Are you looking for interesting recipes for nut cake as a sweet afternoon coffee?
Do you want to please your loved ones and prepare them a wonderful treat or even a feast full of sweet treats?
Get inspired in our article, where we have all the delicacies for you, and try one of our tasty recipes.
Classic walnut cake
Is there anything better than a cake that makes the whole house smell good? If we add the aroma and taste of nuts, we definitely have something to look forward to.
After all, it’s not the right thing to do without nuts even during the Christmas holidays. However, take a look at Christmas cookies with nuts and get inspired in other areas of sweet baking.
- 6 eggs
- 200 g fresh unsalted butter
- 250 g of sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground walnuts
- 150 g semi-coarse flour
- 1 baking powder
- 120 g finely ground almonds
- 150 g of hazelnuts
- 1 teaspoon of grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 200 g of milk chocolate
- 50 g of apricot jam
- 300 g of dark chocolate for the frosting
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- We start by preheating the oven to 200°C.
- Grease the cake pan with butter and sprinkle with flour or breadcrumbs.
- Cut the milk chocolate into small pieces and set aside.
- Put the yolks in a small bowl and the egg whites in a larger one.
- Add a pinch of sugar to the egg whites and beat with a whisk at the highest speed until stiff peaks form.
- Then add the softened butter and sugar to the third bowl and mix carefully so that the mixture is nice and fluffy.
- Pour one egg yolk at a time into the whipped butter while stirring constantly.
- Sprinkle ground walnuts and mix.
- In another bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, ground almonds, lemon zest, cinnamon, salt and chopped hazelnuts.
- Add to the bowl with the egg mixture along with the chopped chocolate and mix thoroughly.
- Finally, carefully mix in the solid snow in parts.
- Pour the dough into the prepared form and bake for 50-60 minutes.
- If the cake burns, we can cover it with aluminum foil.
- After an hour, use a skewer to test if it is cooked so that the dough doesn’t stick to the skewer in the middle.
- Remove the finished cake from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Then carefully turn it out of the mold and let it cool on a wire rack.
- Before that, spread apricot jam while it’s still warm.
- Melt the dark chocolate with coconut oil in a water bath.
- Cover the entire cake with the frosting and leave it in the refrigerator for 3 hours.
- Then all you have to do is cut it and serve it, for example, with a cup of coffee.
Banana bun with nuts and honey
The banana cake, which in this case is also called bread, has a butter and cinnamon flavored glaze. It belongs to the popular types of this sweet delicacy.
- 200 g of softened butter
- 200 g semi-coarse flour
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 100 g of powdered sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 5 tablespoons of honey
- 2 – 3 ripe bananas
- 100 g of dried dates
- 50 g chopped walnuts + 50 g halved walnuts
- First of all, preheat the oven to 160°C.
- Grease the cake pan with butter and sprinkle it with flour, or line it with baking paper.
- Put flour, cinnamon, 175 g of butter, sugar and 3 spoons of honey in a bowl.
- Beat everything with a wooden spoon or a hand-held electric mixer so that the dough is nice and fluffy.
- Mash the bananas, cut the dates into pieces and add them to the dough together with the walnuts.
- Transfer to the prepared form and smooth.
- Let it bake for about 40-50 minutes. Using a toothpick, test if the dough does not stick after the time has passed.
- When it becomes sticky in the middle, bake for another 10-20 minutes.
- Remove the finished cake from the oven and let it rest in the form for 15 minutes.
- Then we turn it over, turn it out and let it cool on the wire rack.
- Once the cake has cooled, prepare the frosting.
- Melt 25 g of butter and 2 tablespoons of honey in a pan, stirring constantly.
- Boil for a minute and set aside.
- Stir in the halved walnuts and set aside to cool slightly.
- Transfer the lukewarm mixture to the cake pan and decorate.
Apple cake with nuts
Fresh apples and walnuts, that’s an immortal combination that everyone, regardless of age or gender, likes to enjoy. It’s a great dessert to go with coffee after lunch or maybe with tea at five o’clock. Although it is without any topping, it has an unmistakable and very delicious taste.
