New Year’s lunch is the last festive meal of the Christmas holidays and at the same time the first festive meal of the new calendar year.
That’s why we care about him.
We have prepared for you 5 traditional recipes for New Year’s lunch that are simple and tasty.
Want to know which ones they are?
So let’s do it!
Roast pork with carrots and mushrooms
Good luck in the New Year is brought by piglet, i.e. pork. Try this recipe for baking mushrooms and carrots with potatoes, which is not only easy to prepare, but also very tasty.
- 800 g roast pork
- 400 g of young carrots
- 200 g of mushroom mixture
- 600 g of potatoes
- grinded pepper
- 60 g of butter
- sunflower oil
- fresh rosemary
- We tie the meat with a string, add salt and pepper and quickly fry it in butter.
- Then transfer the meat to a baking dish, cover with water and bake at 170 degrees Celsius.
- In the meantime, chop the onion, carrot, and mushrooms and fry them in butter for about three minutes. Season with salt and pepper and add to the baking dish with the meat.
- We bake together for about 80 minutes.
- Wash the potatoes, put them on a tray, salt and drizzle with oil.
- Bake them in the oven together with the meat for about 45 minutes.
- Cut the finished meat into slices and serve with vegetables, mushrooms, fresh rosemary and baked potatoes.
Try our recipes for Znojmo sauce not only made from roast beef. You will enjoy!
Buckwheat soup with smoked meat
A simple and quick recipe that is perfect for New Year’s lunch. In addition, it contains a lot of vegetables that will provide you with the necessary nutrients.
- 150 g of barley groats
- 1 onion
- 1 small leek
- 2 carrots
- 2 stalks of celery stalks
- 2 potatoes
- 200 g of smoked meat
- ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Heat the butter in a large saucepan and fry the finely chopped onion.
- Chop carrots, celery, leeks, potatoes and smoked meat and add them to the pot with onions and sauté everything briefly.
- We add washed hailstones and also fry them briefly.
- Add water and cook until the hailstones and vegetables are soft.
- Season the soup with marjoram, salt and pepper.
- Enjoy your meal!
Discover similar tips
Lenses should not be missing for the New Year. It is said that it will bring you enough money in the coming year. And it also tastes great. We have a simple recipe for pickled lentils to serve with oxeye and sausage.
- 300 g of lentils
- 30 g plain flour
- 50 g lard
- 1 bay leaf
- vinegar to taste
- salt to taste
- Take the lentils, wash them and soak them in cold water for 2 hours.
- We then cook it in the same water until soft with a bay leaf.
- Add salt, thicken with onion broth and season with vinegar.
- Served with ox eye and baked sausage.
Try our other luxurious lentil recipes in different variations. We have variants with green, red and black lenses for you.
Roast pork knuckle
Who doesn’t love a pork knuckle! Although it is not the healthiest dish, why not make an exception for the New Year. Prepare it according to our easy recipe.
- 5 liters of water
- 200 g of salt
- 40 g of granulated sugar
- 4 back pork knees
- 25 balls of black pepper
- 10 allspice balls
- 5 bay leaves
- 8 cloves of garlic
- grated horseradish
- full fat mustard
- artisan bread
- Mix salt and sugar in water.
- Cut the skin around the knees.
- If we put the meat in the freezer for 30 minutes, the skin will be easier to cut.
- Transfer the knees to the salt solution and add black pepper, allspice, bay leaves and pressed garlic.
- Let it marinate in the refrigerator for at least 3 days.
- If the knees are not completely submerged, we rotate them regularly.
- Take the marinated knees out of the solution onto a baking sheet and bake them covered with water in an oven heated to 120 °C for about 5.5 hours.
- Then set the oven to 230°C for hot air or grill and bake until crispy.
- Remove a small bone from the soft meat before serving and serve ideally on a board with horseradish, mustard, fresh bread and pickles.
New Year’s garlic in bread
Garlic is great and you will certainly welcome it after the demanding New Year’s celebrations. Serve it in bread and with a good dose of cheese and success is guaranteed!
- 1 red onion
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 head of garlic
- bunch of spring onions
- 1 liter of water or vegetable broth
- 200 g of cream cheese
- 6 potatoes
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- grated mozzarella
- grated cheddar
- loaf of bread
- Fry finely chopped onion and 2 cloves of garlic in oil.
- Add the flour and mix it well so that there are no lumps.
- Then add water, the rest of the pressed garlic, spices, salt and bring to a boil.
- Then add potatoes cut into pieces and cream cheese and wait until the potatoes are cooked.
- Cut the bread in 2/3 and remove the inside.
- Place in the heated oven for a few minutes to crisp up, after removing, sprinkle the bottom with grated cheese and pour in the cooked soup.
- Sprinkle the top with a good amount of cheese and garnish with spring onions.
You may also find our reviews of gas hobs useful. Who won in our comparison?
How was the New Year’s lunch? Show off to your friends on social media!