Grilling is definitely one of the favorite activities on balmy summer evenings.
If you want a change from traditional meat or vegetables, get inspired by our grilled cheese recipes.
Have you tried, for example, Cypriot Halloumi cheese?
Or would you prefer a classic ermine?
Either way you choose with us!
Hermelín belongs to the cheeses that are very delicious grilled. You can emphasize its taste with barbecue spices.
- 3 ermines – according to the number of diners
- barbecue spices
- 4-5 cloves of garlic – to taste
- Prepare the marinade to rub on the cheese.
- Put the minced garlic and barbecue spices in a bowl and pour about 1 dl of oil.
- Mix well.
- Coat the ermines with this mixture, wrap them individually in foil and leave to marinate for at least 1.5 hours so that the individual flavors blend together.
- Then prepare the grill and charcoal, on which to grill the loaded ermine for about 7 minutes on each side.
What to try on the grill, for example peppers, eggplants or asparagus? For inspiration, we have prepared 5 great recipes for grilled vegetables . You will lick yourselves!
Grilled goat cheese with cranberry sauce
Try this clever vegetarian appetizer that will impress even the biggest foodie! The combination of goat cheese with sweet sauce, pecans and chicory is absolutely luxurious.
- 2 red apples
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 3 x round goat cheese, halved horizontally
- 2 tablespoons of cranberry jam
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 25 g pecans
- 2 chicory, split into leaves
- a handful of radish or watercress sprouts
- Quarter the apple, remove the core, then thinly slice it into a bowl with the lemon juice and 1 tablespoon water.
- Mix well as this will prevent the apples from browning.
- Preheat the grill to high, then line the grill rack with aluminum foil.
- Place the cheeses skin side down on the foil and set aside for a while.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of the juice from the bowl of apples into another bowl and discard the rest.
- Add the cranberry jam, oil and honey with a little seasoning and whisk to form a sauce.
- Grill the cheeses for 4 minutes, then sprinkle the nuts over the cheeses and around them and return them to the grill to grill for a few more minutes – but be careful not to burn the nuts.
- Arrange the apple, chicory and sprouts on 6 plates, then carefully top with the hot cheese.
- Sprinkle over the nuts, drizzle with the sauce and serve straight away.
Discover similar tips
Grilled feta cheese
Feta marinated in olive oil, with honey, fresh thyme and salt is an absolutely luxurious appetizer that your guests will love. You just have to try it!
- 200 g of feta blocks
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- flaked sea salt, optional
- honey, optional
- Preheat the oven on the grill function to a temperature of 190 degrees Celsius.
- Drain the cheese and dry with a paper towel.
- Place the feta in a small ramekin or oven-safe cast-iron pan and drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with fresh thyme.
- Grill for 8-10 minutes or until the cheese is soft but not completely melted.
- Sprinkle with flaky sea salt and drizzle with honey.
- Serve immediately.
- Store any leftover feta in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
Whether we are enjoying a grilled knee, chicken , cheese or just the grilled vegetables themselves, it is always a great gastronomic experience and to top it all with the smell of home.
Try these 11 best barbecue recipes that will make you shine like a masterchef!
Grilled Halloumi cheese
You don’t have to eat Mediterranean halloumi cheese only in its homeland, but fortunately it is also available here. Therefore, it is not a problem to prepare grilled halloumi. Its advantage is that it does not melt. Combined with tomatoes and pita bread, it is an excellent snack for a summer dinner.
- 1 package of Halloumi cheese
- 1 package of pita bread
- mint leaves
- extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- a pinch of oregano
- Prepare the Halloumi cheese and cut it into individual slices.
- Prepare a marinade from olive oil, lemon juice, oregano and pepper.
- Brush the Halloumi slices with the marinade while grilling.
- Grill for about 4 minutes on each side until golden.
- Serve the cheese with chopped tomatoes, pita bread and a sprig of mint.
Slovak oštiepok on the grill
Grilled smoked sprat is a great appetizer that everyone will enjoy. It is a traditional Slovak cheese made from sheep’s milk, which has an excellent taste and goes perfectly with, for example, cranberry sauce.
- 4 small chips
- cranberry sauce
- Fire up the grill.
- Place 4 small chips on the grill and grill them on both sides until soft (not too runny).
- If you have larger chives, cut them into slices about 1 cm thick and grill them until they are cooked through.
- Serve with homemade or store-bought cranberry sauce.
What cheeses to use for grilling
- Cheeses are best grilled in foil, so we make sure they don’t spread.
- We can mainly use various hard cheeses, ermine and similar cheeses with white mold on the surface are excellent.
- Cottage cheese is also not excluded, if we feel like it, and processed cheeses are also used in some mixtures.
- We mainly serve dark and white pastries of various shapes with grilled cheeses.
- To make it crispier, brush it with oil or just water and grill it for a while or wrap it in foil and grill it in it.
- Add fresh vegetables or vegetable salad to the pastry.
And what cheese do you prefer to use on the grill? Write to us in the comments!