Do you love muesli, but would like to prepare it yourself, healthier and cheaper?
Then try our recipes for homemade muesli 5 different ways!
Here you will find great instructions on how to easily make this delicacy and have it on hand at any time.
Unbaked muesli bars
These muesli bars are ideal as a snack for children, but also for you. You can prepare them the night before you want to eat them and they will be ready in the morning. Use whatever dried fruit and seeds you have in your pantry!
- 1 and 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup goji berries
- 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon of chia seeds
- 110 g of butter
- 1/3 cup coconut or cane sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- Line an 18 x 27 cm baking sheet with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, mix everything except the butter, sugar and honey.
- Place these remaining three ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir until the sugar dissolves, then leave to simmer for 5 minutes without stirring.
- The mixture will bubble, then drop a teaspoon of the mixture into cold water as a test.
- If a caramel ball forms, it’s done.
- Pour the mixture over the dry ingredients and stir quickly until combined.
- Spread evenly on a baking sheet and put in the fridge for a few hours.
- Cut into desired pieces and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one month.
Also try our great and healthy oatmeal porridge recipes in sweet and savory versions!
Muesli biscuits with raisins
An excellent and healthy snack not only for children! With our instructions, you can prepare these wonderful cookies twice.
- ¼ cup cane sugar
- ½ cup honey
- 90 g of softened butter
- 1 egg
- 1 and ½ cups plain flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¼ cup sultanas
- ¼ cup coconut
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Line two trays with baking paper.
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
- Place the butter and sugar in an electric mixer and beat until smooth.
- Add eggs, whisking to combine.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until everything is combined.
- Roll two tablespoons of the muesli mixture into balls, press to form a cookie and flatten onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Place them about 3 cm apart.
- Place the trays in the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to wire racks.
If you are tired of having eggs for breakfast every day as part of your keto or low carb diet, this muesli recipe is for you. And you only need a few ingredients for it!
- ⅓ cup hemp seeds
- ⅔ cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- ¼ cup chopped hazelnuts
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and fill the keto muesli into a suitable container.
- Serve with plain Greek yogurt or low-carb milk of your choice (like unsweetened almond milk).
- Store keto muesli in an airtight container and use within 4 weeks.
Discover similar tips
Vanilla protein bars
Luxurious homemade muesli bars with vanilla protein and amazing chocolate chips that you can take with you anytime, anywhere as a quick snack!
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup vanilla protein powder
- 2 tablespoons of ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup almond butter (or any nut butter)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius and prepare a 20×20 cm baking pan.
- Spray the baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the oatmeal, protein powder, flaxseed, cinnamon, and salt.
- Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the almond butter, honey, almond milk, and vanilla.
- Mix until everything is completely combined.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and mix until completely incorporated.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Use a spatula or your hands to spread the mixture evenly and press down firmly.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until the edges start to brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool in the baking tray for 20 minutes before cutting into bars.
Homemade baked muesli
Your whole family will thank you for this recipe! Muesli is much tastier than store-bought, and as a bonus it has less sugar and fat.
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 3/4 cup sunflower or pumpkin seeds
- 3/4 cup mixed raw nuts of your choice (coarsely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sultanas
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped
- Mix the oatmeal, coconut, seeds, nuts and cinnamon.
- Place the mixture on a large shallow baking tray.
- Drizzle with a little cooking oil.
- Bake at 150 degrees Celsius for about 25 minutes or until golden.
- Stir occasionally.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- Add the sultanas and chopped dried apricots (or other dried fruit) and mix well.
- Store in a large airtight container.
How to eat homemade muesli?
- The most basic and common way to consume muesli is to add an equal amount of your favorite milk to a serving of muesli .
- Try heating the milk and then letting the muesli soak in the hot milk for a few minutes so that it softens slightly and is a bit like oatmeal. You can also cover the muesli with cold milk in a microwave-safe bowl and then heat the whole mixture in the microwave.
- Instead of classic milk, you can also try your favorite white or flavored yogurt or coconut milk .
- Add chopped fresh, frozen or dried fruit .
You may also find our reviews of the 3 most popular yogurt makers worth investing in useful! You will not only have homemade muesli, but also your own homemade yogurt.
And how did you like our recipes today? Write to us in the comments!