Juicy meat full of distinctive flavor, you will find it in these recipes for grilled neck!
Enjoy it in several different ways and find the best one that you like.
What do you start with?
Grilled pork neck in Thai style
The pork neck can either be roasted or grilled. The meat will be slightly charred on the outside and tender on the inside. And the sauce will be perfectly sweet and sour, spicy and salty. In other words, there’s nothing more you can do to make this recipe for grilled pork neck better.
What will we need
- 70 ml of fish sauce
- 2 spoons of soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons of cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon of juice from 1 lime
- 1.5 kg pork neck (belly or shoulder, cut into cubes)
- 200 g tamarind (or a mixture of rice sugar and cane sugar in a ratio of 1:1)
- 1 chili pepper (thinly sliced)
- In a small bowl, mix the fish sauce, soy sauce, 3 tablespoons cane sugar, and lime juice.
- Place the pork neck in the marinade and toss to coat evenly.
- Cover, refrigerate and marinate at least overnight, up to 2 days.
- Place the tamarind or tamarind substitute in a small bowl and add 1 tablespoon of the fish sauce and sugar along with the chopped chilies and stir to combine.
- Remove the neck from the marinade and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Grill the meat pieces over indirect heat in a covered grill until the meat is tender and the surface is charred, about 45 minutes.
- Alternatively, place the pork neck on a foil-lined baking sheet, cover with foil and bake in a preheated oven at 180°C until tender and browned, about 45 minutes.
- Let rest for 20 minutes, then slice and serve with tamarind sauce.
Whole neck of the neck baked on the grill
Grilled pork neck is an affordable ingredient and is great for grilling. Here we show you a recipe to turn these necks into tempting, juicy and tasty meat from the grill. Prepare crispy homemade croquettes for it and bring everything to perfection!
What will we need
- 1 piece of pork neck
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons of barbecue seasoning
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped herbs
- Pat the pork neck dry.
- We smear the meat with mustard so that it is completely covered with a thin layer.
- Sprinkle the meat with plenty of spices.
- Make sure the whole pork neck is covered with the spices and herbs.
- Let the meat rest outside for 15 minutes.
- Grill the pork neck for 3-3.5 hours* over moderate heat over indirect heat.
- In the last stage, move the pork neck to direct heat.
- Grill quickly on all sides to give the meat a nice pan.
- Let the meat rest for 20 minutes before slicing thinly.
* When grilling meat for a longer time, it is always better to grill over indirect heat. So if you’re using a gas grill, you only light one part of the grill and place the meat on the side you didn’t light. This way, the meat does not get directly into the heat. If using charcoal, put the charcoal on one side and the meat on the other.
Discover similar tips
Grilled neck in the oven
Don’t have a grill? No problem, we will show you how to prepare a recipe for pork neck in the oven easily and quickly.
What will we need
- 500 g slices of pork neck
For the marinade
- 10 g spring onions
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 110 g of ginger
- 1½ tablespoons of rice wine
- ½ teaspoon of salt
For the dipping sauce
- 2 teaspoons Hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons of garlic sauce
- Rinse and dry the pork neck.
- Mix all the ingredients for the marinade in a large bowl, add the neck and leave to marinate for 1 hour.
- Mix the ingredients for the dressing.
- Preheat the oven in grill mode to 200°C.
- Place the marinated pork neck in a roasting pan, cover with aluminum foil and place in the oven.
- Bake the neck for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, turn and bake for another 15 minutes, still covered.
- Brush the pork neck with the sauce, cook for 1 minute, turn again, brush and cook for the last 1 minute without foil.
And since it can be quite hot at the grill and stove in the summer, make your time while cooking more pleasant and cool down thanks to the mobile air conditioner , which you can take with you anywhere. You can find out which one is the best in our review.
How to marinate a pork neck?
There are many ways to marinate a pork neck, but the most important thing is to choose a marinade that complements the flavor of the meat.
Pork neck is a fatty cut of meat, so it can give it a strong flavor of spices without losing its flavor.
Some good seasonings for marinating pork neck include soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, garlic, and ginger.
When marinating the pork neck, do not forget to massage the marinade into the meat so that it is evenly distributed. You can also make shallow cuts in the meat to help the marinade penetrate deeper. Marinate the pork neck for at least 3 hours, preferably overnight.