You make the best pasta salad if you mix in your favorite ingredients . Don't worry about the fact that you don't like certain types of vegetables and prepare a tasty lunch from what you like.
Simple recipes for cold pasta salads
Don't worry about cooking dense meals on hot days and make a light pasta salad for lunch or dinner. You don't have to worry about being hungry, just use the right ingredients. Remember that you must always have carbohydrates (pasta), fats ( mayonnaise or yogurt dressing , olive oil), proteins (meat or cheese) and a source of vitamins and minerals (fresh vegetables) in your salad. If you follow this simple rule, then even a cold pasta salad with mayonnaise can be a healthy and valuable meal.
If you are not a meat lover, you can try a simple pasta salad with vegetables you like. However, don't forget the source of protein - Balkan cheese, tofu or pickled chickpeas. Salads with eggs are also popular - try the pasta salad with boiled eggs or the hit of recent years - poached eggs on a light salad.
Pasta goes well with fattier toppings - a quick pasta salad with tartare is worth a try, which gives it a great taste in itself.
Warm pasta salads
Especially in the winter months, you can also warm yourself up with a pasta salad. Prepare it as a main dish, its preparation is easy and quick . The base is again cooked pasta. Mix them with your favorite vegetables, you can use both fresh and sterilized ones, e.g. peas or corn.
Pieces of chicken or turkey sautéed with herbs in a pan are excellent for a warm salad, and if you're in a hurry, you can help yourself by using semi-finished products. Such a pasta salad with ham is ready once or twice, and if you would like to increase your intake of healthy fish, prepare your favorite pasta salad with canned tuna.
5 tips on how to prepare a pasta salad
Pasta salads in all ways are popular especially due to their easy and quick preparation. The base is always cooked pasta - don't be afraid to try new shapes and prioritize quality over quantity.
- The best pasta is made from durum wheat , which does not boil and has a coarser surface structure, which better absorbs the taste of the other ingredients and dressing.
- Pasta salad is also a great way to use up leftover cooked pasta from the day before.
- Always prepare the salad fresh , long storage is not good for it.
- When preparing a cold salad, always let the cooked pasta cool well before mixing it with the other ingredients.
- Do not mix the meat prepared separately in the pan into the salad , serve it on top of the salad.