Are you looking for mushroom soup recipes that are interesting, rich in flavor and look luxurious?
Do you want to cook something just for fun, or do you need a more festive type of dish?
Be inspired by our dishes, among which you will surely find exactly what you need.
potato soup with mushrooms
Prepare this hearty creamy soup that will really warm you up.
- 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 600 g of different mushrooms (cut into pieces)
- 3 shallots (minced)
- 3 cloves of garlic (pressed)
- 3 tablespoons of flour
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 6 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 500 g potatoes (cut into quarters)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan. The soup is perfectly prepared in a cast iron pot.
- Add the mushrooms and shallots to the pot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until everything is soft. This will take about 6-8 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and let it become fragrant.
- Add the wine and mix everything well.
- Add chicken stock, thyme and bay leaf to everything. Season with salt and pepper and cook, at the lowest temperature, for 10 minutes.
- Cover the pot and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Remove the mushroom soup with potatoes from the heat, stir in the parsley and serve immediately.
If you want a change, you can prepare another recipe for potatoes with mushrooms .
Krkonoše mushroom soup made from dried mushrooms
You can have dried mushrooms at home all year round. So buy a supply of them and, every now and then, make this great soup out of them!
- 500 g of dried mushrooms
- 100 g of white beans
- 2 potatoes
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme or ½ teaspoon of dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 cups of boiling water
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 2 onions (finely chopped)
- 1 small spring onion (chopped)
- 1 liter of beef broth
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 dcl of white wine
- fresh parsley (finely chopped), thyme leaves or chives
- Before cooking, soak the beans in water, ideally overnight.
- Soak the dried mushrooms in hot water and strain them after softening.
- Melt the butter in a pan, fry the onion and add the mushrooms. Then saute together.
- Pour in the stock and add the spices and wine. Cook for about 1 hour, until the beans are tender.
- About halfway through the time the mixture is cooking, add the potatoes, cut into smaller cubes, to the soup.
- Cook until the potatoes are soft. It doesn’t matter if part of the potatoes boil over – it thickens the soup.
- Remove the bay leaf from the soup and season with balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Garnish the prepared mushroom soup with fresh herbs and serve.
Explore what herbs to use in the kitchen .
White mushroom soup with cream
Do you like delicate creamy dishes? Then try this soup, which is filling, light and amazingly delicious.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 garlic (sliced)
- 100 g mushrooms (you can also use champignons)
- 1 tablespoon flour (for dusting)
- 1 l vegetable or meat broth
- 100 ml cooking cream
- Fry garlic and chopped mushrooms in oil.
- Add a little flour, fry slightly and cover with broth.
- Lightly salt and cook until soft.
- At the end, pour in the cream and boil for a while.
- You can serve this mushroom soup recipe with bread or flatbreads.
You can easily prepare potato pancakes in a kitchen appliance. Get inspired by reviews of electric pans that prepare food for you almost by themselves.
Creamy mushroom soup with vegetables
Enjoy the delicious taste of the soup, which is loaded with vitamins and other nutrients that are hidden in the mushrooms and vegetables. Your children will also like it!
- 150 g of celery
- 300 g of mushrooms
- 250 ml cooking cream
- 2 tablespoons of vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dill
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 balls of allspice
- 2 onions
- 3 carrots
- 4 eggs
- 1 liter of water
- Chop the mushrooms into small pieces and set aside.
- Finely chop the onion and fry it in oil. Fry until the onions become translucent.
- Add the mushrooms and fry them briefly.
- Sprinkle everything with cumin, mix and cover with water.
- Add finely chopped potatoes, carrots, celery and spices. Cook for 25 minutes.
- Now salt and pepper the soup and mix in the cream with the eggs.
- Add dill and cook briefly.
- Add the vinegar at the very end and do not cook any further so that the soup does not curdle.
- Serve the white mushroom soup with fresh parsley.
You can also prepare the soup using a kitchen appliance. Research slow cooker reviews and choose one that will work for you and make your kitchen work easier.
