It’s simple, chicken cutlets are coated in flour, beaten egg and breadcrumbs, finally fried and it’s done.
But who cares, it’s so boring and over and over again … that’s why we’ve prepared these recipes for unusual chicken schnitzel that you’ll love!
Try them and see, the whole family will love them!
Chicken cutlets in yogurt
Chicken marinated in yogurt will be completely tender and juicy after frying or baking.
What will we need
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 150 ml of white yogurt
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 egg
- 200 g of cornflakes
- Cut the meat into smaller pieces, pound slightly.
- Salt, pepper, mix with yogurt and olive oil.
- Leave to marinate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C.
- Put the cornflakes in a bag and crush them slightly with a rolling pin.
- Mix the beaten egg to the meat in the marinade.
- We then wrap the individual pieces of meat in the prepared cornflakes.
- Place them in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Drizzle with olive oil and bake for about 25 minutes until golden.
- We can turn once during baking, but it is not necessary.
Chicken cutlets baked in the oven
The inverted cutlets are finished cooking in the oven, so they are not so fatty and remain juicy. And roasted onions will give them an excellent taste.
What will we need
- 4 pieces of chicken breast
- 2 eggs
- 2 onions, cut into strips
- minced dried garlic
- frying oil
- Pound the meat, salt, pepper and sprinkle with dried garlic.
- We first wrap it in breadcrumbs, press it into the meat a lot.
- Then brush with salted eggs mixed with a little milk.
- Immediately place in a pan with heated oil and fry on both sides.
- Remove the meat and fry the onion in the same pan.
- Transfer the onion to the baking dish, spread the meat on it.
- Put pieces of butter on the meat.
- Add a few spoonfuls of water and bake in an oven heated to 200°C for approximately 25 minutes.
- We can pour the baking over the meat.
You can easily prepare meals from one pan with a pan with a removable handle. You can also put it in the oven. See how pans with removable handles fared in our review .
Discover similar tips
Chicken thigh steaks in sour marinade
How do fried chicken thighs achieve the crispness and juiciness we are used to in fast food? You have to try this recipe for chicken cutlets and finally find out what the secret is!
For the marinade
- 1 tablespoon of yellow mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon of brown mustard seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 250 ml of apple cider vinegar
- 80 g of salt
- 40 g of sugar
- 30 g chopped fresh dill
On the chicken
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, halved
- Vegetable oil
- 500 ml of buttermilk
- 500 g plain flour
- Honey, flaky sea salt, sesame seeds, hot sauce (to serve)
- Toast the mustard and coriander seeds in a dry medium saucepan over medium heat until the mustard seeds begin to crackle, about 3 minutes.
- Add the vinegar, salt and sugar and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cook, stirring frequently, until salt and sugar dissolve, about 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in dill and 4 cups water. We will let it cool down.
- Place chicken and brine in a large resealable plastic bag and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the brine, scrape out the seeds.
- Heat the oil in a pan over high heat.
- Meanwhile, put the buttermilk in a large bowl. Put the flour in another large bowl, season with salt.
- Coat the chicken in buttermilk, then roll in flour and transfer to a baking sheet.
- Fry chicken in hot oil until skin is dark golden brown and crispy and chicken is cooked through, 6-8 minutes.
- Drizzle honey over chicken cutlets and sprinkle with sea salt and seeds.
- Served with spicy sauce.
Chicken cutlets in cheese batter
Tender steaks in a crispy cheese batter, they are quickly prepared and you can also enjoy this great meal on a festive occasion.
What will we need
- 600 g of chicken cutlets
- 2 dl of milk
- 60 g grated hard cheese
- 60 g plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 spoonful of Solamyl
- fat for frying
- Tap the cutlets, season with salt, pepper and rub with crushed garlic.
- We prepare a smooth dough from milk, eggs, flour, cheese, salt and solamyl, in which we wrap the cutlets.
- Fry in the upper layer of fat until pink.
We can also add cream, wine or beer to the dough instead of milk. In addition to the flour batter, the cutlets can also be coated in a thick potato or spicy batter.
We serve boiled potatoes or mashed potatoes with the schnitzels and complement it with a vegetable salad or fruit compote. Potato salad is also good.
Why eat chicken?
- It is an excellent source of proteins , which are necessary both for the support and increase of muscle mass, and for regeneration
- Due to its low fat content, it is well suited for reduction diets.
- Contains niacin , one of the B vitamins that affects the release of energy from carbohydrates and is involved in blood sugar control, niacin is also credited with reducing the risk of cancer
- It ensures the intake of selenium , which protects the body during stress, increases the efficiency of the immune system and is a prevention against the development of cancer
- It contains vitamin B6 , which together with niacin affects energy metabolism
- It is a source of phosphorus , which maintains healthy teeth and bones and has anti-inflammatory effects