Do you love vegetable dishes? Then definitely try the cauliflower rice recipes.
Simple and yet very healthy food will please not only you, but also your loved ones.
You can make it for lunch, a snack, or even dinner. You have several options to choose from.
After all, what wouldn’t a person do for their health, especially if they also eat well.
Healthy cauliflower rice
Vegetables are a very grateful kind of ingredient for preparing anything we can think of. This recipe is very quick, easy and delicious. If you are a cauliflower lover, you will definitely love it. Also, don’t hesitate to take a look at the recipes for zucchini spread , because there are never enough vegetables.
- 1 large cauliflower divided into florets
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Juice from 1/2 chemically untreated lemon
- Clean the cauliflower and cut off as many stems as possible from the individual florets. Place the food processor in the container and pulse until the cauliflower resembles couscous.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- As soon as it is hot, add the onion and stir constantly for about 5-8 minutes.
- When the onion is golden on the edges and soft, add the cauliflower and stir to combine.
- Add about 1 teaspoon of salt and continue to cook, stirring frequently, until the cauliflower softens, it takes about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Set aside, transfer to a large serving bowl, garnish with parsley, drizzle with lemon juice and season with salt. Serve warm.
Cauliflower Fried Rice
Do you love risotto, but classic rice doesn’t suit you, so are you looking for a suitable alternative? This recipe is ideal for this purpose. Believe me, with the right adjustment, you won’t even know the difference. The preparation is quick, simple and the resulting dish will tickle your taste buds.
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger (about 2 cm)
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 2 large beaten eggs
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 diced onion
- 1/3 fresh chopped broccoli
- 2 peeled and grated carrots
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Clean the cauliflower, cut it into florets and put it in the bowl of a food processor. Mix for 1-3 minutes.
- Whisk soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger and white pepper in a small bowl, set aside for now.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a medium skillet over low heat.
- Add the eggs and fry for 2 minutes, then turn and leave for another 2 minutes on the other side.
- Let cool and then cut into small pieces.
- Put the remaining 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a large pan and heat it to a higher temperature.
- Add the garlic and onion and sauté, stirring frequently, until the onion turns translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the broccoli, carrots, corn, and peas and cook, stirring constantly, until the vegetables are soft.
- Add cauliflower, chopped eggs, green onion and soy sauce mixture.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until the cauliflower is heated through and tender.
- We serve immediately, or we can decorate with sesame seeds, which we toast for a while in a dry pan.
Cauliflower Indian curry with rice
Don’t let the name fool you, because you won’t find classic rice in this recipe. It is replaced by cauliflower. After all, fruits and vegetables should definitely not be missing from our menu. Well, if some dishes can be prepared in a slightly healthier version, there is certainly no need to avoid it.
- 1 medium cauliflower (approx. 400 g)
- 2 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon of mustard seed
- 1 green chili pepper cut into slices
- 10 – 12 curry leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1 and 1/2 tsp curry spice
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves
- First, cut the cauliflower into florets, cut off the hard parts and rinse.
- Place the rosettes in a food processor container and mix several times with the pulse button until we have a consistency similar to rice.
- Then heat the olive oil in a pan. Add cumin, mustard seeds, curry leaves, green chili pepper and stir-fry for approx. 30-60 seconds.
- Add ground ginger, prepared cauliflower rice, turmeric, curry spices, salt and fry.
- Stir to mix the flavors well. Cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, over medium heat.
- Before serving, add coriander leaves and mix well.
- This Indian spiced cauliflower rice can be served as a side dish with your favorite curry or as a separate dish.
Discover similar tips
As soon as any dish undergoes heat treatment through the oven, it again has a completely different taste than the one that was prepared on the stove. Anything baked has a luxurious taste and we like to return to such a recipe.
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 3 chopped cloves of garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice
- Cut out the stem and cut the cauliflower into small florets.
- Place in a food processor and blend until the cauliflower is small, similar to couscous or rice or couscous or rice. But we mustn’t overdo it so it doesn’t get mushy.
- Once the cauliflower is blended, preheat the oven to 220 degrees.
- Spray a larger baking pan or baking dish with cooking spray.
- Mix the cauliflower, olive oil, garlic, salt in a large bowl and transfer to the prepared baking dish.
- Spread evenly, place in the preheated oven and bake for about 25 minutes until the mixture is golden.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle with fresh parsley and drizzle with lemon juice.