Good luck with the mushrooms
Include healthy dill in your kitchen, in the form of soup. Dill contains vitamins C, A and nutrients such as calcium, phosphorus, iron, silicon and more.
Enjoy and give your body a vitamin bomb.
- ½ cup mushrooms (sliced – you can also use champignons)
- 1 teaspoon garlic (chopped)
- ¼ cup onion (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons of dill
- 2 teaspoons of flour
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 2 cups of vegetable broth (you can also use just plain water)
- ½ cup cooking cream
- 1 tablespoon butter (you can substitute olive oil)
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Heat the oil in a pot and fry the chopped garlic in it. Keep stirring to prevent the garlic from becoming bitter.
- Add the onion and fry until lightly browned and soft.
- Add the chopped mushrooms and salt. Cook until the mushrooms release their juices and soften. This will take about 4-5 minutes.
- After this time, dust with flour and mix everything well.
- Add broth or water and then sprinkle dill.
- Cook for a few more minutes and then stir in the cream. Do not cook any further.
- Remove the pot from the heat and season with pepper.
- Serve dill soup with mushrooms on its own or with toast.
Also try another recipe for kulajda with potatoes .
Discover similar tips
Grandma’s Sour Mushroom Soup
Cabbage contains a lot of vitamins and minerals that support the proper functioning of the body. It also strengthens the immune system and lowers cholesterol. Last but not least, it helps reduce inflammation and acts as a cancer prevention.
Prepare this miracle in the form of a great soup.
- 7 and ¼ cup vegetable broth
- 2 onions (diced)
- 2 cups mixed mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 4 cups cabbage (chopped)
- 2 potatoes (diced)
- ½ teaspoon of dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- Heat ¼ cup broth in a large pot.
- Add the onion, along with the mushrooms and garlic, and sauté until the onion softens. It will take about 3 minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Cook, at the lowest temperature, for 45 minutes.
- Instead of cabbage, you can also prepare cabbage soup with mushrooms, which is cooked in the same way, but is less acidic.
Do you like cabbage? Then read more about its benefits and prepare other sauerkraut recipes .
Bread soup with mushrooms
Thanks to this recipe, you will get a tasty and especially interesting dish.
Serve soup on a weekday or, to your guests, at friendly gatherings. You will always reap success!
- ¾ cup dried mushrooms
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms (champignons
- 1 yellow onion + 1 shallot
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- ½ teaspoon ground chili
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- a pinch of ground pepper
- 3.5 cups of baby spinach (you can substitute other vegetables according to your taste)
- 280 g sourdough bread
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- Parmesan cheese (grated, for final seasoning)
- Boil water and pour it into a bowl. Put the dried mushrooms in the water, cover the bowl with a plate and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot and fry the onion and garlic in it. Fry until the onion softens. It will take about 5 minutes.
- Add the butter with the chili and mix.
- Sprinkle in the oregano and mix again.
- Throw the finely chopped mushrooms into the pot and fry for another 5 minutes.
- At this point, add the spinach or other greens and stir.
- Pour in the stock and let it bubble gently for 15 minutes.
- Tear the bread into small pieces and mix it into the soup. Do not cook anymore.
- Serve warm.
Prepare your own homemade bread , the production of which is not at all complicated.
Recipe for mushroom soup with pesto
A hearty mixture of mushrooms gives this soup a rich and full flavor. Serve it with delicious garlic bread and you will see that you will not want another one.
- 2 cups mushrooms
- 1 cup portobello mushrooms
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms (remove stems)
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 cup shallots (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon of minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- ¼ cup white flour
- 4 cups of vegetable broth
- ½ cup prepared pesto
- Cut the mushrooms into small pieces and fry them in 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Add onion and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic, ginger and thyme to the mixture. Cook for another minute.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté for 3 minutes until they start to soften.
- Season with salt and pepper to your taste.
