Are you in the mood for something good that will reliably fill you up?
Don’t want to experiment with flavors?
Then we have prepared recipes for fluffy dumplings just for you!
Try the stuffed, mushroom or zucchini versions.
Enjoy your meal!
Fluffy raw potato dumplings
Prepare this basic recipe for sliders, which you can then combine with ingredients to your liking.
- 1 kg of raw potatoes
- 250 g semi-coarse flour
- 1 egg
- Peel the potatoes, grate them finely and squeeze the liquid out of them.
- Add eggs and flour and mix the dough.
- The dough should have a thicker consistency, so that it can be shaped into gnocchi or dumplings.
- Boil the dumplings in salted boiling water, cut them out with a pre-soaked spoon.
- Let it come to a boil and gently stir with a wooden spoon so that all the dumplings come off the bottom
- Cook in an uncovered saucepan for about twelve minutes.
- Carefully remove the cooked dumplings with a colander.
- Dumplings can be served with steamed spinach and pork on cumin or with fried bacon and fried onions.
We also have recipes for homemade dumplings , leavened and unleavened. Taste them all!
Fluffy mushroom dumplings
A very tasty and hearty dish that you can serve either on its own or as a side dish to any meat with juice.
- 4 – 5 medium-sized potatoes
- mushrooms to taste (champignon, button mushroom…)
- semi-coarse flour as needed
- 1 egg
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- ground cumin
- pork lard
- sprig of parsley
- First, we smother cleaned and chopped mushrooms.
- Fry in lard until all the water has evaporated.
- We add a little salt, pepper and sprinkle with crushed knin.
- Leave to cool, pour off the excess lard and chop finely.
- In the meantime, we can prepare the potatoes.
- Clean, wash and grate finely.
- Add chopped mushrooms, 1 egg, salt, pepper and parsley.
- If necessary, we also add semi-coarse flour to create a thicker dough from which dumplings can be shaped.
- And we just shape balls with wet hands and put them in boiling salted water.
- Carefully peel off the bottom and let it cook for 10-12 minutes.
- When they float, take them out and immediately grease them with butter or oil.
- We serve it as a separate dish, for example with a cream-onion dip, or bacon, sauerkraut and the like.
Sliders filled with smoked meat and cabbage
Try this hearty, folky and delicious dish! It perfectly warms and satisfies even the pickiest palate.
- 400 g potatoes, raw
- 400 g potatoes, boiled
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 200 g ground crackers
- 200 g of smoked pork, cooked and minced
- ground black pepper and salt to taste
- 2 eggs
- 400 g semi-coarse flour
- 1 kg of sauerkraut
- 150 g of bacon
- 2 large onions
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 200 g of sour cream
- 400 ml of milk
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- water (for dilution)
- 1 spoon of sugar
- Grind cracklings and smoked cooked meat.
- Add eggs and pepper.
- Boil half of the potatoes and then mash them.
- Add the mash and the other half of the potatoes, grated on a large mesh, to the bowl with the meat and cracklings.
- Next, add salt and flour.
- Mix everything.
- Let’s refrigerate for an hour.
- Meanwhile, put the bacon cut into 1 cm cubes and the onion cut into half moons into the pot.
- Let it sizzle properly until crackles start to remain from the bacon, then add pressed garlic and sugar.
- Let’s cook for a while..
- Add sauerkraut and water from it.
- Simmer and stir until the water evaporates.
- Mix the milk and cream with the flour and cover with the cabbage mixture.
- Cook for at least 20 minutes.
- From the mixture, which we set aside in the cold, he forms a ball about the size of a tennis ball.
- Grease a baking pan with oil and bake the balls in it for half an hour at 200 °C.
- Then add the cabbage and bake for another half hour.
- Enjoy it!
Take a look at our recipes for dumplings and prepare this popular Slovak dish for yourself and your loved ones for any occasion.
Discover similar tips
Fluffy zucchini dumplings
Try a healthier version of “gliders” made from zucchini. It’s delicious! Best served with cabbage and roast pork.
- 2 eggs
- 1 zucchini
- 1 tablespoon semolina
- 2 rolls
- 200 g coarse flour
- salt to taste
- garlic, onion and lard for garnish
- Peel, hollow out and finely grate the zucchini.
- We squeeze out the excess water, add semolina, eggs and rolls cut into cubes, add salt and mix everything.
- We form small balls from the dough, which we cook in salted water for 15 – 20 minutes.
- We serve the finished dumplings with onions and garlic fried in lard, or add cabbage and roasted pork.
Vegan barefoot shoes
Even vegans can enjoy the fluffy dumplings, and they certainly won’t overwhelm even the biggest carnivores, because they are absolutely luxurious!
- 2 kg of type C potatoes
- plain flour as needed
- sauerkraut to serve
- smoked tofu to serve
- onions for serving
- pepper and salt to taste
- paprika to taste
- Peel half of the potatoes, cut them into smaller pieces and boil them.
- Peel the second half and finely grate it.
- We squeeze all the water out of them and put them aside while we cook the rest of the potatoes.
- Drain the boiled potatoes, mash them and let them cool.
- Add flour, salt and mix.
- Add grated potatoes and process into a stiff dough.
- If the dough is thin, add more flour.
- You will probably use about 250 g of flour for the dough, maybe more.
- We make balls from the dough, which we gradually put into boiling salted water.
- Stir the water occasionally to prevent the dumplings from sticking to the bottom.
- We cook for about 5 minutes.
- You can tell when the dumpling is ready when it floats to the surface.
- Cut the smoked tofu into small cubes, drain the water from the cabbage and finely chop the onion.
- Heat the oil in a wok pan or pot and fry the tofu.
- Add salt, pepper and ground paprika (preferably smoked) to it.
- When the tofu is nice and crispy, add the onion and fry until translucent.
- Then add the sauerkraut, mix and let it soften under the lid.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Finally, mix the fluffy dumplings with the cabbage and serve.
The already mentioned cabbage is the best for hairy dumplings. We will cook them according to our own taste, because the preparation of cabbage varies considerably from region to region.
Some people are used to only seasoned cabbage, some add fried onions, some tolerate cabbage thickened with broth.
Also try our stewed cabbage recipes in 5 different variations. Which one will you choose?
What is the difference between sliders and dumplings?
Hairy dumplings are somewhere on the border between potato dumplings and gnocchi.
- Dough for potato dumplings is prepared from boiled potatoes.
- For gnocchi, we prepare the dough from raw potatoes.
- We make fluffy dumplings from a dough made from boiled potatoes in combination with raw potatoes, but there are also versions where only raw potatoes are used.
And how did you like our recipes for fluffy dumplings? Write to us in the comments!