Are you hungry and want to prepare something quick?
Make fried pancakes!
It is one of the favorite dishes and thanks to the ingredients used, it can be different every time.
Let yourself be inspired by our favorite recipes for vegetable meatballs, from which everyone can choose.
These meatballs are very tasty and at the same time very easy to prepare. Cabbage in this form is simply perfect and you will definitely fall in love with this dish.
- 750 g of cabbage
- 2 eggs plus 2 for coating
- 50 g plain flour plus approx. 200 g for coating
- 150 g breadcrumbs plus 200 g for coating
- salt and pepper to taste
- garlic to taste
- a bit of milk
- Clean the cabbage from the dead leaves, cut it into quarters, wash it under running water and scald it in hot water.
- Remove and let drain.
- Grind the cooled cabbage in a grinder, add eggs, flour, breadcrumbs, salt, crushed garlic, pepper and mix.
- We form meatballs with our hands, which we coat in flour, beaten eggs mixed with a little milk and finally in breadcrumbs.
- Fry in hot oil.
Cauliflower is a healthy vegetable that contains antioxidants and phytonutrients that protect against cancer. It’s also high in fiber, so it’ll fill you up and keep you from getting fat. As you can see, there are plenty of reasons to try cauliflower meatballs, so go for it!
- 1 cauliflower
- about 100 g of soft salami
- 2 eggs
- grinded pepper
- Cut the cauliflower into florets and cook until soft.
- Then mash the cauliflower.
- Put the cauliflower in a bowl, add eggs, breadcrumbs, and chopped salami.
- Salt and pepper.
- We form meatballs, which we coat in breadcrumbs and fry in oil until golden on both sides.
Try our other recipes for cauliflower meatballs in 6 different variations.
They are easy to prepare and even those who are not particularly fond of broccoli will enjoy them. Try the meatballs again a little differently!
- 500 g of broccoli
- 2 eggs
- 1 onion
- Cut the broccoli into florets and cook it until soft in salted water.
- Then chop the broccoli with a knife into small pieces, which we put in a bowl.
- Add crushed garlic, egg, breadcrumbs.
- Salt and pepper.
- We form meatballs from the mass, which we coat in semi-coarse flour.
- Fry the meatballs in a pan in oil until golden.
Can’t get enough of broccoli pancakes? Get inspired by other recipes for broccoli meatballs that you just have to try.
Discover similar tips
Zucchini pancakes with cheese
Do you have leftover zucchini at home and don’t know how to use it? Even zucchini can be made into perfect meatballs! It is also rich in antioxidants, reduces blood sugar in the body and does not make you fat.
- 2 young zucchini
- 2 eggs
- 100 g of hard cheese
- Wash the young zucchini, you don’t even need to peel it, and grate it.
- Put the zucchini in a bowl, add grated cheese, breadcrumbs, and egg.
- Season with salt and pepper and season with marjoram and work the mass well.
- We form meatballs from the mixture, which we coat in breadcrumbs and fry in oil until golden brown on both sides.
Did you love these veggie meatballs? Prepare other recipes for zucchini pancakes .
Beetroot and feta cheese pancakes
Healthy, quick and easy meatballs made from beetroot and feta are ideal for breakfast, lunch, but also as a nutritious snack. They are really tasty and even beet haters will like them.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 250 g cooked beetroot, ground in a blender to a coarse texture (not finely ground)
- 100 g feta cheese, crumbled
- several fresh thyme leaves, finely chopped OR 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper to taste (be careful with the amount of salt, because the feta itself will add a certain saltiness to the meatballs)
- olive oil
- Greek yogurt and basil pesto, to serve
- Beat the eggs in a bowl.
- Add flour and milk and mix.
- Add beetroot, feta cheese and herbs and mix well again
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a pan.
- Add 2 tablespoons of batter to the pan and fry for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Turn and cook for another 2 minutes or until the patties are done.
- Repeat with the rest of the dough.
- When the pancakes are ready, take them out of the pan and keep them warm.
- Served with Greek yogurt and a spoonful of basil pesto.
Mushroom vegetable meatballs
Did you bring a basket of mushrooms from the forest and don’t know what to do with them? Then don’t hesitate and prepare excellent mushroom meatballs. It only takes a few simple steps.
- 500 g of fresh mushrooms
- 1 onion
- caraway seeds
- Fry the chopped onion in oil in a saucepan.
- Wash and clean the mushrooms and cut them into small pieces, which we add to the onion in the saucepan.
- Season with salt and pepper and season with marjoram.
- Simmer gently.
- When the mushrooms are soft, thicken them with breadcrumbs and shape them into meatballs.
- Coat the meatballs in flour and fry in oil until golden brown on both sides.
If you just got a taste for mushroom meatballs, try one of the three mushroom meatball recipes on our recipe website.
Red lentil meatballs
These pancakes taste amazing and give you a great protein boost in vegetarian form. The taste is really delicious and the secret of the unique texture is the added chickpeas.
- 1 1/2 cups soaked red lentils (soak 3/4 cup red lentils to make about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- a pinch of cumin
- vegetable oil
- Soak 3/4 cup of lentils in water with a few pinches of salt for a few hours or overnight.
- When the lentils are soaked and have absorbed most of the water, drain and measure 1 cup of lentils into a food processor.
- Leave 1/2 cup of lentils as is.
- Add 1 cup chickpeas, cilantro and ginger to the food processor.
- Blend until smooth and add the blended mixture to the remaining lentils in a bowl.
- Add onion and spices and mix well.
- Taste the mixture to make sure it is seasoned enough and add salt and pepper if needed.
- We shape the patties with our hands (there should be about 8 of them).
- Heat about 3 tablespoons of oil in a pan over medium-high heat.
- When the oil is hot, place several patties in the pan.
- Fry for about 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Fry for the same time on the other side.
- When the pancakes are ready, put them on a plate lined with a paper napkin and let them absorb the excess fat.
- We serve.
As you can see, you can make vegetable meatballs from almost anything. There are countless options and the choice is yours.
As a healthier alternative to frying, you can choose, for example, baking in the oven.
Tell us in the comments which meatballs are your favorite!