- 3 large eggs
- 280 g of sugar
- 224 g of sunflower oil
- 1-2 teaspoons of vanilla sugar
- 300 g semi-coarse flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 – 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 apples
- 120 g chopped walnuts
- Peel the apples, remove the cores and grate them.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Mix eggs, sugar, oil and vanilla sugar in a bowl.
- Sift the semi-coarse flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon into the second bowl.
- Slowly mix the loose mixture into the egg mixture so that it is smooth.
- Add apples and nuts and mix again.
- Grease the cake tin and fill it or put baking paper in it.
- If we don’t have a cake pan, we use a higher baking pan.
- Pour the dough into the mold and smooth it out.
- Bake in a preheated oven for about 35-40 minutes.
- After baking, let it rest for a while, then turn it out and, after it has cooled, sprinkle it with powdered sugar, or you can add a glaze.
Mug walnut bun
This nut cake is baked abroad especially for Easter, because its appearance and color resemble spring flowers. It is amazingly supple and soft.
If you ever don’t know what to give your loved ones, bake them this cake, wrap it nicely and you have a perfect gift.
- 1 cup lukewarm milk (can be soy milk)
- 1 tablespoon of instant yeast
- 1 cup of cooked polenta
- 1 cup of cooked rice
- 2 cups semi-coarse flour
- 4 tablespoons of sugar
- 1/3 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (can be raisins, sultanas)
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1 teaspoon of lemon zest
- Butter for erasing the mold
- Pour the milk into a bowl and let the instant yeast dissolve in it.
- In another bowl, mix all the loose ingredients, i.e. flour, sugar, salt, dried cranberries, lemon zest and almonds.
- Add the polenta and rice to the milk and mix thoroughly.
- Finally, add the loose mixture in parts and mix thoroughly to make the dough smooth.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and in the meantime, grease and fill the mold.
- Pour in the finished dough, smooth and bake for 45 minutes.
- The cake should have a golden brown color.
- If it starts to brown too much, cover it with aluminum foil.
- Use a skewer to make sure the dough is not raw in the middle.
- Remove the finished cake from the oven and let it rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Then slowly turn it out of the mold and place it on a wire rack to cool.
- We can also sprinkle with powdered sugar, or drizzle with chocolate glaze.
Nut pudding with pieces of chocolate
The aroma of chocolate and nuts is usually a sinful combination, which also applies to this snack. The cake with nuts is full of pieces of chocolate and there are also almonds with “flakes”. Preparation is quick and simple.
- 2 1/2 cups semi-coarse flour
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped dark chocolate
- 1 1/4 cups chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 softened butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Zest from 1 chemically untreated lemon
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- First, preheat the oven to 170°C.
- Put flour, chocolate, walnuts in a bowl and mix.
- Grease the mold with a piece of butter and sprinkle with almonds.
- Divide the eggs into two bowls for whites and yolks.
- Add granulated sugar to the egg whites and whip until stiff peaks form.
- In another bowl, beat the egg yolks with icing sugar, butter, salt, lemon zest and vanilla essence.
- As soon as the mixture is nicely frothy, mix in the flour with nuts and chocolate in parts.
- Finally, using a wooden spoon, carefully mix in the egg whites.
- Pour the dough into the mold and let it bake for about 1 hour.
- Turn the still warm cake out of the mold and let it cool.
- We can also dust with powdered sugar and vanilla.
Discover similar tips
Bun with nuts and raisins
Viennese style cake? If you don’t know it, you must try it. It has a delicious taste, is supple and perfectly sweet. If you get a slightly more decorated cake pan on top of it, it will be perfect.
- 250 g of butter
- 250 g of powdered sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 bag of vanilla sugar
- Lemon peel from 1 chemically untreated lemon
- 1 baking powder
- 350 g plain flour
- 8 spoons of milk
- 100 g of raisins
- 50 g ground almonds
- Put softened butter, sugar, egg yolks in a bowl and beat until foamy.
- Stir in the lemon zest and vanilla sugar.
- While stirring constantly, sprinkle flour with baking powder and also milk.
- Add raisins and nuts and mix everything.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff.
