Minced meat prepared in a classy form?
But yes, it is possible.
Try our perfect minced meat rolls in 5 different ways.
We have variants for you with eggplant, bacon and cabbage.
You will enjoy!
Crispy eggplant rolls
These amazing eggplant rolls filled with minced pork are the perfect snack or light snack that is suitable for a party. They will disappear from the plates among the first!
- ½ kg of minced pork
- 2 medium spring onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of pressed garlic and ginger
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 large eggplant cut into thin strips
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 liter vegetable oil for frying
- Add the ground beef, onion, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, oyster sauce and pepper to the bowl.
- Mix well.
- Using a peeler, cut the eggplant into thin strips and spread them out on a flat surface.
- Scoop about 1 tablespoon of the mixture, place it on one end of the eggplant strip and spread it with the back of the spoon in a thin layer to the other end.
- Grab one end of the eggplant strip and roll it toward the other.
- Clean the mixture on the outer edges to make the roll look good.
- Roll each roll in cornstarch, shake off excess and place on a plate.
- Add oil to a pan and heat it to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Place the rolls in hot oil and fry them in batches until they are golden brown.
- Turn them occasionally.
- It will take about 4 minutes.
- Set the finished rolls aside on a wire rack.
- Serve with your favorite sauce!
Puff pastry meat rolls
Crispy puff pastry wrapped around a soft meat filling is a guaranteed recipe for success. Plus, these rolls are easy to make and can be put in the freezer and then thawed at any time for an unexpected visitor.
- 3 sheets of frozen puff pastry, thawed and cut in half
- 500 g of ground beef
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon of thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg or 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- olive oil
- tomato sauce or ketchup to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Fry the onion for a few minutes until translucent.
- Leave to cool.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs and add the milk.
- Place the ground beef in a large bowl.
- Add half of the egg-milk mixture, sautéed onion, breadcrumbs, thyme, nutmeg, and garlic salt.
- Mix well with your hands to combine and form a large ball.
- Place an equal portion of the beef mixture in the center of each sheet of puff pastry (the mixture should be about 2cm wide x 2cm high).
- Fold the right side of the dough over the meat mixture, brush the top and open side with the remaining egg and continue rolling.
- Place the rolls on a baking sheet lined with baking paper (sealed side down) and brush with the remaining egg.
- Bake for about 30-40 minutes, or until the meat is cooked through and the rolls are golden brown.
- Cut the rolls.
- Serve immediately with tomato sauce or ketchup.
Discover similar tips
Fried spring rolls
These amazing Chinese spring rolls filled with vegetables and minced meat, fried until crispy, are a favorite delicacy that you can easily prepare at home!
For the filling:
- 1 cup chopped bamboo shoots
- 2 tablespoons of peanut oil
- 170 g of minced pork
- 1/3 cup chopped shallots
- 1 and 3/4 cup grated carrots
- 3 cups chopped white cabbage
- 1/2 cup chopped water chestnuts
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
For the rolls:
- dough for spring rolls – 15 to 20 slices
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- frying oil
- sweet chili sauce
- Bring several cups of water to a boil in a pot.
- Add the bamboo shoots and blanch them for 1 minute.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Heat 1 tablespoon peanut oil in a wok over high heat.
- Add the minced meat and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Break the meat into small pieces with the end of the spatula.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of peanut oil to the wok.
- Add the shallots and sauté for about 1 minute.
- Add carrots, cabbage, bamboo shoots and water chestnuts and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Then return the meat to the wok and stir.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch with water to make a slurry.
- Using a spatula, move the vegetables and meat aside to create space in the bottom of the wok.
- Pour the resulting slurry into this space.
- Let the porridge thicken for 30 seconds and mix with the rest of the ingredients.
- Add oyster sauce, salt, sugar and white pepper.
- Mix everything.
- Spread the filling without excess liquid on a large baking sheet and leave to cool for 10 minutes.
- Prepare a large tray and a dry towel to cover the rolls so they don’t dry out.
- Take 1 sheet of dough and place it on the counter in a diamond shape with one corner facing you.
- Scoop about 2 tablespoons of the filling and place on top of the dough.
- Grab the bottom corner and start rolling the roll.
- Stop when you reach the center of the sheet.
- Fold the left and right sides of the sheet towards the center.
- Brush the top corner with the beaten egg.
- Complete the roll.
- Place the roll on a baking sheet and cover with a dry towel.
- Repeat with remaining leaves and filling.
- Line the tray with paper towels.
- Fill the wok with about 5 cm of oil.
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat for a few minutes.
- Carefully slide 5 rolls down the edge of the wok into the hot oil.
- Fry for 3 to 4 minutes and turn the roll halfway through.
- Once the rolls are golden brown, remove them from the wok.
- Fry the remaining rolls.
- Serve immediately with sweet chili sauce.
Get inspired by our other great recipes for spring rolls and create an Asian atmosphere at your table!
Stuffed cabbage leaves with tomato sauce
Tender cabbage leaves stuffed with a mixture of minced meat and rice, baked with a simple tomato sauce, are the perfect lunch or dinner. Prepare them according to our easy instructions!
- 1 head of white cabbage
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 500 g of ground pork (or ground turkey)
- 200 g of ground beef
- 2 small onions, diced
- 3 cloves of chopped garlic
- ½ teaspoon of dried dill
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 400 g canned chopped tomatoes with juice
- 1 egg
- 1 and ½ cups + ⅓ cup tomato sauce
- 300 ml canned tomato soup
- Cut about a 0.6 cm piece from the bottom of a head of cabbage and place the whole head in boiling water.
- Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Peel the softened leaves.
- Put the remaining head back into the boiling water and repeat until all the leaves have been peeled.
- Remove the tough stems from the cooked leaves.
- Cut off the thick petioles from the leaves.
- Set aside to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 175°C.
- Cook the rice according to the instructions on the package, but reduce the cooking time by 5 minutes so that the rice is slightly undercooked.
- Set aside.
- Saute pork (or turkey), beef, onion, garlic and spices in a pan.
- Drain off all fat.
- Add the rice, diced tomatoes, and ⅓ cup tomato sauce to the pan.
- Stir in the eggs.
- Mix the remaining tomato sauce and tomato soup in a bowl.
- Spread a very thin layer of the tomato sauce mixture in a 23 x 33 cm baking dish.
- Remove the strong stem from the cabbage leaves.
- Lay the cabbage leaf flat and add ¼ to ⅓ cup of the filling in the center.
- Fold the sides and roll up the sheet.
- Place in the mold seam side down.
- Repeat with remaining leaves and filling.
- Pour the sauce over the rolls and cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 75-90 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes before serving.
Try our other luxurious recipes for stuffed cabbage leaves . We have options for you with meat, vegan, European or even Asian.
Meat rolls in bacon
These luxurious rolls are a great appetizer for any party! Bacon wrapped around juicy meatballs will become a favorite delicacy for all enthusiastic carnivores.
- 24 slices of bacon, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, pressed
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 500 g of lean ground beef
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Saute onion, mushrooms and garlic until softened, about 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add eggs, tomato sauce, breadcrumbs, ground beef, salt and pepper to a large bowl.
- Add the sauteed onion, mushrooms and garlic and mix with clean hands.
- Arrange the bacon slices on a baking sheet.
- Spread the meat mixture on the bacon slices and roll up like a roll.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Final tip: Ground meat is best if you make it at home. For this, you definitely need a quality meat grinder. See how the test of electric meat grinders turned out.
Which roll recipe caught your attention the most? Share with us in the comments section below the article!