If you haven’t tried marlenko balls recipes yet, then it’s high time.
They have an excellent taste, they are delicate, soft and one piece will definitely not be enough for you.
Surprise your loved ones and prepare them a treat for which they will carry you on their hands.
We have selected for you the most interesting variants, which we think will surely grow in your heart.
Classic marlenka balls
Do you have leftover gingerbread dough or baked gingerbread cookies that no one wants anymore? It’s definitely a shame to throw something like that away. Simply recycle this candy to make another one. Do not hesitate and browse the recipes for honey gingerbread , which are perfectly suited as a base for this delicacy.
For the base material:
- 30 dkg of honey gingerbread or gingerbread dough
- 8 dkg ground walnuts
- 5 dkg of melted unsalted butter
- Caramel cream
- 100 ml milk (or more, as needed)
For the caramel cream:
- 18 dkg of sugar
- 70 ml of water
- 150 ml whipping cream (at least 33%)
For the cream:
- 125 g of mascarpone
- 1 can of condensed milk
- Crumbs from gingerbread or honey dough
- First, we prepare the caramel cream, which we need as an ingredient in the base mixture.
- Put water, sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil to form a dark syrup. Don’t forget to stir so it doesn’t burn.
- Then remove from the heat and slowly pour in the cream while stirring constantly. We have to be careful because the mixture will bubble very wildly.
- Mix thoroughly and let cool.
- For the filling, put the condensed milk in a bowl, add the mascarpone and mix carefully, ideally with a hand mixer at low speed.
- Let it cool for at least 1 to 2 hours in the refrigerator so that the filling takes shape well.
- When the filling has hardened, take it out of the fridge and use a spoon to take small pieces and shape them into approx. 1.5 cm balls.
- We work quickly because the filling starts to melt under the heat of our hands. Put the finished balls back in the fridge for another hour.
- Blend the honey gingerbread into fine crumbs, add walnuts, melted butter, finished and cooled caramel cream and milk.
- We work out the mass/dough and always take a piece of the same size with a spoon, which we flatten a little, put one hardened filling in a ball on it and shape it into a marlen ball.
- Finally, we wrap it in gingerbread crumbs or honey dough, it depends on what we use.
Discover similar tips
Marlenka honey balls
If you love unbaked cookies, you certainly don’t have to wait until Christmas to prepare them. On the contrary, you can prepare this recipe at any time of the year, for example for a birthday party or a gathering with friends or family.
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 can of caramelized salk (already ready)
- 1 handful of ground walnuts
- 50 g of softened fresh unsalted butter
- 180 g of children’s biscuits
- Ground walnuts as needed
- Put finely crushed sponge cakes in a bowl, add ready-made salko, honey, ground nuts, softened butter and make a smooth mixture.
- If the dough is too thin, add even more sponge cake or nuts, on the contrary, add milk to a very thick dough.
- We take pieces of the same size from the mass, which we shape into balls.
- We prepare a ball into which we pour ground nuts and wrap each ball in them.
- Place the individual balls one at a time in a paper basket.
Healthy honey balls
Sometimes it can happen that a person is overcome by the desire for something good, sweet, but at the same time in a slightly healthier version. This is exactly what this delicious recipe will do for your taste buds.
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 and 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of coconut flour
- 1-2 handfuls of dried cranberries, almonds and pumpkin seeds (you can also use sunflower seeds, raisins, walnuts, flaxseed or anything else)
- Pour boiling water over the dates and let them stand for at least half an hour.
- Then we transfer them to the container of the food processor and mix them with the water in which we soaked them.
- Sprinkle oatmeal, coconut flour, dried cranberries, almonds and seeds.
- Add melted coconut oil and honey and mix everything thoroughly.
- The mass should be thick and sticky.
- We take pieces of the mass and shape them into balls (you can use an ice cream scoop to help)
- We let it rest for a few hours in the fridge and we can serve.
Tip: Also try gluten-free marlenka balls . They are also absolutely delicious.
What you will need:
460 g of gluten-free honey sheets + 30 g for coating, 250 g of caramelized salk, 170 g of fresh unsalted butter, 1 – 2 tablespoons of honey.
How to do it:
Blend the honey sheets into crumbs, put them in a bowl, add butter, salko and honey. Work out the mass from which you take pieces of dough and shape them into balls.
Place 30g of the coating sheets in a blender and blend into fine pieces. Wrap individual balls in them. Place in paper cups and leave to rest in the fridge for approx. 30 – 60 minutes. Only then serve.
When it comes to marlenka balls, the best thing you can use to make them is a honey-caramel cake/body, which has also been produced here since 2003, although it was originally produced many years earlier. In addition to the cake itself, honey/marble balls, rolls, snacks and many other confections are also produced. The patent is registered by Gevorg Avetisyan.