Love sweets but hate baking? Don’t despair, we have a solution for you in the form of these four recipes for no-bake cookie cakes!
They are easy to make and so delicious!
We recommend making a double batch right away, because one will never be enough!
No-bake chocolate chip cookie cake
This no-bake chocolate cake recipe is one that kids will love making and eating even more. Adults will no doubt join them as well.
What will we need
- 200 g chocolate chips (broken into pieces)
- 100 g dark chocolate (broken into pieces)
- 110 g of butter
- 50 g dark sugar
- 110 g biscuits (broken)
- 110 g of cherries
- 75 g hazelnuts (whole, roasted)
- 75 g pecans (coarsely chopped)
- 1 maltesers (coarsely chopped)
- Melt the chocolate, butter and sugar in a bowl over a water bath or in the microwave.
- Mix in the rest of the ingredients.
- Transfer to an 18 cm round cake tin lined with baking paper and press gently.
- Let set at room temperature until set.
- After it has completely cooled and set, remove the cake from the pan and peel off the parchment paper.
- Cut into thin slices and serve.
Unbaked cheesecake from Lotus cookies
This is where our no-bake Lotus Cheesecake recipe comes in! We love making brownies and cupcakes, but there’s something extra delicious about a cheesecake. And in fact, the recipe for this dessert is much easier than you might think!
What will we need
- 300 g of Lotus biscuits
- 100 g butter (melted)
- 450 g of full-fat Philadelphia cream cheese
- 75 g of powdered sugar
- 250 g smooth Biscoff spread
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 270 ml of double cream
- 150 g smooth Biscoff spread (melted and slightly cooled)
- Extra Biscoff biscuits and crumbs for garnish (optional)
- Crush the Lotus biscuits in a food processor until they are fine crumbs.
- Transfer the crumbs to a bowl and cover with melted butter and mix.
- Spread the mixture of biscuits and butter into the base of a 20 cm cake tin.
- Smooth it into an even layer.
- Put the mold in the fridge for at least 30 minutes while you prepare the cheese filling.
- In a large bowl, add the cream cheese, powdered sugar, Biscoff spread and vanilla extract and beat with an electric hand mixer until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whip the cream until stiff peaks form.
- Stir the whipped cream into the filling until combined.
- Layer the mixture on top of the biscuit base.
- Place in the fridge to harden for at least 4-6 hours or preferably overnight.
- Remove the unbaked cookie cake from the mold and pour the melted Biscoff spread over it.
- Add some crumbs and whole cookies to garnish if you like.
Perfectly whipped whipped cream requires a quality mixer. Choose one of thewhisks that passed our review and you won’t make a mistake!
Discover similar tips
No-bake custard and cookie cake
You just have to make this no-bake cookie cake recipe! It is so supple and soft.
What will we need
- 4 egg yolks
- 8 g of vanilla paste
- 80 g of sugar
- 24 g of cornstarch
- 400 g of milk
- 30 g of butter
- 50 g dark chocolate for frosting
- 200 g of butter biscuits
For the cream
- 250 g of heavy cream
- 25 g of sugar
For the frosting
- 100 g of dark chocolate for the frosting
- 100 g of heavy cream
- Add sugar and vanilla paste to the yolk and mix.
- Add the cornstarch and mix, add some milk and mix, then add all the remaining milk and mix.
- Continue stirring until thickened and bubbly and cook over medium heat.
- Remove the custard from the heat, add the butter, stir, place half in a bowl and secure plastic wrap over the top.
- Melt your dark chocolate, stir, put in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap to chill in the fridge.
- Whip the cream with sugar.
- Gently whip the cooled custard cream.
- Spread the butter cookies in the mold and add the custard cream on top.
- Put the butter cookies on top and spread the whipped cream evenly.
- Place the butter cookies on top and spread the chocolate custard cream flat.
- Put the butter biscuits on top, spread the whipped cream flat and let it set in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Add fresh cream to the dark chocolate, heat in the microwave for about 40 seconds and mix well.
- Spread the hardened whipped cream naturally with chocolate and sprinkle with cocoa powder.
Quick cake with cookies with Nutella and mascarpone
This no-bake cake (or Bulgarian cookie cake) is the perfect quick and easy dessert that’s also very filling. The tasty combination of mascarpone, Nutella, sour cream and cookies is a great choice for all those with a sweet tooth!
What will we need
- 350 g of graham crackers
- 500 g mascarpone
- 400 g sour cream
- 60 g of powdered sugar
- 200 g Nutella or other chocolate spread
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 150 ml of cold milk
- In a large bowl, beat the mascarpone, vanilla, powdered sugar and about half of the sour cream with an electric mixer.
- In another bowl, whisk the rest of the sour cream together with the Nutella.
- Pour the milk into a bowl.
- Dip each cracker in the milk for just a few seconds.
- Line the bottom of a 28 x 18 cm mold with a layer of biscuits.
- Spread about ⅓ of the mascarpone filling on the surface.
- Add ⅓ Nutella to this. It may not cover the mascarpone filling well.
- Repeat two more times.
- Cover the top of the mold with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 6-8 hours or overnight.
- Serve sprinkled with cracker crumbs. You can decorate the cake with berries, but it’s still good that way.
Tips for making the perfect no-bake cookie cake
Choose the right filling
In addition to cream cheese, you can use other soft cheeses such as ricotta or goat cheese, another great filling is mascarpone cheese, but for best results we recommend full-fat Philadelphia cream cheese.
Get creative with the crust
Graham crackers are usually the most common type of cookie, but don’t be afraid to experiment with any cookies you can think of.
Chocolate chip cookies, for example, lend a bit of bitterness and a rich cocoa flavor that pairs well with ingredients like raspberries, strawberries, and even peanut butter.
Use different forms
Use clear or colored glasses to make individual mini no-bake cakes that you can easily place on a tray in the fridge. Or use your favorite hand-painted baking dish.
No-bake cookie cake is easy, but it takes time. Not so much for preparing the crust and filling, but for setting. You have to be patient and allow enough time for the filling to harden in the fridge. If you rush it, you risk cutting into a cake that is still runny in the middle.