Legumes have a lot of supporters, but also detractors.
When they are successful, they are satiated and happy.
But when they are not cooked, they can be hard and difficult to digest.
We have prepared 8 easy legume recipes for you that absolutely everyone can handle!
How to include beans, chickpeas, lentils or peas in your diet as deliciously as possible?
Cream of white beans with rosemary
This cream is quick to prepare, has an amazing taste and is also a great warming dish that will come in handy on these cold days. Top the cream with crispy bacon and serve with fresh bread and you are guaranteed success!
- 3 cans (425ml each) white cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups chopped yellow onion
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 large sprig of fresh rosemary
- 1 and 1/2 liters of chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- cayenne pepper to taste (optional)
- bacon for garnish
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and sauté for about 15 minutes, or until soft and golden.
- Add the garlic and sauté for another few minutes.
- Next, add the beans, stock, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender, food processor, or regular blender to blend the soup until smooth.
- Add cayenne pepper to taste.
- Top with crispy bacon.
- Enjoy your meal!
Try our other luxurious bean soup recipes ! You will enjoy it and strengthen your immunity.
Green lentil and soy salad
Prepare a healthy and tasty salad of legumes and fresh vegetables. A dressing of lemon, herbs and Dijon mustard also gives it the right zest and luxurious taste.
- 125 g green lentils
- 540 ml canned soy, rinsed and drained
- zest of 2 lemons
- 125 g chopped red onion
- 7 g of pressed garlic
- 250 g of finely chopped red pepper
- 250 g of finely chopped green pepper
- 250 g finely chopped celeriac
- 60 g of finely chopped chives
For the topping:
- 30 ml of lemon juice
- 15 ml of rice wine vinegar
- 15 ml of soy sauce
- 5 ml coarse Dijon mustard
- 5 g of pressed garlic
- 7 g finely chopped shallots
- 1 g crushed fennel seeds
- 1 g crushed red chili flakes
- 30 g chopped fresh parsley
- 15 g of chopped fresh oregano
- 1 g each of salt and ground black pepper
- 75 ml rapeseed oil
- Combine the lentils and 375ml water in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until lentils are tender, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Drain and cool.
- In a bowl, combine the cooked lentils, soybeans, lemon zest, onion, garlic, paprika, celeriac and chives.
- Stir to combine the ingredients.
- Now prepare the topping.
- In a separate bowl, mix the lemon juice, vinegar, soy sauce, mustard, garlic, shallot, fennel seeds, chili flakes, parsley, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Whisk the canola oil into the mixture.
- Add the dressing to the salad.
- Mix and refrigerate for at least 4 hours to allow the flavors to develop.
- Enjoy your meal!
Vegan Garlic Chickpea Soup
This soup is not only incredibly easy to make, but it also tastes great and is amazingly creamy. You only need basic ingredients for it, including chickpeas, potatoes, garlic and spices.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil and more for garnish
- 3 large garlic cloves, chopped or pressed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon of dried rosemary
- ½ teaspoon of dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon chili flakes
- 2 cans (425 ml each) of chickpeas
- 180 g potatoes, cut into cubes
- 2 cups (480 ml) vegetable broth
- salt and black pepper to taste
- First, pour one can of chickpeas, including the liquid, into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat, add the garlic and sauté for about 1 minute, or until fragrant.
- Add the blended chickpeas, the second can of drained chickpeas, diced potatoes, paprika, rosemary, thyme, chilli flakes and some freshly ground pepper and mix well.
- Add stock and mix again.
- Cover the pot with a lid, increase the flame to medium and bring the soup to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Taste the soup and season to taste.
- Serve hot with freshly ground pepper and a drizzle of olive oil, don’t forget the crusty bread.
We also have other recipes for chickpea soups in the most delicious variants. Get inspired!
Try this 3-bean stew, which is tasty and hearty, prepared vegan and gluten-free. It tastes great with rice, for example, which soaks up the wonderful taste of the sauce and comes to life wonderfully.
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of hot smoked paprika
- 2,400 g canned chopped tomatoes
- 400 g canned cannellini beans
- 400 g canned red kidney beans
- 400 g canned butter beans
- 100 ml of vegan cream
- 1 tablespoon of sunflower oil
- ground salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and add the onion.
- Sauté over low heat for 10-15 minutes until the onions are soft and beginning to brown and caramelize.
- Stir in the spicy smoked paprika and sauté for another minute.
- Add the tomatoes and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Gently mix in all the beans.
- Bring back to a boil, reduce heat, cover and cook for 5 minutes to reheat the beans thoroughly.
- Remove from heat and let stand covered for 5 minutes.
- Gently stir in the cream and season with freshly ground salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with rice or pieces of crusty bread.
You may also find our reviews of gas stoves useful, in which we tell you everything important and also mention popular combined models.
Discover similar tips
Who does not know lentils prepared with vinegar and onion! It has many supporters, but also detractors. Prepare it according to our recipe and we believe you will enjoy it.
- 3 cups cooked lentils
- 1 onion
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 tablespoon of vinegar
- Fry the onion and garlic sprinkled with flour in the oil.
- Add the lentils and water lightly.
- Cook for 3 minutes, stir.
- Season with salt, vinegar and marjoram.
- Serve with an egg.
Try our other recipes with 6x lenses in a different way ! We have variants with green, red and black lenses for you.
There are also conflicting opinions on pea mash. However, we like it very much and we hope that you will give it a chance too! Try our simple recipe.
- 2 cups of boiled peas
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- salt, pepper, marjoram
- Fry the onion until golden, add the peas and simmer.
- Salt and pepper.
- Add pressed garlic and mix the mash.
- Serve with any cold meat.
Roasted broad beans on garlic with bacon and coriander
Incredibly simple Portuguese food, but bursting with strong flavor. Makes a great side dish at your party!
- 2 x 500 g frozen peeled fava beans
- 6 slices of bacon, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, pressed
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Place the beans in an ovenproof dish.
- Cover with boiling water and let stand for 5 minutes or until thawed.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over high heat.
- Add the bacon and garlic and sauté, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until the bacon is crisp and golden.
- Add the beans and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until the beans are heated through.
- Stir in cilantro.
- Pour the mixture into a serving dish.
- Serve immediately.
Red lentil soup with vegetables
This hearty soup is made from simple ingredients such as red lentils, onions, garlic, carrots and celery stalks. Seasoned with cumin, lemon and coriander, the result is a luxurious, warming soup that the whole family will love!
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 large onion
- 2 peeled carrots
- 3 stalks of celery stalks
- 4 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon of tomato puree
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 6 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 and ½ cups red lentils
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- salt and pepper to taste
- Dice the carrot, onion and celeriac.
- In a large pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the diced vegetables and stir occasionally until soft (about 5 minutes).
- Add the garlic and sauté for another minute.
- Next, add the tomato puree, cumin and cook until the cumin is fragrant (about 2 minutes).
- Stir in the lentils and stock.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, for 30 minutes or until lentils are cooked and vegetables are tender.
- Add lemon juice and cilantro.
- Taste and season as needed before serving.
Also check out 5 World Recipes for Red Lentil Soups . Which one will you try to make?
Due to their high protein content, legumes are suitable for the diet of children, athletes and seniors.
Do not stir them during boiling, only occasionally shake the entire pot in which they are cooked.
Which legume and which recipe scores for you? Show off in the comments section below the article!