Don’t know what breakfast to prepare for your family?
Don’t you want to keep serving them the same thing?
Then try our recipes for baked eggs 5 different ways!
They are quick, hearty, simple and, moreover, absolutely luxurious in taste.
Baked eggs with spinach and mushrooms
Simple eggs baked with garlic mushrooms and baby spinach. It is a healthy, hearty and quick breakfast, but you can also serve the dish as dinner with buttered toast.
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 230 g of mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons of fresh thyme leaves
- a pinch of red chili flakes (optional)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 4 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons of whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons of grated parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Lightly grease four small baking dishes.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the mushrooms, garlic, thyme and red chilli.
- Saute, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3-4 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Toss spinach until wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Divide the mushroom mixture evenly into the baking dishes.
- Top with eggs, cream and parmesan and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place in the oven and bake until the egg whites are set, about 10-14 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
If you prefer boiled eggs , we have great recipes for you too. Try them all!
Eggs in avocado
Baked eggs in avocado are the perfect hearty breakfast that you can take on the go and save time. All you need is avocado, eggs and your favorite topping.
- 3 extra large avocados
- 6 large eggs
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- juice of 1/2 lime
- your favorite cheese, for garnish
- cilantro, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Cut the avocado in half and carefully remove the pit and discard it.
- Remove about 1 tablespoon of avocado from each half and place in a small bowl.
- Set aside.
- Place the avocado halves on the muffin tray to keep them upright and not tip over.
- Carefully crack an egg into each avocado and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- While the avocado is baking, take a bowl with the hollowed out avocado and season with a pinch of salt, black pepper and lime juice.
- Mix with a fork, taste and season with salt if necessary.
- Remove the baked avocado from the oven, season with salt and pepper and garnish with a dollop of mashed avocado, cheese and cilantro.
Discover similar tips
Baked eggs with ham and cheese
This luxurious low carb breakfast can be prepared in less than 30 minutes and your family will be delighted!
- spray oil
- 12 slices of ham
- 1 cup grated cheddar
- 12 large eggs
salt and ground black pepper to taste
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200° Celsius and grease a 12 muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Line each mold with a slice of ham and sprinkle with cheddar.
- Crack an egg into each mold lined with ham and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake until the eggs are done, 12 to 15 minutes (depending on how runny you like your yolks).
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
Baked eggs in a bun
These oven-baked eggs in buns or bread rolls with cheese, herbs and tomatoes are simple to prepare, effective and delicious. A great way to serve classic eggs with pastries in a slightly different way. Enjoy it!
- 4 buns, bread rolls or hamburger buns, with the top cut off and the inside hollowed out
- 1/2 cup grated Gouda
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tablespoon of fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- Remove the insides of the pastry so that the buns or buns retain their structure and at the same time fit the egg inside them.
- Sprinkle half of the cheese evenly under the buns.
- There should be a small layer that covers the bottoms of the pastry.
- Crack the eggs one at a time into a bowl and carefully pour one egg into each lump.
- Season the eggs with salt, pepper, fresh thyme and sprinkle the tomatoes on top.
- Bake the eggs for 20-25 minutes until the white is set.
- For a hard yolk, switch the oven to the grill.
- Bake the buns like this for 1-2 minutes.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the eggs and return to the oven for 2-3 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Enjoy your meal!
Baked eggs with mozzarella and zucchini
Tender roasted zucchini, beautifully oozing mozzarella, hot Tabasco and eggs combine to create a rich and delicious dish that should not be missing from your table!
- 2 small courgettes, trimmed and cut into 0.5 cm thick rounds
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt
- 2 teaspoons of Tabasco
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup shredded fresh mozzarella
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Prepare a rimmed baking sheet and two oval baking dishes suitable for the oven.
- Place a medium-sized frying pan over medium heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and about half of the zucchini rounds (zucchini won’t saute well if the pan is crowded, so it’s best to fry in batches); sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt.
- Sauté until each side of zucchini is golden brown, about 3 minutes per side.
- Repeat with the remaining zucchini.
- Divide the courgette into 2 portions and stack them on the bottom and along the edges of the baking dishes.
- Drizzle a spoonful of Tabasca into each baking dish and add 2 eggs to each.
- Sprinkle the eggs with sea salt.
- Place the baking dishes on a rimmed baking sheet and place in the oven.
- Bake for 9 minutes, remove from the oven and divide the mozzarella between the two bowls, stacking it around the eggs.
- Return to the oven and bake until the egg whites are set – 3 – 6 more minutes.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle with black pepper to taste and serve immediately.
We have other excellent recipes with baked zucchini for you or inspiration for your healthy lunches and dinners!
And how did you like our baked egg recipes? Write to us in the comments!