Hamburgers are among the popular dishes that are easy to prepare and taste great.
That is why we have prepared for you 5 luxurious recipes for homemade hamburgers, which will always be better than purchased semi-finished products!
We have for you not only the traditional beef version, but also chicken or pork.
You will enjoy!
Burger with blue cheese, caramelized onions and rosemary
Well, this is an absolute gem! You no longer have to go to a restaurant for the best hamburger. You can easily prepare it at home. So let’s do it!
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 4 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 2 medium red onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 700 g of lean ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup crumbled Niva
- 4 hamburger buns
- 8 lettuce leaves
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the rosemary and cook for about 1 minute, or until crisp.
- Using tongs, remove sprigs from oil and place on a paper towel.
- When cool enough to handle, remove the leaves from the twigs.
- Add onion and 1/4 teaspoon salt to pan and stir.
- Cover and cook undisturbed for 7 to 8 minutes, until the onions begin to soften.
- Remove the lid and continue to cook until the onions are soft and caramelized, stirring occasionally, for another 7 to 8 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the rosemary leaves.
- Preheat the oven (with the rack in the middle) to 200° Celsius.
- Shape the beef into 4 patties about 2 cm thick.
- Sprinkle both sides with pepper and remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt.
- Heat a large skillet, preferably cast iron, over medium heat.
- Add the patties and fry for 5 to 6 minutes until the undersides have a nice dark brown crust.
- Turn the patties over and fry for another 5 to 6 minutes until they are medium cooked.
- Transfer the burgers to a pan with a rim.
- Crumble the blue cheese evenly over each burger.
- Bake until cheese is melted, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Heat the buns at the same time.
- Build your burgers from buns, patties, lettuce, caramelized onions and rosemary.
Homemade beef burger
Try this recipe for the best perfectly seasoned and juicy burgers. Plus, you only need a few ingredients to make them!
- 700 g of lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon of dried garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 slices of cheese (optional)
- 4 hamburger buns
- optional: lettuce, tomato, onion, cucumber, ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise, etc.
- Preheat the grill to 190 degrees Celsius.
- Add beef to a large bowl.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, seasoning salt, dried garlic and pepper.
- Using your hands, mix the ingredients until combined.
- Divide the meat mixture into quarters.
- Take ¼ of the meat mixture and press it with your hands into a hamburger patty about 2 cm thick.
- Make a notch in the middle of the patty to prevent the burger from bulging in the middle when grilling.
- Repeat with remaining meat mixture to form 4 burgers.
- Place the burgers on the grill.
- Grill for 4-5 minutes on one side.
- Flip the burgers and grill for another 4-5 minutes.
- If you are adding cheese, place a slice of cheese on each patty about 1 minute before removing the burgers from the grill to allow the cheese to melt.
- Serve the meat on hamburger buns with optional toppings.
We also have delicious recipes for lentil pancakes . Try a veggie burger or a meatball!
Discover similar tips
Burger with pulled pork
Although this burger will take more time than preparing a classic hamburger, the result is absolutely luxurious! You will love the combination of deliciously seasoned pulled pork and red cabbage!
- 1.2 kg pork shoulder
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 spoons of sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 teaspoons of salt
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried garlic
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
For red cabbage:
- 1 small head of red cabbage, shredded
- 4 large chopped carrots
- 4 thinly sliced spring onions
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 spoon of honey
- toasted hamburger buns
- chopped jalapeños
- fresh cilantro
- For the pulled pork, combine all ingredients except the meat in a slow cooker and stir with a spoon.
- Add the pork shoulder cut into 2 pieces and cover the slow cooker.
- Set the cooking time to 8 hours on low.
- After 8 hours, use 2 forks to shred the pork and transfer it together with the remaining sauce to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, prepare the salad.
- Combine the chopped cabbage, carrot and onion in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the mustard, garlic, oil, vinegar, lime juice and honey.
- Season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Mix with the vegetable mixture and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Now you can assemble the burgers: Place the pulled pork on the bottom of the hamburger bun, top with the vegetable mixture, garnish with cilantro and jalapeños, and cover with the other half of the bun.
- Enjoy it!
Try our other 6 excellent recipes with minced meat . Which variant will become your favorite?
Grilled chicken burger
A great hamburger doesn’t have to be just a beef one. Try using chicken and you will be pleasantly surprised!
- 300 g of chicken meat, ground or finely chopped
- 50 g of freshly ground breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 finely chopped onion
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 20 ml of sunflower oil
- 4 white buns sprinkled with sesame seeds – preferably soft, suitable for burgers
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 slices of hard cheese
- tomatoes cut into slices
- ketchup to serve
- Put the chicken, breadcrumbs, egg, onion, salt and pepper in a bowl and knead well.
- Divide the resulting mass into four parts and form a patty from each.
- Put the meat on a hot grill.
- Cook the burgers for 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Cut the buns and fill them: put a lettuce leaf underneath, then tomatoes, cheese, chicken burger, onions and lettuce on top.
- Cover with a bun and you can serve with ketchup.
Mini beef burgers with beetroot
These simple and colorful mini beef burgers with beetroot are ready in just a few minutes! They are juicy, full of flavor (and vegetables!) and you can easily serve them to your children.
- ½ tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 small red or white onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, pressed
- 500 g of ground lean beef
- 1 small raw beetroot, peeled and finely grated
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ teaspoon of ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 14 mini burger buns
- 1-2 avocados cut into slices
- 2 cucumbers cut into slices
- arugula or lettuce
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- Lightly grease the baking sheet with olive oil.
- Pour oil into the pan and fry the onion on a medium flame until soft, add the garlic and fry for another minute.
- Set aside to let the vegetables cool.
- In a large bowl, mash the ground beef with a fork to fluff it up.
- Mix well the cooled onion with the garlic, beetroot, egg, ground cumin, ground coriander, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- With wet hands, take a small handful of the mixture—a little larger than the size of a golf ball—and shape it into a ball.
- Place on a greased baking sheet and flatten to a thickness of about 2 cm.
- Once all the burgers are shaped, drizzle a little oil over them, cover with cling film and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to harden.
- Heat the oven to 220°C.
- Remove the foil from the burgers and place the tray in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until the burgers are cooked through.
- Serve in a mini bun with avocado, lettuce and tomato – or any combination you or your child will eat!
- You can of course also grill the burgers.
- Grill them for 3-4 minutes on each side until cooked through.
- Enjoy your meal!
You can prepare really high-quality minced meat at home. Its processing is simple. All you need is a really reliable meat grinder. Are you interested in how user-friendly electric meat eaters fared in our review ?
We can prepare a homemade hamburger from a variety of ingredients.
Beef, poultry or pork are among the most common basic ingredients.
However, fish meat, offal, sausages or vegetables can also be used.
And how did you like our recipes today? Write to us in the comments!