This article brings you the best breakfast ideas.
Whether you’re in the mood for a healthy, English or sweet option, you’ll find them all here!
Try one of these breakfast recipes and have a great day right from the morning!
Healthy breakfast with eggs
Scrambled eggs with broccoli, tomatoes and wholemeal bread are the perfect way to start your day healthy and fresh.
What will we need
- 100 g broccoli, halved
- 200 g of cherry tomatoes
- 4 medium-sized eggs
- 2 slices of whole wheat toast or bread.
- 2 teaspoons of seeds (for example sunflower, pumpkin, sesame and flax)
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- a pinch of chili
- Heat the oven to 120 degrees, put toasted bread on a baking sheet.
- Start boiling water.
- Add the broccoli and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, return to the boil and cook for 30 seconds.
- Transfer the vegetables to a warm oven tray and remove the bread.
- Crack the eggs into the pan, one at a time, for about 3 minutes, or until the whites are set and the yolks are runny.
- Place the broccoli and tomatoes on the toasted bread.
- Add egg on top of vegetables and sprinkle with seeds and drizzle with oil.
- Season with a little black pepper and chili flakes and serve immediately.
You can find more inspiration for deliciousrecipes with toasted bread here.
To toast bread quickly, use a quality toaster , take a look at our latest and choose the best one!
Healthy breakfast for work
This quick breakfast recipe is ideal when you’re running out of time in the morning, don’t feel like eating or like to sleep in. Pack a delicious turkey burrito to go in a box the day before.
What will we need
- 250 g sweet potatoes, cut into small pieces
- 250 g yellow onion, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1 red pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 jalapeños, roughly chopped
- 500 g of lean turkey sausage
- 200 g of cheese, goat cheese or sharp cheddar
- 6 large eggs
- 90 ml of milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- whole wheat tortillas
- Preheat the oven to 200°.
- Spread the sweet potatoes, onions and peppers on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Mix the vegetables with olive oil, salt and chipotle powder.
- Bake at 200° for 35 minutes.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the jalapeños for about 1 minute.
- Add the sausage and cook for another 5-7 minutes until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a separate non-stick pan, cook the eggs, milk and a pinch of salt and pepper over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- To assemble a burrito, fill each tortilla with an egg, roasted vegetables, turkey sausage, and your favorite cheese.
- Twist the edges of the tortilla towards the center and roll into a burrito.
- Wrap the burrito in foil and place in an airtight container.
We serve hot or cold drinks for breakfast. It can be fresh juice, herbal or fruit tea, warm milk, cocoa, white coffee or coffee drinks.
You can also easily prepare coffee drinks in a Dolce Gusto coffee machine . In both hot and cold versions.
Discover similar tips
Sweet healthy breakfast for children
These white chocolate raspberry scones are bursting with the sweet taste of white chocolate and tart raspberries in every bite. They are the perfect way to teach children to eat breakfast and to teach them to like healthy foods.
What will we need
- 200 g of coconut flour
- 30 g stevia powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 tbsp ghee (cold, diced)
- 1 egg
- 120 ml of coconut milk
- 60 g of white chocolate chips
- 60 g of fresh raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, butter and salt and mix to combine until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Whisk the eggs and cream together in a small bowl.
- Mix the eggs and cream into the butter mixture, adding more cream as needed to hold the batter together.
- Add the white chocolate chips and raspberries and mix.
- The easiest is to use your hands.
- Raspberries will fall apart – that’s okay!
- Form two patties from the dough and cut them into 6 triangles.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until just lightly browned on top.
Healthy cottage cheese breakfast
A quick breakfast with cottage cheese or yogurt will immediately make your day a little better. It’s perfect for anyone who isn’t quite an early bird, but still wants to enjoy it! Try this recipe for a healthy bowl full of delicious ingredients.
What will we need
- 125 g semi-fat cottage cheese or pure Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon of flax seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon of almond butter
- 1 cup assorted fresh fruit (chopped strawberries + bananas, nectarine petals, blueberries, etc.)
- 2 tablespoons of granola
- honey for drizzling
- coconut flakes for sprinkling
- Put cottage cheese or yogurt in a bowl and add fruit, granola and garnish with honey and coconut.
Why should we have breakfast?
Everyone knows that a healthy breakfast is the foundation of the day, but why? You will find out in the text below.
The benefits of breakfast
- BMI reduction
- You consume less fat during the day
- Meeting the recommended daily intake of fruit and vegetables
- Increasing daily calcium intake
- Increasing daily fiber intake
- Better performance (memory and attention)
If you start the morning with a full breakfast, you have less desire to eat less nutritious things during the day, which we often do out of hunger.
What causes skipping breakfast
- More likely overweight
- More likely to eat junk food
- Studies in children and adolescents have shown that those who skip breakfast tend to be overweight.
More worryingly, a link has been found between skipping breakfast and other risky behaviors such as smoking and experimenting with drugs and alcohol.