- Dust everything with flour and mix. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add half of the vegetable stock and, stirring occasionally, cook until the soup begins to thicken slightly.
- Then add the rest of the broth and cook for another 5 minutes until the mushrooms are soft.
- Serve the mushroom soup with 2 tablespoons of pesto.
Find out how to prepare homemade pesto in 5 variations.
Mushroom pasta soup
Do you like pasta delicacies and would you like to try something original? Then add mushrooms to them to make this amazing soup.
- 1 small onion
- 2 celery
- 2 carrots
- 2-3 cloves of garlic (minced)
- ½ teaspoon of dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon of sage
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 240 g portobello mushrooms (sliced)
- 8 cups of vegetable broth
- ½ teaspoon of spices for the soup
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 340 g of pasta
- 1 tablespoon miso paste
- Finely chop the onion and pour it into the pot. Pour in some stock and let it bubble.
- Add the chopped carrots and celery. Cook until the vegetables are soft.
- Next, sprinkle garlic, thyme, sage and pepper. Mix it up.
- Pour in the chopped mushrooms and cover with a lid. Simmer until the mushrooms soften and release their juices.
- Add the rest of the stock, soup seasoning, salt and bay leaf. Cover again and let it cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove ½ cup liquid from soup and set aside.
- Add the pasta to the soup and cook for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir the miso paste in ½ cup of the broth and pour it into the soup.
- Season the finished mushroom soup with noodles with pepper, salt and serve.
Want to make homemade pasta? Then get inspired by reviews of electric grinders , which will make their preparation easier for you.
Classic fox mushroom soup
Expand your culinary repertoire with excellent foxes, the preparation of which is not at all complicated.
- 450 g foxgloves (cleaned)
- 1.5 liters of chicken broth
- 7 tablespoons of butter
- 2 shallots (thinly sliced)
- 3 cloves garlic (thinly sliced)
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 sprigs of thyme
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- Set ½ cup mushrooms aside for garnish. Place the rest of the mushrooms in a pot and cover them with chicken stock. Bring to a boil and simmer over low heat.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a separate saucepan. Add the shallots and garlic and cook, stirring, for 8 minutes, until softened and browned.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until the mushrooms release their juices. It will take about 10 minutes.
- Add the flour and mix. Boil for 30 seconds.
- Add the white wine and cook until thickened, about 1 minute.
- Pour the mushroom broth that you prepared at the beginning into this mixture through a strainer. Remove the mushrooms and set aside.
- Add bay leaves and thyme sprigs to the soup. Cook, at a moderate temperature, for 30 minutes.
- Subsequently, remove the bay leaf with thyme from the soup and use an immersion blender to blend the soup until smooth.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter and mix again. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a separate pan, fry the mushrooms from the soup in olive oil. Fry for about 2 minutes, then add the rest of the butter.
- Add the mushroom mixture to the soup and at the end, decorate it with the foxes that you set aside for decoration at the beginning.
- This recipe can also be used as a Christmas mushroom soup, as it is thick, looks festive and tastes really delicious in the winter months.
If you like mushroom picking, you can process the mushrooms and keep them at home for year-round use. Learn how to preserve and dry mushrooms .
6 mushrooms to strengthen the immune system
All of the above recipes for mushroom soups contain edible mushrooms, which have countless vitamins and other nutrients that significantly positively affect human health.
Get to know 6 miraculous types of mushrooms and their effects. How exactly can they help you?
- Reishi: Helps eliminate sleep problems. Relieves anxiety, depression and helps improve concentration.
- Lion’s Mane: Aids learning, improves memory and increases concentration.
- Chaga: Slows aging, reduces inflammation and lowers cholesterol.
- Shiitake: Regulates blood cholesterol, improves heart health and helps with blood pressure and proper blood circulation.
- Turkey Tail Mushroom: Supports immunity, acts as a cancer prevention agent and supplies the body with much-needed antioxidants.
- Cordyceps (Chinese caterpillar): Increases energy, improves sports performance and helps with muscle regeneration.