Have you tried green smoothie recipes yet? If not yet, then it’s a mistake!
Try super drinks, also suitable as a quick breakfast. All you have to do is choose the right ingredients.
Give your health a boost and give your body what it needs. You will see that you will feel better.
The best green smoothie
This simple and nutritious drink can kick start you right in the morning for the whole day. All the ingredients are very healthy and tasty on all sides. You will love this recipe. Do not hesitate to take a look at the recipes for pineapple smoothies .
- 1 and 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 green apple (ideally Granny Smith)
- 1/4 avocado Ready to eat
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 1/2 ripe mango
- Preparation is quick, as all you have to do is throw all the ingredients into the blender and let it blend for 30 seconds at the highest speed.
- The smoothie should be creamy but not too thick.
- If you need to dilute it, add almond milk or cold water.
Tip: Try another version of the classic green smoothie:
What you’ll need: 1 cup baby spinach, 1 cup chopped kale, 1 frozen banana, 1/4 cup frozen apricot chunks, 1/4 cup frozen nectarine chunks, juice of 1 unprocessed orange (don’t confuse it with lemon), 1 cup cooked and chilled green tea, 1 tablespoon of chia seeds and 2 pitted dates.
Procedure: Blend at the highest speed. If the drink is too thick, add water or green tea.
Green smoothie for weight loss
An easy and very fresh smoothie with pineapple and many other great ingredients will please anyone who wants to do something for their weight and not just munch on a rice sandwich or apples. Such a cocktail of health-promoting ingredients definitely has something in it and will fill you up to perfection.
- 3/4 cup fresh spinach
- 3/4 cup frozen pineapple
- 1/2 peeled frozen banana
- 1 tablespoon of coconut flakes (unsweetened, if you want, you can fry for a while in a dry pan)
- Collagen peptide powder – amount according to the manufacturer’s recommended daily dose
- 1 teaspoon of Matcha green tea powder
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- First, put the frozen ingredients in the blender jar and blend a little.
- Then we add the others and mix everything thoroughly at the highest speed.
- Pour into glasses and serve immediately.
Discover similar tips
This green drink is rich in healthy nutrients, with approximately 136 calories per serving, which are excellent values.
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups baby cabbage
- 2 stalks of chopped celery stalks
- 1 large green apple, sliced
- 1 cup frozen sliced banana
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon of chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon of honey (if you like it sweeter, you can add 2 tablespoons)
- Put the cabbage with spinach and celery stalks into the blender. We mix.
- Add the other ingredients and mix at the highest speed.
- If the smoothie is too thick, add almond milk and mix again.
Tip: Prepare a quick version of a detox green smoothie.
What you will need: 2 bananas, 1 apple, 1 cup baby spinach, juice of 1 lemon and cold water as needed.
Procedure: Peel the bananas and the apple, cut them into pieces, put them in a blender. Add rinsed baby spinach, lemon juice, water and mix everything thoroughly so that the drink is pretty smooth. We serve immediately.
Why a green smoothie anyway?
The preparation is easy, fast and all you need is a powerful blender. Thanks to this drink, you can include various superfoods on your menu, which are beneficial for health and will supply the body with nutrients that are often missing.
A lot of people have trouble eating certain types of fruit or vegetables on their own, but when it’s all mixed up and prepared as a drink, it’s easy. In addition, green smoothies are great for detoxifying the body and are a great aid in the weight loss process.
Which liquid ingredients are suitable for preparing smoothies?
Unsweetened almond or coconut milk is excellent, but also pure water or green tea. In essence, you can use a liquid or raw material that is low in calories and low in fat.
For starters, leafy vegetables such as spinach, cabbage or chard, which are often forgotten in our kitchen, are great. Those who like to experiment can also try arugula.
It is usually a good idea to start by adding only a small amount of this type of vegetable and later increase the dose, but in portions. If you are completely new to the smoothie category, the best place to start is with spinach.
Healthy fats are the foundation
Whether you’re on a diet or just want to live a healthier life, you need to be mindful of the fats your body is consuming. In this case, avocado, nut butter, whether almond or peanut, are excellent.
However, it must be mentioned that it must contain 100% nuts or almonds, without being spoiled by any additional ingredients. Always check the label and read carefully what the butter contains.
Don’t forget good quality coconut oil either. For those of you who need to give your body a good dose of protein, a protein powder or some Greek yogurt is a great option.
Sweet ingredients – fruit and sweetener
When deciding what type of fruit to choose for a green smoothie, always choose one that is packed with fiber, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. The main thing is that the fruit has little sugar.
For this reason, apples, citrus fruits and various berries are ideal. But pineapple, mango or banana also has something in it. It is always a good idea to freeze the banana before blending and only then add it to the smoothie.
Basically, it is possible to use any fruit in frozen form, thanks to which the drink will acquire a perfect structure and a much better taste. As for sweetening, of course do not overdo it and do not use regular sugar at all.
Replace it with a little honey, maple syrup, stevia, or agave or chicory syrup. For a natural sweetener, add pitted dates, two or three at the most are always enough.