Delicious combination for summer. A quick grilled chicken and grilled romaine is a healthy and YUMMY way to eat your greens. Quick, very easy and a big pay off for little time spent. If you have never tried grilled romaine, then this is a must add to your culinary adventures list! You won't be disappointed!
YUMMY Variation : Try chopping your chicken into chunks and adding them to a skewer for a YUMMY Grilled Kabob fest!
- Prep Time : 20 minutes
- Cook Time : 10 minutes
- Yield : 4
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil - 1/4 cup (and more for drizzling)
- Red Wine Vinegar - 2 teaspoons
- Mediterranean Seasoning - 2 - 3 Tablespoons
- For the Love of Garlic Seasoning - 2 Tablespoons
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes - 1/4 teaspoon
- Kosher Salt - to taste
- chicken breasts (skinless, boneless) - 1 1/2 lbs
- bread crumbs - 1 1/2 cups
- parmesan cheese - 1/4 cup (grated)
- Preheat a grill to medium high.
- To Make the Dressing - Mix the olive oil, vinegar, crushed red pepper flakes and Do You Bake? seasonings in a large bowl (add about 1tsp kosher salt). Drizzle the cut sides of each piece of romaine with about 1 to 2 teaspoons of the dressing. Set aside.
- Pound the chicken to an even thickness. (cut in chunks for skewers if desired). Add the chicken to the bowl with the remaining dressing and toss. Add the breadcrumbs and toss to coat. (If making kabobs - thread the chicken onto the skewers, leaving space between each piece)
- Grill the chicken, turning occasionally, until cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes. Meanwhile, grill the romaine, turning once, until marked and slightly wilted, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Transfer the romaine to plates and drizzle with olive oil and vinegar. Season with salt. Serve with the chicken and sprinkle the chicken and romaine with the Parmesan cheese (grated)