Are you looking for a recipe for a simple summer and winter dinner ?
Try one of our pumpkin soup recipes!
We have several variants and it is up to you which one you choose.
You will like the vegan version with coconut milk or the spicy one gourmet version?
Try them all!
Pumpkin Soup Recipe (Basic)
The simplest and best-known variant of pumpkin soup cannot be missing from our list. If you are new to Hokkaido, be sure to try this delicious soup recipe. When you are confident in kramflek, do not be afraid to experiment with different additional ingredients , such as roasted nuts, carrots or chili.
- Pumpkin weighing 1.2 kg
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled, whole
- 750 ml of vegetable or chicken broth
- 50 ml of water
- Salt and pepper
- 150 ml of cream
- Cut the pumpkin into 3 cm slices. Peel the skin and scoop out the pulp with the seeds. Cut into pieces.
- Put the pumpkin, onion, garlic, broth and water in a pot and bring to a boil. Cook over low heat until the pumpkin is soft.
- Remove from the heat and use an immersion blender to blend until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper and add the cream.
- Serve garnished with a little cream.
Do you prefer watching recipe videos? Watch the video recipe for this great pumpkin soup :
Creamy Hokkaido Pumpkin Soup
As the name suggests, this version of the soup is full of spices and exotic ingredients. But you don’t have to worry, only you choose the level of heat .
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 cups carrots, quartered
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 medium Hokkaido pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons of chili
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 cups of vegetable broth
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 can of coconut milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Cut the pumpkin in half and scoop out the inside.
- Place cut side down on baking sheet and add carrots and onions. Drizzle everything with olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake for about 30 minutes, then add the garlic and bake for another 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Put all the baked ingredients in a blender and add the spices, stock and lime juice. Blend until smooth.
- Add the coconut milk and stir.
- If the soup is warm enough, you can serve it immediately. Otherwise, pour into a saucepan and heat over low heat.
Try other creamy soups that will warm you up not only in winter.
Discover similar tips
Gluten-free roasted pumpkin soup (vegan)
The healthier version of Hokkaido pumpkin cream soup will surprise you with its full taste and will not burden the organism or our planet more than is absolutely necessary. Discover the magic of a vegan version of pumpkin soup that will caress your tummy from the inside .
- half a Hokkaido pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 160 g of vegetable stock
- 70 g of coconut milk
- salt to taste
- coconut milk
- pumpkin oil
- roasted pumpkin seeds
- Cut the pumpkin in half, scoop out the seeds and rub the inside with olive oil and salt.
- Bake in the oven cut down at 200°C for about 20 minutes. Then turn cut side up and roast for another 10 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender.
- Peel the pumpkin if it has a hard skin and cut it into cubes.
- Put the pumpkin in a blender, pour in the stock and add the coconut milk and salt. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the soup into a pot and cook for a few minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with a drizzle of pumpkin oil, coconut milk and sprinkled with roasted pumpkin seeds.
Are you interested in a healthy lifestyle and do you like trying vegan recipes? Then you have to try the delicious vegan leek treats !
Hokkaido soup with caramelized onions
The sweet taste of roasted pumpkin complements perfectly with other sweet ingredients. Try, for example , a delicious combination with caramelized onions , which will elevate your soup to a gourmet experience !
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 medium onions cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 can of pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- pumpkin seeds for decoration
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over low heat. Add the chopped onion and sauté for about 15 minutes. Add a pinch of salt and sauté for another 5 minutes. Be careful not to burn the onion.
- When the onions are done, add the lemon juice. Stir and scrape up any baked-on bits from the bottom of the pot. Cook until the liquid is almost completely evaporated.
- Then add the pumpkin, paprika, garlic, salt, pepper and broth and let it cook for about 5 minutes.
- Blend until smooth using a stick blender.
- Serve hot, garnished with pumpkin seeds.
Do you like the taste of caramelized onions? Try the best onion soup recipes .
Pumpkin soup with ginger and carrots
Another of the great vegan soups will please even true gourmets . Try an oriental combination with ginger and sweet carrots that the whole family will enjoy.
- 4 carrots
- 1 piece of fresh ginger
- 500 ml of water
- 0.5 teaspoons of salt
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- pumpkin oil for garnish
- 0.5 teaspoons of shredded coconut
- Peel the ginger and grate half of it. Cut the other half of the ginger into small pieces.
- Peel and cut the carrots into thicker rounds.
- Heat the coconut oil in a saucepan and add the chopped carrot and ginger. Sauté until the carrots begin to brown. Add water, bring to a boil and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Blend until smooth using a stick blender.
- Add salt and bring to a boil.
- Serve hot, sprinkled with grated ginger, coconut and drizzled with pumpkin oil.
Are you interested in how kitchen waste shredders work ? Take a look! We will also advise you on their selection.
Do you already know which variant of pumpkin soup will win for you?
Whichever one you choose, it is best enjoyed hot, served with fresh crusty bread .
Do you dare to bake your own sandwiches or baguettes?
Check out our great tips and recipes for baking homemade pastries that you can do !