Are you in the mood for something healthy and fresh?
Are you tired of preparing the same thing over and over again?
Then be inspired by our luxurious recipes for cauliflower salads 5 times differently!
We have options for you with chicken, bacon and cabbage.
It is a particularly suitable tip for a light summer dinner or snack.
Enjoy your meal!
Roast chicken, chickpea and cauliflower salad
This salad makes a great main course and the combination of roasted chicken, cauliflower, chickpeas, pickled red onions, olives and arugula is simply irresistible!
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 medium-sized cauliflower cut into 5 cm florets
- 5 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 small red onion, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
- 3 tablespoons of champagne vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cups chickpeas
- 1/4 cup green olives, pitted and quartered
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 5 cups arugula
- Place the racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven and heat the oven to 220°C.
- Spread the chicken and cauliflower in individual layers on separate large rimmed baking sheets.
- Always add a spoonful of oil, a spoonful of salt and a little pepper to the chicken and cauliflower.
- Place the baking sheet with the chicken in the upper third of the oven and the cauliflower in the lower third, and roast until the cauliflower is golden and the chicken reaches 74 degrees Celsius, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cover the chicken with foil to keep it warm.
- Meanwhile, combine the onion with the vinegar and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a small bowl.
- Let sit until onions soften and turn pink, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Drain the onions and reserve the liquid in a bowl.
- Whisk the mustard, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and some pepper into the liquid drained from the onion.
- Slowly mix in the remaining 3 tablespoons of oil.
- Cut the chicken crosswise into strips about 1.5 cm thick.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, cauliflower, onion, chickpeas, olives and parsley.
- Drizzle with the dressing and then season with salt and pepper.
- Add the arugula and toss gently again before serving.
You may also find our range hood reviews useful, where you can learn everything you need to know about these range hoods!
Cauliflower salad with cucumber and cherry tomatoes
A simple salad that you can prepare in no time and enjoy it at the same time! It is a great side dish, but also a light dinner on its own.
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 large or 2 medium cloves of garlic, pressed
- 3 spoons of mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons ranch dressing
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes
- Cut the cauliflower into small pieces and place in a large bowl.
- Dice the cucumbers and halve or quarter the tomatoes, then toss both into a bowl.
- Add crushed garlic to the vegetables
- In a separate bowl, mix together mayonnaise and ranch dressing.
- Add the dressing to the salad and mix well.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Try our best recipes for healthy and fresh vegetable salads in 12 different versions!
Discover similar tips
Cauliflower salad with yogurt-dill dressing
Cauliflower also tastes great in combination with dill. You can see for yourself in the following recipe!
- 1 cauliflower
- 1/3 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
For the dressing:
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt, drained for 1 hour in a strainer
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- Cut the cauliflower into florets.
- Bring water to a boil in a pot and prepare an ice bath.
- Blanch the cauliflower for 4 minutes, just enough to soften it and still have some crunch left.
- Drain and plunge into an ice bath to stop the cooking.
- In a bowl, mix the blanched cauliflower with the chopped red onion and sunflower seeds.
- Now prepare the dressing.
- In a small bowl, mix the yogurt, lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Slowly drizzle in the olive oil, whisking constantly, until the mixture is smooth and slightly thickened.
- Stir in the paprika and chopped dill.
- Add the dressing to the cauliflower and toss until well combined.
- Let cool for at least an hour before serving.
Summer cauliflower salad with eggs, bacon and cheddar
This cauliflower salad is absolutely luxurious and even die-hard salad haters will enjoy it! Excellent dressing and bacon also give it the right twist.
- 1 cauliflower, cut into florets
- olive oil
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 6 slices of bacon, fried
- ¼ cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced, plus extra for garnish
For the dressing:
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ⅔ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon of dried garlic
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- In a bowl, mix the cauliflower with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Spread in an even layer on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, stirring halfway through, until the edges of the cauliflower begin to brown and the florets are tender.
- Remove from the oven, let cool for a few minutes, then transfer to a large bowl.
- Cut the hard-boiled eggs in half and cut each half into 4 pieces.
- Roughly chop the bacon slices.
- Add the eggs and bacon to the bowl along with the cheddar and scallions.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients until smooth.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat everything well.
- Garnish with extra chopped spring onion before serving.
- Enjoy it!
Also prepare delicious cauliflower rice as a small snack or perhaps a light dinner. Get inspired by our recipes!
Raw cauliflower salad
There is absolutely nothing missing from this recipe! It is crunchy, salty, sweet, tasty, nutritious and easy to prepare. It’s perfect for any barbecue or picnic, and trust us, you’ll love it!
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups chopped red cabbage
- 1 bunch spring onions, white and green parts thinly sliced
- 2 large stalks of celery, diced
- 1/3 cup chopped pistachios
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 and 1/2 cups frozen green peas*
- 3 medjool dates, pitted and diced
For the topping:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lime
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
- Cut the cauliflower in half with a sharp knife.
- Cut off the leaves and wash well.
- Pat dry and then “shave” the cauliflower into super thin slices.
- Place the cauliflower in a large bowl, sprinkle with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Prepare the topping.
- Add olive oil to a small bowl.
- Cut the shallots into thin slices and the shallots into large pieces, then add to the bowl.
- Finely grate the lime on a grater over a bowl and then juice it over the bowl.
- Grate a clove of garlic into a bowl.
- Mix everything with a whisk.
- Set the dressing aside to allow the shallots to soften before you prepare the rest of the salad.
- Add coarsely chopped cabbage, chopped onion, diced celeriac, chopped pistachios, chopped fresh parsley, peas and diced dates to the bowl with the cauliflower.
- Toss the salad, add the dressing and toss well once more.
- Serve at room temperature or cool and serve cold.
Cauliflower belongs to the cruciferous vegetables and is one of the most digestible, although it can make some people bloated. However, one simple trick works against this. Add a pinch of marjoram to the water in which you cook the cauliflower and it will solve the problem.
And how did you like our recipes today? Write to us in the comments!