Don’t hesitate to try our amazing recipes with herbs.
After all, are there any better ingredients than these aromatic plants?
They will scent the whole household, and you will still enjoy your favorite foods better than without them.
If you also grow herbs in your garden or on your kitchen window, you’ll be doubly flattered.
Surprise your loved ones and friends and prepare them a real feast that they will not forget.
Surprise your guests with a glass of delicious cocktail, a bowl of this amazing herb dip and some crackers and fresh vegetables. They will be happy to come back to you!
- 230 g cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup chopped scallions, white and green parts
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Add all ingredients to the bowl of a food processor and blend.
- Serve at room temperature.
Also try our excellent recipes for side sauces for meat, vegetables or crackers in 10 different ways. Everyone will choose!
Grilled chicken in garlic-herb marinade
Prepare this perfectly juicy, tender and delicious chicken that is marinated in the best marinade of garlic and herbs. You can serve it as the main star of a dish or add it to a salad or pasta.
- 2 teaspoons of sea salt
- 2 teaspoons of chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons of roasted garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1 kg boneless skinless chicken breast
- Mix together the sea salt, chopped onion, roasted garlic powder, black pepper, coriander, parsley and paprika.
- Place the spice mix, olive oil, and vinegar in a ziplock bag.
- Add 1 kg of boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- Toss to coat the meat, refrigerate and marinate the chicken for 30 minutes.
- Oil the grill grates, remove the chicken from the marinade and grill over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes on each side, about 10 minutes total, or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 71°C.
We test contact electric grills . Which one won in our review and why?
From time to time one gets a craving for bread or pastry with some good spread or other type of spread. Why not try a classic that everyone will enjoy? A little herbs, fresh buttermilk and the whole family will be licking themselves.
- 1 cube of softened unsalted fresh butter
- 2 tablespoons of fresh, finely chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh finely chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place the butter, parsley, thyme, chives, garlic, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Mix together until all ingredients are completely combined.
- Cut off a piece of food foil, spread it on the table and put the finished butter in the center in a thicker layer.
- Wrap and shape like a log.
- Twist the ends of the foil and tuck them under the edges of the foil.
- Place in the refrigerator and leave for at least 3 hours, ideally overnight.
- Then just cut and serve.
- You can spread it on bread or use it, for example, to decorate minutes, but also for example in a salad.
Discover similar tips
Gnocchi with herb sauce
You can prepare these gnocchi with anchovies and herb sauce in just 10 minutes. If you don’t like anchovies or want to make this dish vegan, simply leave them out of the sauce.
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 4 anchovies (optional)
- 1 clove of garlic
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 50 g herbs (parsley, chives and basil)
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 500 g of gnocchi
- Drizzle capers, anchovies, garlic, lemon juice and herbs with 3 tablespoons of olive oil to make a sauce.
- Season and set aside.
- Cook the gnocchi in salted water according to package directions, then drain.
- Heat the remaining oil in a non-stick pan over high heat and add the gnocchi.
- Fry until crispy for about 3 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and drain on a kitchen towel.
- Toss the gnocchi with the sauce, then divide into bowls, sprinkle with lemon zest and cracked black pepper and serve.
Also try our other recipes for Italian potato gnocchi in 7 different ways. It’s a treat!
Rosemary, orange and thyme flavored salt
Learn how to make a simple salt with citrus and herbs! It’s great for seasoning a variety of dishes, such as poultry, fish and vegetables, and you can gift it to all the foodies you have in your family or friends.
- 2 cups coarse sea salt
- 3 tablespoons of fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 tablespoon of fresh thyme leaves
- 6 oranges
- Measure sea salt into a large bowl and set aside.
- Wash and dry the rosemary and thyme.
- Remove the leaves and discard the woody stems from both herbs.
- Finely chop the rosemary and thyme with a sharp knife and measure them both into a bowl together with the salt.
- Wash and dry the oranges and use a zester to cut the peel from all six oranges into small thin strips (avoid the white pith underneath).
- Alternatively, you can use a small sharp knife to peel the bark into large strips and then cut it into smaller pieces.
- Juice two oranges into a small bowl.
- Add the fresh juice and orange peel to the sea salt.
- Mix the salt well with a wooden spoon so that the orange juice, herbs and zest are fully combined.
- Spread the mixture evenly on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Set the oven to 105 degrees Celsius and place the tray inside.
- Bake for 30 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Break up any clumps with a wooden spoon or fork and store the finished salt in an airtight container in the pantry.
- For best taste, use within 3 months.
Why consume herbs?
- Herbs have a number of positive properties. Not only will it add flavor to your dishes , but it can help with a number of health ailments.
- Herbs contain many vitamins and minerals . Some are found in the leaves, others in the roots or even in the flowers. They can be inflated with vitamin C, but also with other vitamins such as A or E and group B.
- Motherwort and thyme are ideal for inflammation of the upper respiratory tract , while mint and cumin are suitable for the digestive system . Horseradish is great for the urinary tract , as it has an antiseptic effect.
- If we need to calm down, we reach for lemon balm, rosemary or lavender. Basil and sage are suitable for disinfecting the oral cavity .
And how did you like our recipes today? Write to us in the comments!