Christmas, Easter, birthday parties or just afternoon coffee, cinnamon cookie recipes are perfect for all these situations.
Do not hesitate to try our collected recipes that will caress your taste buds and put a smile on your lips.
Surprise your loved ones and prepare them these great delicacies whenever you can think of.
You will find that one dose will never be enough, no matter which formula you choose.
Cinnamon Christmas cookies
If you love cinnamon, which is typical for Christmas, then you will certainly welcome this delicacy. The candy melts on the tongue and is beautifully soft. And for those who really adore this spice and can use it in everything, there are churros recipes to try, which are definitely worth trying.
- 2 egg whites
- ⅛ teaspoon of powdered tartaric acid
- 120 g of powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla paste
- 200 g almond flour + for sprinkling the roll
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 230 degrees and prepare two cookie sheets with baking paper.
- Beat the egg whites until foamy, add the tartar and continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- Whisking constantly, sift in the powdered sugar until well combined with the egg whites.
- Add the vanilla paste and beat until everything separates.
- Remove ¼ cup of the egg white mixture and set aside. We will use them as a topping later.
- Add almond flour, almond extract, cinnamon and salt to the mixing bowl. Then whisk until the dough comes together and is sticky.
- When the dough is too sticky, sprinkle more almond flour with powdered sugar. If it’s too sticky, add more nuts and powdered sugar.
- Sprinkle the surface with almond flour and roll out the dough to a thickness of approx. 0.4 cm.
- Cut out the stars and transfer them to a tray lined with baking paper.
- We also use scraps of dough and always connect in a ball, roll out and cut until everything is processed.
- Using a pastry brush, coat each individual piece of candy with the reserved egg white mixture in a thin layer.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 15-20 minutes. The frosting should remain almost white, with just a slight hint of brown.
- Let the cookies cool completely.
Tip: Are you planning a wedding reception and want something good for your teeth? Try the cinnamon snowball style Mexican wedding cookies.
Ingredients: 1 cup plain flour, 1 cup ground walnuts, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/2 cup softened unsalted butter, and 1/4 cup powdered sugar + extra for dusting.
How to do it: Preheat the oven to 175 degrees. Put the walleyes in a bowl, add flour and cinnamon and mix. Put butter, sugar and vanilla sugar in the bowl of a food processor and mix for 4 minutes. Gradually pour in the flour mixture in parts and mix until everything is combined.
Use a spoon or a mini ice cream scoop to remove pieces of dough and place them on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Bake for 15 minutes, and while still warm, roll in powdered sugar or just dust.
Discover similar tips
Glued cinnamon cookies
Anytime you bake any kind of candy, when two pieces stick together with a good filling, it’s worth it. You can glue with butter cream, spicy marmalade, or the popular Nutella. In this case, we will use the Latin American version of milk caramel Dulce de leche.
- 3 and 1/2 cups semi-coarse flour
- 1 heaping teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 and 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- 1 teaspoon of quality vanilla extract
- 1 can of milk caramel Dulce de leche
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees and prepare a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Mix the flour, cinnamon and baking powder in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, beat the butter and sugar using an electric hand mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, milk, vanilla extract and mix thoroughly again.
- Gradually start pouring the flour mixture into the butter mixture while stirring constantly.
- We put the dough in parts into the cookie press and press out the cookies in the shape we have at hand right on the baking sheet.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the candy has a golden hue.
- Take the finished cookies out of the oven and let them rest on the baking sheet for a few minutes.
- Then transfer to a kitchen rack to cool completely.
- Finally, spread one half with a teaspoon of dulce de leche and cover with the other half.
- If you want, you can drizzle with melted chocolate, but it’s not necessary.
Tip: How to make cinnamon cookies for the tree?
These sweet cinnamon flavored cookies contain coconut sugar and a little powdered sugar. To hang on the tree, it is best to use red and green ribbon threaded through so that they can be hung on the tree. And when the Christmas lights are still flashing behind them, it looks really beautiful.
What we need: 3/4 cup buckwheat flour, 1/2 cup ice-cold butter cut into cubes, 1/4 cup coconut sugar, 1 teaspoon powdered sugar and 2 teaspoons coconut sugar.
How to do it: Preheat the oven to 190°. Add all the ingredients to a large bowl and process thoroughly to create a mixture that looks like crumbs. The hands warm up the butter and the mixture turns into a smooth dough through gradual processing.
We shape it into a ball, put it on a floured work surface, roll it out into a 0.5 cm sheet and cut out cookies of different shapes. Use a straw on each cookie to make a hole for the curtain. Place on a tray lined with baking paper and bake for approx. 8 minutes until golden.
Let cool completely. If you want, you can decorate them with icing, but they are still beautiful without anything. We thread a ribbon into each cookie and can hang it on the Christmas tree.
When you think of cinnamon, everyone usually thinks of ground in a bag that you can buy in a regular supermarket. But only true cinnamon from Sri Lanka offers the highest quality in the world.
It has the most amazing aroma and an unmistakable, completely distinctive taste. It is perfectly smooth, just the right amount of sweet and balanced. It should be noted that it is quite expensive, but the investment is definitely worth it.
True cinnamon is characterized by its light brown color, fragility and delicate taste, which has a slight hint of lemon in combination with tropical fruits.
In contrast, Cassia, the fake cinnamon offered in regular stores, has a dark brown color, is quite hard to the touch, and has a sharp, sometimes unpleasantly pungent taste.
Take a look at the interesting video on how the production process of Ceylon cinnamon actually goes.