Steak and rice
Meat lovers may argue that adding cauliflower to it is a little strange, but believe me, it’s a very tasty, yet completely simple combination.
- 250 g flank steak, cut into thin slices
- 4 tablespoons Tamari
- 1 tablespoon Shaoxing rice wine (or dry sherry can be used)
- 5 tablespoons of sunflower oil
- 2 lightly beaten large eggs
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 4 spring onions, cut into slices (cut the green and white parts separately)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 350-400 g cauliflower rice (cleaned and blended cauliflower)
- 2 teaspoons of sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil from roasted sesame
- In a medium bowl, mix the meat with 1 tablespoon tamari and rice wine (or sherry).
- Heat 1 tablespoon of sunflower oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the egg and cook, stirring constantly, for about 1 minute. Transfer to a bowl.
- Increase the temperature to medium high and add the first tablespoon of sunflower oil. Add the steaks.
- Fry on both sides until the steaks change color, about 2 to 3 minutes. Turn continuously so that the meat does not burn.
- Transfer the steaks together with the juice that accumulates in the pan to the bowl with the eggs.
- Add 1 tablespoon of sunflower oil, carrots and cook, stirring regularly, until the carrots start to soften, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in peas, garlic and ginger. Let it cook for another 3 minutes, stirring constantly
- Transfer the mixture to the bowl with the steaks and add the remaining 2 tablespoons of sunflower oil to the pan.
- Add the blended cauliflower and cook, stirring occasionally, until the cauliflower is soft. This takes about 5 minutes, sometimes a little longer.
- Mix in the reserved eggs, steak and vegetables and the remaining 3 tablespoons of tamari.
- Serve sprinkled with chopped spring onions, sesame seeds and drizzled with sesame oil.
Tamari is created during the production of miso paste . You can read about what miso paste is and what its basic types are in our article Cauliflower recipes .
Greek style cauliflower rice salad
If you are a fan of vegetables in any way, then this salad will make you lick all ten. The preparation is absolutely simple, fast and the taste is great thanks to the perfect combination of individual ingredients.
- 1/2 medium cauliflower
- 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup grape wine
- 1 cup arugula
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 3 green spring onions
- 1/4 cup pitted olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup Feta cheese, broken into pieces
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Cut the individual florets without the stem from the cauliflower and place them in the bowl of a food processor.
- Using the pulse button, mix several times in a row until the cauliflower looks like rice or couscous.
- Transfer the cauliflower prepared in this way to a microwave-safe bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil, mix, cover with a lid and heat at high temperature for 2 and ½ minutes. Pour the finished product onto a tray and let it cool.
- Cut the tomatoes in half, or quarters if they are larger.
- Roughly chop the arugula and parsley, thinly slice the green onion.
- Mix the cooled cauliflower rice, tomatoes, chopped arugula, parsley and green onions and olives.
- Whisk the remaining oil, lemon juice, vinegar and oregano, add to the bowl and finally add the feta cheese.
- Mix thoroughly and serve. This salad is also perfect as a so-called boxed snack, for example at work, training or school.
Choose carefully in the store
After harvesting, the cauliflower is stored with the leaves that cover its head. At home, we usually remove the leaves from the cauliflower and store it cleaned. Only the cauliflower that has a white and completely healthy head will last a really long time.
Room temperature is harmful to it, so it is good to keep it in the cold. For example, in a cold cellar it can easily last for 2 months, especially if we put it in plywood boxes. If you don’t have a cellar, you can use the fridge.
How to store in the refrigerator?
It is best to store a fresh head of cauliflower at a temperature between 6 and 8 degrees on the bottom shelf of the refrigerator. This way it lasts up to 8 days.
It is good to wrap it in parchment or paper to ensure sufficient air supply. As soon as blackened spots or the slightest hint of mold appear on the head, it is definitely ripe for throwing away, not eating. Boiled cauliflower can also be placed in the refrigerator, but do not leave it there for more than two days.
How to store cauliflower in the freezer?
If we want to store this type of vegetable in the freezer, we must first boil it for 5 minutes, disassembled into florets. Then let it cool and dry.
As soon as it is dry and cool, we put it in freezer or vacuum bags, or we put them in boxes intended for the freezer.
Cauliflower processed in this way will last a maximum of 1 year in the freezer. Its taste and consistency will not change in any way. However, we have to take into account that they lose a lot of useful nutrients during freezing.