We should all include fish in our diet.
They are not only healthy, but also tasty.
This time we have prepared 5 different tilapia recipes for you.
You can try grilled, baked and fried versions.
So let’s do it!
Baked tilapia with lemon butter
A simple and tasty dish that you can prepare in 20 minutes! This makes it an ideal candidate for a weekday dinner that the whole family will seriously enjoy.
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice or more to taste
- zest of 1 lemon
- 4 tilapia fillets (170 g each)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Lightly oil a 23×33 cm baking pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the butter, garlic, lemon juice, and lemon zest; set aside.
- Salt and pepper the tilapia to taste and place in the prepared baking dish.
- Pour over the butter mixture.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 10-12 minutes.
- Serve immediately, or garnish with parsley.
Also try our best recipes for fish spreads . They are dietary, healthy and simply divine!
Fry the tilapia fillets in a mixture of flour and spices and suddenly you have an irresistible delicacy that you will want again and again.
- 125 g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon of dried garlic
- 1 teaspoon of dried onion
- 1 teaspoon of dried chili
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 tilapia fillets (each weighing approx. 170 g)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, for garnish
- lime wedges, to serve
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, dried garlic, dried onion, chili and cumin.
- Mix well.
- Season the tilapia fillets liberally with salt and pepper, then dip them in the flour mixture, shaking off any excess flour.
- Place on a clean tray or baking sheet.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add 2 fillets and fry for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, until the crust .
- Repeat with remaining fillets.
- Serve immediately with cilantro and lime wedges.
Herb tilapia with lemon
Tilapia seared in a pan and then baked in the oven together with herbs and lemon is a quick and easy delicacy that you can make playfully at any time. In addition, it is a healthy and gluten-free food that will satisfy your palate.
- 2 tilapia fillets (170g each)
- 1 teaspoon of dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 whole lemons
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Mix the tarragon, thyme, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- thinly slice the lemons (with the skin) and set aside, carefully removing all the seeds.
- Cut the second lemon in half, squeeze it into fillets and coat them evenly with the juice.
- Sprinkle the fillets on both sides with the dried herb mixture.
- Heat the olive oil in an oven-safe pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the tilapia to the hot pan and fry for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Turn the fish over and add more lemon juice squeezed from a halved lemon.
- Lay the lemon slices flat on the pan and/or fish, then place the pan in the oven.
- Bake until fillets are cooked through, approximately 3-5 minutes.
- Serve the fish with toasted lemon slices.
Discover similar tips
Fire up your outdoor grill and prepare this luxurious tilapia on it! The recipe is incredibly simple and full of great flavor. In addition, you have it ready in just 15 minutes.
- 4 tilapia
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons of garlic herb salt
- 1 tablespoon of fresh dill
- Cut the lemon into half rings.
- Cut the butter into small pieces.
- Make small slits on each tilapia.
- Salt generously on all sides.
- Stuff tilapia with butter and lemon slices.
- Grill the tilapia at 230°C for about 5 minutes on each side.
- Depending on the size of the fish, you may need to grill longer.
- Enjoy it!
You may also find our reviews of grill pans useful. Take a look at our extensive test, where we will advise you on what to choose.
Tilapia in a parmesan crust with a creamy tomato sauce
Try this simple but delicious recipe for Parmesan-Crusted Tilapia with a Creamy Tomato-Basil Sauce that your whole family will love.
For the sauce:
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 cloves of chopped garlic
- 1 and 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- a small handful of fresh basil leaves
For the tilapia:
- 4 tilapia fillets
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic
- frying oil
- Heat the olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the cream.
- Allow to bubble for 15 minutes.
- The sauce will turn slightly pink and coat the back of the spoon.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, in another pan, add enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan and heat over medium heat.
- Rinse and pat dry the tilapia fillets.
- Season both sides with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Mix the parmesan, panko and granulated garlic.
- Coat the seasoned fillets in flour.
- Shake off the excess.
- Dip in beaten eggs.
- Finally, put the fish in the parmesan and panko mixture.
- Place the coated fish in the heated pan, in batches if necessary, and fry for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden.
- When you remove the fish from the pan, prepare the basil chiffonade.
- You do this by rolling up a few basil leaves and finely chopping them.
- Stir the chopped basil into the sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Place the tilapia on a serving plate and pour the sauce over it.
We also have recipes for the 7 best fish soups for you! What will be your favorite?
4 tips to prepare the best tilapia
Tilapia is not one of the most popular fish. It is not tender and fatty like salmon, nor firm and tasty like tuna. Some may even call her uninteresting. At the same time, it has so much to offer. Just follow a few simple rules and you will conjure up a great delicacy.
- Always salt and pepper the tilapia fillets with ground black pepper.
- For a better texture, dust the fillet with a little flour , you can also add spices such as smoked paprika or dried oregano.
- Complement the fish with lemon or lime wedges , the brave can also reach for an orange or grapefruit.
- Fresh herbs give the tilapia freshness, a new taste and dimension. You can try, for example, basil, parsley, coriander, chives, fresh oregano or tarragon.
And how did you like our recipes today? Write to us in the comments!