Apricots are among the more acidic fruits, so they are especially popular in sweet cuisine, where they contrast nicely with sweet doughs, creams and sprinkles. Their main season is the beginning of summer, which is why many of us associate food with apricots - cottage cheese and sourdough dumplings, apricot buns and cakes and others - with the summer holidays .
Apricots are also great for canning , ripe fruits contain a high amount of natural pectin, which is responsible for the correct consistency of jams and marmalades. Apricot compotes and juices, which even a beginner can handle, are also popular.
Do you have an overabundance of apricots and don't know what to make of them? Try the proven dried apricots, they are healthy and in winter you can use them, for example, in the production of unbaked sweets . You can also try apricot chutney , which goes well with grilled sausages and roast meats.
If you want to get the most health benefits from apricots, eat them raw or make a tasty fresh fruit salad or blend into a delicious smoothie. Frozen apricots are perfect for winter, as they retain more vitamins than canned apricots.
Health benefits of apricots
Apricots are rightly considered one of the healthiest fruits. You don't have to worry about consuming them in practically any quantity. However, you must take into account that due to their high fiber content, they significantly affect the activity of the intestines - so if you eat them, you will probably digest them faster. But let's take a look at the specific health benefits of apricots:
- they are rich in vitamin A and iron
- in dried form they contain a high amount of protein
- contain a number of trace elements (potassium, manganese, fluorine, boron)
- they naturally strengthen immunity thanks to their provitamin A content
- they increase the body's resistance to infections
- has a positive effect on upper respiratory tract infections
- has a beneficial effect on eczema
- help with eye problems (night blindness, conjunctival irritation)
- due to their high mineral content, they increase appetite and reduce the risk of depression
- they are effective in detoxifying and deacidifying the body
- they help with blood formation and the iron from them is excellently absorbed by the body
- they improve the quality of hair, nails and skin
- they can help in the treatment of cancer
As you can see, apricots are very beneficial for our health, both in raw and dried form. Do you prefer them cooked? Prepare delicious fruit dumplings , for example , and if you want to make them not only tasty, but also nutritious, sprinkle them with grated cottage cheese rich in healthy proteins.