Are you interested in garlic recipes because it is your favorite vegetable?
Would you like to try something new and surprise your family and friends?
Get inspired by our collected recipes that will caress all taste buds.
Garlic is indispensable in the kitchen and you can conjure up wonderful delicacies with it. This recipe is simple, easy to prepare and the result is amazing. You can use fresh garlic, but also dried, it depends on what we currently have in stock at home.
The advantage is that if we forget to buy bread, we can also use frozen, so it is good to always have some as a backup. Well, why not take a look at the recipes for homemade bread from the oven . Get inspired and bake your own.
- 1 cube of fresh unsalted butter
- 4 – 5 cloves of garlic (1 tablespoon dried)
- 50 g of grated parmesan
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil (1 teaspoon dried)
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 Italian or French bread (or whatever is currently on hand)
- First, preheat the oven to 225°C.
- Line the tray with baking paper and set aside for now.
- Put garlic, oregano, basil into the robot’s container and turn it on to the highest setting.
- Mix for a while, then switch off and transfer to a bowl.
- Add softened butter (must be at room temperature), Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Mix everything thoroughly so that all the ingredients are combined and the mixture is smooth.
- On a cutting board, cut the bread into equally wide slices, approx. 2-3 cm, and spread them on baking paper.
- Spread the finished garlic butter on individual slices of bread and place the tray in the oven.
- Bake for about 12 minutes until the surface is golden brown.
- Then remove from the oven and serve.
- What we don’t eat can be left in the fridge, where it will last up to 4 days.
Tip: If you don’t like bread, you can easily use this spread on a French baguette or lid.
Biscuits with garlic and onions
Although sweet cookies are a great snack, we don’t always have the appetite or the mood for that kind of snacking. When we happen to have a craving for something sweet, we don’t need to load up on salt through chips or salted nuts right away.
On the contrary, we can try these salty biscuits that taste like garlic, thyme and onion. It goes perfectly as a side dish with chili con carne or perhaps with beef soup.
- 1 tablespoon of sunflower oil
- 1 large onion
- 2 – 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 cups store-bought cookie baking mix
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 cup milk
- We start by preheating the oven to 220°C.
- Peel the onion and cut it into the finest pieces.
- Clean the garlic and press it with a garlic press, or wipe it on a cutting board.
- Add oil to the pan, add the onion and fry for about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the pressed garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Then set aside and let cool completely.
- Prepare a bowl, pour the baking mixture, thyme and onion mixture into it.
- Mix a little and add milk.
- We make a smooth dough and use a spoon to form mounds of the same size on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 8-10 minutes. The cookies should have a golden hue, then they are baked.
- We serve them warm, but they are also great after they have cooled, and they can also be heated in the microwave.
Garlic vinegar with chili pepper
If you want to surprise someone with something tasty that they don’t know yet, you ideally need a secret weapon. It can be this spicy vinegar, which can be used, for example, when preparing fish.
- 7 red or green chili peppers
- 8 – 10 cloves of garlic
- 4 cm of ginger
- 2 cups distilled white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Peel the garlic and ginger and cut into thin slices.
- Leave the chilies whole and put them at the bottom of the glass, add the garlic and ginger and set aside for now.
- Pour vinegar into a small saucepan, sprinkle sugar and salt and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until the sugar and salt dissolve.
- Pour the finished infusion into a glass and let it cool.
- If we want to use it right away, we have to wait about 4 hours, although preferably until the next day.
- It doesn’t even hurt to stock up on this flavored vinegar. It can last up to 4 weeks in the cold.
Discover similar tips
Ginger and garlic are an excellent combination of two popular ingredients. We usually come across fresh ginger and garlic paste in the store, but one would look for a combination of the two in vain. The advantage is that this paste can be kept in the refrigerator and freezer, so we don’t have to worry about it spoiling.
- 120 g of fresh garlic
- 120 fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- The preparation is simple, because all we need is a food processor, into whose container we put garlic and ginger.
- Using the pulse button, mix gradually while adding olive oil little by little.
- When we have all the oil in the container, we turn on the robot at the highest level, but only for a moment.
- It is important that a smooth paste is formed.
- We put it in a sealable glass and store it in the fridge or freezer.
Anyone who likes to enjoy a good soup and at the same time is a fan of garlic will welcome this great and above all simple recipe for Romanian soup that is directly infused with garlic. It warms, caresses the taste buds, and it can also be an effective prevention during the flu or cold season.
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 2 large carrots
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1 large potato
- 2 stalks of celery stalks
- 1 – 1 1/2 liters of water
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- We start by preheating the oven to 180°C.
- Then we take whole sticks of garlic, cut off their tops to expose the individual cloves.
- Put the garlic prepared in this way on a baking sheet lined with baking paper, put it in the oven and bake it for 20 to 25 minutes.
- In the meantime, clean all the remaining vegetables and put them in the pot.
- Cover with water and let it cook for about 30 minutes.
- Once the garlic is baked, remove it from the oven and let it cool.
- We divide it into individual cloves and peel them.
- When the vegetables are cooked, put them in a blender, then add peeled garlic and softened butter.
- Turn on the highest setting and mix the soup thoroughly until it is smooth and fine.
- If the soup becomes too thick, we can add a little boiled water.
- Then divide it into bowls, drizzle with a little olive oil and sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve with freshly baked bread or a toasted baguette.
Garlic – what does it help and who should watch out for it?
Garlic is said to be an effective natural antibiotic, but also a Czech superfood. It is characterized by its taste, but also has a specific aroma. It is great for many delicious dishes and as a prevention against colds and coughs. It can even help with cleansing the body, lowering blood cholesterol, etc.
Garlic is an excellent helper for high blood pressure, while it can help lower blood sugar in diabetics. Someone cannot praise it for its antibacterial effects, while others consume it to boost immunity. In short, it has many positive qualities that make it indispensable.
Garlic contains many useful vitamins and minerals, such as B vitamins, vitamin C, potassium, iodine, calcium and many others. It can also be used externally for cold sores, warts or fungus.
We simply mash it, apply it to the wound, bandage it and let it work. It should be noted that mashed garlic is very strong and in some individuals it can be too aggressive, so we have to be careful and not overdo it.
People who have problems with the gallbladder or stomach must be careful with garlic. At the same time, this also applies to individuals who take blood thinners, as garlic can increase their effect in an unpleasant way. And then, of course, everyone with a garlic allergy.