There is no better vegetable choice for hot days than low-calorie cucumbers.
We have prepared for you great recipes with salad cucumber in 8 different ways!
Would you like lemonade, salad or even soup?
With us, everyone can choose!
Salad of baby potatoes and salad cucumbers
This salad is tasty and light and is perfect as a side dish for a summer barbecue. It’s the perfect and healthier alternative to traditional potato salad.
- 500-700 g baby potatoes, boiled
- 500 g of salad cucumbers, cut into thin slices
- 1/3 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- a generous handful of fresh dill, chopped
- 4 tablespoons of vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- First, wash the baby potatoes thoroughly under running water and make sure all dirt is removed, scrubbing with a brush if necessary.
- Then put them in a pot and add water so that they are covered by about 5 cm.
- Place a pot on the stove and bring the water to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Lower the heat and cook the potatoes until you can easily pierce them with a fork.
- Don’t overcook because if they are too soft they will fall apart in the salad.
- Remove the potatoes from the water and let them cool completely.
- Slice or grate the cucumbers using a mandolin and place in a bowl.
- Generously salt the cucumbers, mix and salt again.
- This will help get rid of excess moisture.
- Set aside for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut your baby potatoes into bite-sized pieces.
- Place in a large bowl.
- Add onion, garlic and dill.
- Transfer the cucumbers to a colander and shake off any excess water.
- Add the cucumbers to the potatoes.
- Add the vinegar and olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Let the salad cool for about 30 minutes before serving.
This cucumber lemonade is fresh and refreshing. Just perfect for summer! The cucumber gives the drink a great cooling touch.
- 1 and ½ cups freshly squeezed lemon juice (7 to 8 large lemons plus more for garnish)
- 1 cup peeled and seeded cucumber (1 large cucumber plus extra for garnish)
- 1 cup granulated sugar (or coconut sugar)
- 6 cups of water
- Juice the lemons.
- Peel the cucumber and remove the seeds with a spoon.
- Add the cucumber, sugar and 2 cups of warm water to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Strain the liquid through a fine sieve into a pitcher and use a spatula to push through the liquid (discard the pulp).
- Add 4 cups of cold water and freshly squeezed lemon juice to the pitcher of cucumber mixture.
- Add a few handfuls of ice and serve.
- Garnish with cucumber slices and lemon wedges if desired.
Also check out our recipes for fit and refreshing lemonades without unnecessary extra calories! Refresh without regrets.
Fresh tzatziki will liven up any summer meal! They are rich, creamy, full of fresh herbs and perfect for example on pita bread, with grilled vegetables or in sandwiches.
- ½ cup finely grated cucumber
- 1 cup thick full-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, grated
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint (optional)
- Place the cucumber on a towel and gently squeeze out some of the excess water.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cucumber, yogurt, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, salt, dill, and mint, if using.
- Let cool until ready to serve.
Cold cucumber soup
If strawberry or broccoli soup can be cold, why not prepare cucumber soup, which is also delicious and very refreshing. The preparation is easy and you can easily prepare it at the last minute.
- 2 cups of white yogurt
- 0.5 l of kefir
- 1 large salad cucumber
- 3 – 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of fresh dill
- 2 handfuls of walnuts
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- a pinch of ground black pepper
- a pinch of ground cumin
- Peel the garlic, rub with a little salt and mix with vegetable oil.
- Peel the cucumber, grate it and add it to the garlic and oil.
- Throw in finely chopped walnuts, add yogurt mixed with kefir, salt, pepper and sprinkle chopped dill.
- Mix everything thoroughly and let it cool, an hour is enough.
- The soup is great with fresh bread or crackers, beer rolls are also great.
Discover similar tips
Stuffed salad cucumbers
Do you always prepare the same treats at celebrations? Would you like to finally offer your guests something new to enjoy? Try these cucumbers stuffed with a mixture of tomatoes, olives, feta cheese and dill!
- 4 large salad cucumbers
- 200 g cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 100 g Kalamata olives, chopped
- 50 g crumbled feta
- 20 g of chopped dill and more and for decoration
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 clove of garlic, finely crushed
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Cut the cucumbers into 7.5 cm pieces.
- Using a spoon, make a well in each cucumber.
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, olives, feta, dill, lemon juice, garlic, olive oil and oregano and toss until combined.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the mixture over the cucumbers.
- Garnish with dill if desired and serve.
Don’t forget to also check out our best pickled cucumber recipes in several different ways. A favorite treat that you will never get tired of!
Cucumber Ginger Smoothie
This luxurious creamy smoothie with cucumber, ginger, avocado, lime and baby spinach is perfectly refreshing and packed with nutrients and minerals. Do something for your body and soul!
- 1 and 1/2 cups (375 ml) water
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 avocado, skinless and pitted
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1/2 cup cucumber, peeled and seeded
- 2 dates, pitted
- 2.5 cm fresh ginger, grated
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend on low speed, then increase to high speed for 30 seconds.
- Enjoy it!
Try our other refreshing cucumber smoothie recipes not only for detoxifying the body!
Mediterranean salad with cucumbers and radishes
This light and healthy salad contains only 4 fresh ingredients and a refreshing lemon dressing. You can serve it with almost anything, from salmon to grilled chicken to beef kebabs.
- 2 salad cucumbers, thinly sliced using a mandoline or knife
- 1 to 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 4 to 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- 9 g chopped fresh dill
For the topping:
- 3 to 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of white wine vinegar
- juice of ½ lemon
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the sliced cucumbers in a large bowl.
- Add chopped shallots, radishes and fresh dill.
- In a small bowl, mix the dressing ingredients (extra virgin olive oil, white wine vinegar, lemon juice, oregano, salt and black pepper).
- Whisk (or cover and shake) until well combined.
- Pour the dressing over the salad.
- Mix again.
Vinegar Salad Cucumber Chips
Make your own homemade chips! Cucumber chips are low-carb and a perfect replacement for classic potato chips. Before baking, don’t forget to dry them well so that they are nicely crunchy.
- 1 large thick salad cucumber
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons of vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon dried garlic
- Preheat the oven to 110°C and line two large baking sheets with baking paper.
- Using a mandoline or a sharp knife, cut the cucumber into slices about 0.3 cm thick.
- Pat cucumbers dry with paper towels and place in a medium bowl.
- Add the vinegar, salt and dried garlic and mix.
- Arrange the cucumbers in an even layer on the prepared trays.
- Bake until dry, 1 hour 30 minutes, turning halfway through.
- As soon as the cucumbers begin to crisp, remove them from the oven.
- Enjoy your meal!
Do you want to make your work in the kitchen even easier? Electric vegetable slicers can cut and grate vegetables in seconds. Doesn’t that sound cool? What else can he do? Learn more in the review of electric food slicers .
If you want to learn more about this refreshing vegetable, then we have prepared a detailed article about cucumber just for you. What is its effect on human health, how to grow it properly and much more information in one place!
And how did you like our recipes today? Don’t forget to write us in the comments!