Oatmeal meatballs are popular not only in vegetarian households.
Come and see how to prepare them.
In order not to be nutritionally poor, they contain proteins from legumes.
Choose your variant according to your own tastes.
Oatmeal patties with carrots
You can dip the oatmeal meatballs in the dip or make another side dish for them. It’s entirely up to you. You can easily adjust the recipe according to your own ideas. The advantage is that it is also suitable for vegans.
- 2 cups of oatmeal
- a handful of sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 large carrots
- 1 handful of fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- ¾ teaspoon of salt
- 1 and ½ teaspoons of crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon of dried onion
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup of water
- 2 – 2 and ½ spoons of tahini (sesame paste)
- 2-3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- pepper to taste
- Blend the flakes in a blender to a flour-like consistency.
- Pour the flakes into a large bowl, add the blended sun-dried tomatoes, grated carrots, chopped thyme, garlic, onion and lemon juice.
- Mix everything thoroughly and form a dough.
- Form meatballs with wet hands and fry them in hot oil.
- Fry them until golden on both sides.
- Wipe off excess grease with a napkin.
Preparation of sesame dip:
- All the ingredients for the dip need to be thoroughly mixed, seasoned and it’s done.
The video recipe is here:
Discover similar tips
Oatmeal meatballs baked in the oven
Flaky meatballs with lentils are among the popular dishes. If you’ve never tried them before, they’re definitely worth a try. This variant of the recipe is enriched with oatmeal and a wonderful sauce.
- 2 and ½ cups of water
- 1 cup brown lentils
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped celery stalks
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ¾ cup of fine oatmeal
- ½ cup semi-coarse flour
- 1 teaspoon of basil
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of dried onion
For the sauce:
- ¼ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup cane sugar
- 2 tablespoons of mustard
- 2 tablespoons of barbecue sauce
- Boil the lentils in 2 and ½ cups of water. It is ready in 20-30 minutes.
- Fry finely chopped onion in olive oil, add mushrooms, finely chopped celery, garlic and cook until the mushrooms soften and the water evaporates from them (about 5-10 minutes).
- Preheat the oven to 175°C.
- Put the cooked lentils in a blender and blend so that some texture remains.
- Mix the onion and mushroom mixture, oatmeal, flour, basil, pepper, salt, dried onion and lentils and make a dough.
- Form patties from the dough and place them on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake the meatballs in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Mix ketchup, sugar, mustard, barbecue sauce in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Cook for about 5 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, brush the meatballs with ¼ cup of the sauce.
- Bake for another 10 minutes.
- Serve the oatmeal meatballs with the rest of the sauce.
Tip: Do you like lentils and would like to know more recipes where they can be used? Get inspired by these lentil recipes .
Vegan meatballs made from oatmeal and beans
Oatmeal can be made into amazing dishes. As you can see, here is a vegan burger that can of course be enjoyed by non-vegans as well. Try it, you might be pleasantly surprised.
- 1 large onion
- 1 spoon of ketchup
- 2 spoons of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 and ½ cups fine rolled oats (blended)
- ½ cup dried pinto beans
- ½ cup red or black dried beans
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 and ½ teaspoons of chili
- 1 medium carrot (grated)
- 4 cloves of garlic (pressed)
- oil for greasing
- Let the beans swell in water overnight.
- Cook them the next day.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry finely chopped onion, crushed garlic and a pinch of salt. Sauté for a few minutes until translucent.
- Add the carrot, chilli, cumin and cook for a few minutes until the carrot is soft.
- Mash the cooked beans and add the cooked mixture with carrots, mustard, ketchup, soy sauce and flakes.
- Mix everything thoroughly and form a dough that will make about 8 burgers.
- Fry the burgers in a non-stick pan coated with a little oil on both sides until golden brown. (Approximately 5 minutes on each side).
Do you love meatless dishes? Flaky meatballs with vegetables are tasty and healthy.
Would you like to experiment with other ingredients? For example, try making broccoli meatballs in different ways .
We can also recommend delicious zucchini meatballs .