Do you want to prepare a simple and at the same time delicious dinner with meat?
Are you running out of inspiration?
Then be inspired by our great recipes for baked chops 6 times differently!
With mushroom sauce, with cheese and cane sugar or rather with Dijon mustard?
With us, everyone can choose!
Baked Italian pork chops
Delicious pork chops baked with potatoes, onions, fennel, garlic and lots of herbs are a great dish that will become one of your favorite dishes!
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 medium onions
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 1 small fennel
- 4 (2.5 – 4 cm thick) bone-in pork chops
- 3 and 1/2 teaspoons of salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper and more to taste
- 1 kg of potatoes
- 2 tablespoons mixed fresh herbs such as thyme, oregano, parsley, sage, rosemary
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup dry white wine
- Place the rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 175°C.
- Meanwhile, grease a 23 x 33 cm baking dish with 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- Halve and thinly slice 2 onions.
- Thinly slice 6 cloves of garlic.
- Cut off the tops of the leaves from 1 small fennel bulb, halve the bulb and cut into thin slices.
- Place the onion, garlic and fennel in a large bowl.
- Season 4 bone-in pork chops with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering.
- Fry the pork chops in 2 batches: add to the pan and fry until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Add the onion mixture to the pan and season with 1 teaspoon salt and a little black pepper.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are soft and golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel and cut the potatoes into 3 cm thick slices.
- Place in a baking dish, season with the remaining 1 and 1/2 teaspoons salt and a little black pepper, and toss to combine.
- Arrange in an even layer.
- Coarsely chop 2 tablespoons of fresh herbs.
- When the onion mixture is ready, remove the pan from the heat.
- Transfer the onion mixture over the potatoes in an even layer.
- Pour 1 cup of dry white wine into the now empty pan, scrape up the browned bits from the bottom and pour into the baking dish.
- Place the pork chops on top of the onion mixture in a single layer and pour any accumulated juices from the plate over them.
- Pour 1 cup chicken stock over everything.
- Sprinkle evenly with herbs.
- Bake, uncovered, until the pork chops are at least 160ºF on an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part and the potatoes are cooked through, about 1 hour.
Get inspired by our recipes for pork chops 7 times differently ! Prepared in minutes, grilled and baked in the oven.
Baked pork slices with cream and mustard sauce
Luxurious pork chops baked with Dijon mustard and cream sauce is the perfect way to take chops to a whole new level. Plus, this recipe is simple so you can make it any time of the week, yet impressive enough to impress even the pickiest of guests!
- 4 boneless pork chops
- salt and pepper – to taste
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 teaspoons of oil
For the sauce:
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 2 teaspoons of pressed garlic
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon salt or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper or to taste
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Salt and pepper the pork chops liberally on both sides.
- Melt the butter in a large oven-safe skillet over medium heat.
- Pour oil into the pan.
- Add the pork chops to the pan and sear them for 2-3 minutes on both sides.
- Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- To prepare the sauce, add the butter to the pan.
- Once melted, add the garlic and stir for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the chicken broth.
- Whisk in the Dijon mustard and then the cream.
- Stir in salt and pepper.
- Return the pork chops to the pan, pour some sauce over them and transfer to the oven.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Pour a spoonful of the pan liquid over the pork chops.
- Bake for another 10-15 minutes until the pork is cooked through and the sauce has thickened.
- Pour additional sauce over the pork chops, sprinkle with black pepper and fresh herbs as desired, and serve.
Baked cutlets with cheese, garlic and cane sugar
This easy recipe for oven-baked pork chops in less than 30 minutes is perfect for a simple weeknight dinner that your whole family will love.
- 4 pork chops
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup cane sugar
- 4 tablespoons of melted butter
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ cup grated Gouda cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Rub both sides of the pork chops with garlic and cane sugar.
- Place in a square baking dish and drizzle with butter.
- Sprinkle with paprika, salt and pepper.
- Bake at 175 degrees Celsius for 20-25 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 68 degrees.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for another five minutes.
- Enjoy it!
Discover similar tips
Baked lamb chops
These Oven Roasted Sticky Lamb Chops are super easy and, as a bonus, incredibly delicious. Definitely give them a try!
- 1.2 kg lamb chops
- 2 tablespoons of cane sugar 35
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 140 g of tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon of dried ginger
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of vinegar
- If your chops are very fatty, you may want to trim off the excess fat.
- Leave some fat as it will keep the chops moist and add flavor.
- Place chops in a large baking dish.
- Mix all remaining ingredients together in a small bowl or pitcher.
- Pour the marinade over the chops, refrigerate for two hours and turn the chops over after an hour.
- If you are short on time you can shorten the marinating time, the longer the better, so overnight would be best if you have the time.
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove the foil from the baking tray and increase the temperature to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Turn the chops.
- At this stage the chops should be tender, the sauce will be quite thin but will thicken.
- Return the chops to the oven and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Serve the lamb chops with mashed potatoes/cauliflower puree and green vegetables, don’t forget to pour the delicious sauce over them.
Also try our 10 best lamb recipes or quality meat requires care.
French pork slices with onions and cheese
A simple meal that you can easily prepare at any time of the week in 30-40 minutes. In addition, it contains all the flavors of French onions, which in combination with juicy meat is an absolutely irresistible combination.
- 2 yellow onions, peeled, halved and then sliced into half-moon slices
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup plus 4 tablespoons beef broth
- 4 boneless pork chops about 2.5 – 4 cm thick
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon of dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon dried garlic
- 2 and ½ spoons of plain flour
- 4 slices of Provolone cheese
- 1 cup grated Gruyere cheese
- sprigs of fresh thyme
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Melt the butter and olive oil in a large cast iron or other oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chopped onion and sauté for 3-5 minutes until softened.
- Add 4 tablespoons of beef stock and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for 12-15 minutes, until the onions are soft and golden.
- While the onions are sauteing, season both sides of the pork chops with salt, black pepper, thyme, and dried garlic.
- Transfer the onion to a plate.
- Reduce the heat, add a drizzle of olive oil to the pan if needed, and sear the pork chops, about 3-4 minutes per side, until golden.
- Transfer the pork chops to a plate.
- Return the cooked onion to the pan and cover with flour.
- Stir to coat the onions and cook for about a minute.
- Add the remaining 1 cup of beef broth and stir frequently until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Place the pork chops back in the pan and pour some of the beef stock over them.
- Top with slices of provolone cheese and a dollop of grated Gruyere (about ¼ cup per cutlet).
- Add a few sprigs of fresh thyme, place the pan in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes until the cheese has melted and softened.
- Before serving, pour some of the beef broth/onion mixture over the cheese and garnish with a little black pepper if desired.
Baked cutlets with creamy mushroom sauce
Tender juicy pork chops with mushroom sauce are simple, delicious and only need two ingredients!
- 4 – 6 pork chops (4 – 5 cm)
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of dried garlic
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- vegetable oil, for frying
- Heat a few tablespoons of oil in a large pan over high heat.
- Season the pork chops with salt, garlic and pepper to taste.
- Fry the pork chops until brown on both sides, about 2-3 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 175°C.
- Add the pork chops to an ovenproof dish.
- Pour the cream of mushroom soup on top.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake for 40-45 minutes or until pork chops are cooked through and tender.
- Enjoy it!
Are you in the mood for something traditional, but with a new twist? Also try our other recipes for pork with mushrooms !
And how did you like the cutlets? Write to us in the comments!