There are endless recipes for goulash soup, but the best one is with minced meat.
Small crumbled pieces of meat are soaked in the strong flavor of this Hungarian soup.
The taste is intense and unforgettable.
Taste it yourself.
Goulash soup with ground beef
This hearty meal recipe is popular in Austria and Hungary. It’s a great meal for both lunch and dinner. As well as many other dishes that you will find on our website. Try, for example , garlic shrimp or hearty baked pasta with chicken .
What will we need
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 2 white onions (sliced)
- 125 g grated carrots
- 2 celery stalks (sliced)
- 3 cloves garlic (sliced)
- 1 red pepper (diced)
- 150 g of ground beef
- 125 g mushrooms (cut into quarters)
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon of tomato puree
- 1 bay leaf
- 400 g whole peeled tomatoes (blended)
- 750 ml of chicken stock
- 125 g of Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 3 tablespoons of chopped parsley
- Sauté onion, carrot, celery, mushrooms and red pepper in butter until soft.
- Add the garlic, cumin and cinnamon and saute until the mixture is fragrant.
- Add ground beef and fry until browned.
- Stir it well during cooking to avoid lumps.
- Add the paprika, smoked paprika, thyme, tomato paste and bay leaves and lightly fry for a minute.
- Add the canned tomatoes and chicken stock and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the yogurt and chopped parsley.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
Hungarian minced meat soup
You will enjoy this recipe for a typical goulash soup with minced meat like never before. Its taste is sweet, delicate, but at the same time slightly spicy. Potatoes and green spicy peppers give everything a twist. It is a great appetizer, before a light and delicious Italian risotto , choose the recipe that interests you the most.
What will we need
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 500 g of minced meat
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 1½ teaspoons cumin
- 3 spoons of sweet paprika
- 500 ml of meat broth
- 3 cloves of garlic (chopped)
- 1 potato (diced)
- 1 parsnip (peeled and chopped)
- 1 carrot (peeled and chopped)
- 1 stalk celery (chopped)
- 1 green chili pepper (diced)
- 400 g of tomatoes in a can
- 6 spoons of sour cream
- a sprig of parsley
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry the meat for 5 minutes until golden.
- Add onion and cumin and sauté until soft.
- Add the paprika and stir for 1 minute, then pour in the stock.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer until the meat is tender, about 40 minutes.
- Add the garlic, vegetables and tomatoes. Cook for another 15-20 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Allow to cool slightly and then puree half of the mixture in a food processor.
- Return to the pot and add a little water if needed to make a thick soup.
- Reheat and serve with sour cream and parsley.
By far the best goulash soup with minced meat is froman electric slow cooker . But it’s not just a helper for making soups! You can prepare practically everything in it and it is much tastier than traditional cooking. Check out our review and choose your eclectic sidekick!
Discover similar tips
Soup with peppers, ground turkey and vegetables
That the right recipe for goulash soup with minced meat and vegetables can only be made from beef or pork? We are happy to guide you! Enjoy with us its version with ground turkey or chicken and immediately prepare delicious rolls that use the same type of meat.
What will we need
- 450 g ground turkey (or chicken)
- 30 ml of olive oil
- 1 medium onion (sliced)
- 2 celery stalks (thinly sliced)
- 1 small green pepper (chopped)
- 230 g canned mushrooms cut into slices
- 790 g can of tomatoes (chopped with liquid)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 5 g of Italian seasoning
- 5 g of oregano
- 5 g of parsley
- 5 g of onion powder
- 5 g of garlic powder
- Cook turkey in olive oil until pink.
- Add onion and celery, cook until onion softens.
- Add green pepper and garlic, cook for a few minutes.
- Add tomatoes with liquid, mushrooms and other spices.
- Cover the goulash soup and let it simmer for about 1/2 hour. Stir occasionally.
How to store soup?
Boil the soup and let it cool to room temperature. Freeze it in an airtight container, leaving some room for expansion, and store it in the freezer for 1 to 3 months.
Reheat it either completely frozen or thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
Once hot, add toppings (sour cream) or garnishes (parsley) and serve.