Christmas cookies with a hole in the middle are probably not unknown to anyone.
But did you know that it has many tasty and healthy options?
Or that this simple, but They bake very good cookies even behind “big water”?
In the following article, we will present 5 simple recipes for dimpled cookies that you can master in the back of your hand.
Enjoy your meal!
Tallow dimpled candy
Tallow dimpled candy with cocoa is a popular classic, and not just for Christmas. Thanks to lard, the dough is very pliable and filling you can win according to your fantasy. What would you put in lard candy?
- 200 g plain flour
- 200 g of powdered sugar
- 170 g lard
- 50 g ground walnuts
- 3 spoons of cocoa
- Line marmalade (or any other you like)
- Mix the flour with sugar, ground nuts and cocoa.
- Then add lard and work the dough.
- If the mixture is too loose, add more lard.
- Put the dough in the fridge to rest for at least 2 hours.
- Take the dough out of the fridge and form it into balls with a diameter of about 2 cm in the palms of your hands.
- Make holes in the balls and fill them with jam.
- Put them prepared in this way on a tray with baking paper and bake at 160 °C for about 10 minutes.
We also have excellent recipes for Christmas cookies from a mug 5 different ways. Get inspired!
Nut-cinnamon dimpled cookies
Try something a little new again. The preparation of this candy is really simple and its taste is absolutely luxurious.
- 2 egg whites
- 150 sugar
- 200 g ground hazelnuts (or you can use other ground nuts)
- 2 tablespoons of ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1-2 spoons of spicier jam
- Beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt until foamy and gradually beat the powdered sugar into the mixture – the result should be smooth and shiny snow.
- Take approx. 2-3 tablespoons of the resulting snow into a decorating bag.
- Lightly stir in the vanilla extract and ground nuts mixed with cinnamon to the remaining mixture.
- With wet hands, make balls about the size of a walnut and place them on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- When you have made all the balls, use a wet finger to make a well in each ball.
- Fill the wells with the snow you have saved – you can do it with just snow, or a drop of spicy jam under the snow, which refreshes the taste of the cookies nicely.
- Bake in an oven heated to 100 ° C for about 40 – 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool completely on the baking sheet.
- Store in a closed container.
You may also find our reviews of built-in pipes useful. Who won our test?
Discover similar tips
Dimpled cookies with almonds
The preparation of this candy is very simple, quick and can be prepared already at the beginning of Advent.
- 300 g ground hazelnuts
- 200 g of granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 100 g of almonds
- a little fat for greasing the baking sheet
- Pour the ground nuts, sugar, whole eggs and white snow on the kitchen counter.
- Make a smooth dough and form small balls that you flatten with your finger.
- Transfer them to a greased baking sheet.
- Place an almond in the well.
- Bake at moderate temperature.
American dimpled candy
Dimpled sweets are also loved across the ocean. In what variations do they make it there and how is it different? American Dimple Cookies Recipe you can find it right here.
- 300 g plain flour
- 180 g of powdered sugar
- 130 g of butter
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon of almond extract
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- cocktail cherries
- First, beat the butter with sugar and egg.
- Then add the flour, baking soda, and vanilla and almond extract.
- Knead the dough and let it rest for 1 hour.
- Then form small balls from the dough, make a hole in them and put them on a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Bake at 180°C for 10-12 minutes.
- After baking, leave to cool and put cocktail cherries in the holes.
Healthy dimpled candy
Eating healthily and without regrets at Christmas? Why not. In the following recipe for healthy oat dimpled cookies, we will show you how to do it with only a minimal amount of sugar. Have you tried our recipes for spelled cookies ?
- 120 g plain flour
- 100 g ground oatmeal
- 70 g of powdered sugar
- 80 g ground walnuts
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 100 g of coconut oil
- 1 egg
- marmalade without sugar
- Mix all the dry ingredients together, then add the coconut oil and eggs.
- Knead the dough (add more oil if needed) and form into balls.
- Make holes in them and fill with your favorite sugar-free marmalade.
- Place in the oven and bake at 180°C for 10-15 minutes.
As you can see, dimpled Christmas cookies can be prepared in a variety of ways, and you certainly have your own.
In addition, small buns will make you happy even outside the Christmas season.
They can be filled with different types of filling and seasonal fruits and jams can be used in them.
And how did you like our recipes today? Write to us in the comments!