- Add it to the dough in parts and mix carefully.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Pour the batter into the mold and bake for about 1 hour.
- Using a toothpick, check if the cake is well baked in the middle.
- Remove from the oven, let it rest for 5 minutes and then turn it out.
- We sugar the cake, or we can add a chocolate coating.
Salty yeast cake with nuts
Do you like sourdough cakes and buns in savory form? Then definitely try this salty sourdough nut cake. It will surprise you with its delicious taste and delicacy.
- 375 g semi-coarse flour
- 80 g of butter
- 1 bag of dry yeast
- 200 ml of milk
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 100 g of walnuts
- 150 g of chopped smoked bacon
- Heat the milk and half dissolve the instant yeast.
- Pour flour into a bowl, make a hole in it and break an egg into it.
- Add salt and mix together with half of the warmed milk without yeast.
- The dough needs to be kneaded for at least 15 minutes.
- Add softened butter and yeast.
- Work thoroughly until the dough stops sticking to your hands.
- Cover the finished dough and put it in a warm place so it can rise.
- Mix pieces of bacon with nuts in a hot pan, let them fry and add to the dough.
- Grease the cake pan and pour the batter into it.
- Let it rise again so that the dough reaches the edges of the mold.
- We put it in the oven, which we previously preheated to 200°C.
- Bake for about 50 minutes, or a little longer if the dough is still undercooked in the middle.
How to crack individual nuts correctly?
Take a look at our instructional video and you’ll see that nothing will surprise you anymore.
Where to use the basic types of nuts?
As for walnuts, they have a slightly bitter to bitter taste, while the kernel is slightly oily. It is especially suitable for vanilla rolls, Christmas nuts, prana, but also for decorating sweets or nut creams and fillings. Due to its taste, it belongs to the most used type of nuts.
They are characterized by a brown skin and a white core with a slight hint of yellow. The taste is oily and mild. Hazelnuts are a typical ingredient for traditional Masaryk sweets, but they are also added to egg white bread and are absolutely indispensable for decoration.
These are light brown cores that are white or cream when broken. Their taste must be 100% almond, anything else means bad almond quality. They are mainly used to prepare macaroons and fondants, while they are absolutely perfect in Cantuccini cookies (Italy). It goes without saying that it can also be used for decoration.
They have a sweet taste and contain up to 60% oil. Thanks to this, their quick consumption is necessary, as they turn rancid shortly after peeling. Considering their price, they are mainly used at Christmas as a treat rather than for baking, although they are excellent in gingerbread.
How do individual nuts benefit?
- Walnuts – the fruits of the walnut tree are loaded with omega 3 fatty acids, group B vitamins and lots of minerals. They are great for cholesterol, stress and anemia.
- Cashew nuts – like walnuts, they are rich in omega 3, but also magnesium, selenium and potassium. They strengthen the memory and help with digestion, but most importantly, they support the proper production of sperm.
- Almonds – contain fiber, protein, calcium, phosphorus, B vitamins and more. They work as prevention against cardiovascular diseases.
- Pine nuts – small but very handy. They are a great source of iron, calcium, potassium, B vitamins, but also healthy fats. They help strengthen immunity, the heart and lower cholesterol levels.
- Hazelnuts – they are referred to as a vitamin bomb, but in addition to vitamins B, E and C, they are also a good source of calcium, magnesium, copper, manganese and many other important substances. With their help, we support our memory and recharge ourselves with energy.
- Pistachios – their taste is like a drug, so once you start eating them, you will never have enough. They are full of protein, vitamins A, B, E, but also iron, calcium or perhaps zinc. They provide the body with antioxidants, strengthen blood vessels and the heart, and hair grows well after them.
- Brazil nuts – a great source of protein, but also of iron, copper and group B vitamins. They are said to prevent the onset of cardiovascular diseases, but at the same time they help to improve the condition of the skin and support our immunity.
- Pecans – although they look similar to walnuts at first glance, they have a much sweeter and fuller taste. They contain vitamins of group B, iron, zinc, magnesium, but also, for example, phosphorus and others. They fight against cholesterol, support digestion and are a great support for our immunity.