then taste and season
- Add the juice released from the baked breast to the sauce and mix
- Pour over the chicken supreme sauce and serve
Discover similar tips
Grilled chicken supreme with caramelized shallots
Drizzled over our grilled turkey breast, this sauce is so good you could eat it by itself with just a spoon. Saute shallots and garlic in a pan, then pour white wine into the pan, add chicken stock and cream and cook everything into a thick and creamy sauce!
What will we need
- 4 chicken supreme breasts (with skin and bone)
- 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ lemon (cut into four pieces)
- 3 large sprigs fresh thyme (stems left on)
- 200 g shallots (sliced)
- A spoonful of garlic (pressed)
- 100 ml of white wine
- 500 ml of chicken stock
- 250 ml of heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons of cold butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- If we take the chicken breasts out of the fridge, let them warm up to room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Heat three tablespoons of oil in a very large oven-safe pan over medium-high heat
- Season the chicken supreme with salt and pepper
- Once the oil is hot, add four chicken supremes skin side down and fry for about 4-5 minutes on each side until golden
- Turn the breast skin side up and add pieces of lemon, fresh thyme and 50 ml of chicken stock
- Cover the pan and put it in the oven
- Bake for 10-20 minutes depending on how high the breasts are
- The internal temperature of the breast should be around 70 degrees for ideal baking
- Remove the breasts to a plate and loosely cover them with cling film
- Throw away the lemon
- Pour the contents of the pan into a bowl and set aside
- Place the pan back on the stove and add the last tablespoon of oil and turn the heat down to medium
- Once heated, add the shallot and garlic and cook for about five minutes until the shallot begins to brown slightly
- Add the white wine and cook for about a minute to evaporate the liquid
- Add the chicken stock and the contents of the bowl and cook for about 5-10 minutes to reduce the mixture by half to a thick sauce
- Add the cream and cook again for about five minutes so that the sauce is slightly thick
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the cold butter, then pour the mixture through a colander to remove all the solid ingredients
- Stir the parsley into the sauce and serve with the chicken breast
Supreme chicken breast in a creamy sauce with rice
This is the best recipe for baked chicken breast in a creamy bacon sauce with onions, garlic, sweet peas and mushrooms. We can’t put it in the “healthy food” column, but it’s definitely worth the calories! A perfect dish served over fluffy basmati rice!
What will we need
- 2 tablespoons of rapeseed or olive oil
- 300 g chicken breast with skin (cut into cubes)
- 3 slices of smoked bacon
- 2 medium onions (finely chopped)
- 3 large garlic cloves (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons plain flour
- Chicken stock cube (dissolved in 300 ml boiling water)
- 100 ml milk (full-fat or semi-fat)
- 200 ml of cooking cream
- 8 mushrooms (thinly sliced)
- 150 g of frozen peas
- Parsley (finely chopped)
- black pepper
- Basmati rice (to serve)
- Heat a teaspoon of oil in a large pan over medium heat
- Add the bacon and fry it for a few minutes until it starts to crisp and release some fat
- Then add the onions to the pan and cook for 5-10 minutes until they start to soften and become translucent
- Finally, add the garlic and cook for another minute or two
- Remove the bacon, onion and garlic from the pan and set aside for now
- Increase the temperature a little and add the remaining oil to the pan
- Once it’s hot, start skin-side down for a few minutes, frying the chicken pieces until they’re completely coated and starting to brown
- Return the bacon, onion and garlic to the pan and stir in 3 tablespoons of flour until everything is coated
- Add the milk slowly and a little at a time
- Mix well with each addition
- Then we do the same with the chicken stock
- Next, add chopped mushrooms and peas to the pan
- Cook the sauce for 5-10 minutes until it starts to thicken
- Finally, stir in the cream and heat
- Then add chopped parsley and season generously with freshly ground black pepper.
- Supreme chicken pieces are served with fluffy basmati rice, stewed vegetables or crusty bread
How to properly prepare chicken supreme?
What is chicken supreme?
Chicken is a great ingredient that can be prepared in countless ways (check out our chicken recipes and gather inspiration for your next cooking).
Simple dishes combined with the delicate essence of thyme, rosemary and parsley or a sauce made from roasted root vegetables are cooked on their own and even easier to eat afterwards.
So what is Chicken Breast Supreme?
Many chicken dishes are titled “chicken supreme” these days, from dishes that are served in prestigious restaurants to classic homemade chicken recipes that use cream sauce or mushroom cream sauce as the main ingredient in the recipe.
In reality, though, chicken supreme in traditional French cuisine refers to a specific piece of chicken—specifically, a boneless, skinless chicken breast.
But in many recipes (including ours), the skin is left on the meat for a more crispy dish. The crispy, browned skin adds a distinct flavor to the chicken while retaining its juices, resulting in a more tender, tastier meat.
What is Supreme Sauce?
Supreme sauce is a classic sauce of French cuisine.
Supreme sauce is traditionally made from roux (a mixture of butter and flour) and meat stock – in this case, chicken stock.
The sauce is reduced with heavy cream, strained through a fine sieve or strainer and often flavored with lemon juice.