Tired of getting a lot of dishes dirty while cooking and spending a lot of extra time cleaning them?
Then the following recipes for one-pot food 5 times differently are here for you!
Enjoy, for example, pork with rice, pasta with zucchini and mushrooms, or cabbage soup.
We guarantee you will love this cooking method!
Chicken legs with rice from one pot
Could anything be easier than this recipe? In addition, it is very tasty, popular and undemanding in terms of ingredients. Prepare it yourself!
- 4 chicken thighs
- a cup of rice
- Bay leaf
- grinded pepper
- Wash the chicken thighs or debone them.
- Rinse the rice and put it in the baking dish.
- Place the salted and peppered drumsticks on top of the rice, which you have rubbed with the garlic rubbed with salt.
- Season with bay leaf and turmeric.
- Cover with water, drizzle with oil and put in the oven to bake.
- Bake until soft, adding water if necessary.
Also try our 6 best recipes for chicken thighs that no one can resist!
Spaghetti with zucchini and mushrooms
Try this easy one pot meal that only takes 10 minutes to cook! The pasta absorbs all the water while releasing the starches, making for a super creamy, flavorful sauce.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 500 g of mushrooms, cut into slices
- 2 zucchini, cut into half moons
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 500 g of uncooked whole grain spaghetti
- 4 cups of water
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Add olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat.
- Once heated, add the mushrooms, zucchini, garlic and thyme.
- Sauté for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add spaghetti and water, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 10 minutes or until the water is absorbed and the pasta is tender.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese and sprinkle with parsley.
Spanish chickpea and chicken casserole
Make this easy healthy dinner for the whole family! You will love this delicious combination of flavors in one pot.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 600g boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 4 pieces)
- salt and pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, pressed
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 440 ml can of diced tomatoes
- 1 and ¾ cups chicken stock
- 1 cup long-grain brown rice, rinsed and drained
- 440 ml can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- chopped fresh parsley (for garnish)
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Salt and pepper the chicken and add to the hot oil.
- Fry it on both sides, about 3 minutes on each side, then transfer to a clean plate.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add onion and bell pepper to pot and sauté, stirring occasionally, until softened, 2-3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and sauté for 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Add 1 teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon black pepper, smoked paprika, cumin, chopped tomatoes, and stock.
- Stir to combine.
- Stir in the rice and chickpeas.
- Place the chicken back into the mixture in the pot.
- Bring to a gentle boil, cover and cook for 35-40 minutes, until the rice is tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Stir gently every 10 minutes to cook the rice evenly.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve.
Be inspired by our recipes for Spanish paella or shine with the classics of Spanish cuisine!
Discover similar tips
Vegetarian cabbage soup
This cabbage soup recipe is full of healthy vegetables, vegetarian and gluten-free, but also hearty and tasty. Enjoy it too!
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 8 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 can (420ml) crushed tomatoes
- 1 small head of cabbage, roughly chopped
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 1 cup frozen vegetables (combination of green beans, carrots, peas, corn)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 teaspoons Italian seasoning, to taste
- 1-2 teaspoons of lemon juice, to taste
- 1 tablespoon parsley, fresh, roughly chopped
- Heat the oil and butter in a large non-stick saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion, garlic and cook until the garlic is fragrant and the onion is translucent.
- Add stock, tomatoes, cabbage, celery stalks, frozen vegetables, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and stir until combined.
- Cook, uncovered, for 20-30 minutes over medium heat, until all the vegetables are tender and the flavors have developed.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1-2 teaspoons of lemon juice.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve!
One Pot Pork
We can also easily cook pork – for example, from the shoulder – in one pot. Try it with rice, tomatoes and cabbage, it’s a treat!
- 750 g of pork shoulder
- 1 large onion
- ground sweet pepper
- canned whole tomatoes
- 1 cup of rice
- about 350 g of cabbage
- Wash the pork and cut it into larger cubes.
- Fry the meat on all sides in oil in a saucepan.
- Then add the tomatoes, garlic, salt and ground pepper and cover.
- Simmer until semi-soft.
- Add the rice and chopped cabbage, cover again and simmer until the rice and meat are soft.
Are you wondering what to cook, so are you looking for the best pork shoulder recipes ? Do you like baked, boiled or stewed meat? Here you will find many tips on how to prepare this tasty meat.
The advantage of one-pot meals is that there is no need to cook a side dish separately . At most, we can offer this type of food a piece of bread – bread or a crispy bun.
What we cook in one pot
One-pot meals include hearty meat-based soups , stewed mixtures of meat, vegetables and potatoes, mixtures of legumes, potatoes and vegetables with the addition of meat or sausage, sausage mixtures with potatoes and vegetables, including mushrooms.
These dishes cannot always be considered dietary, but if we pay attention to the types of ingredients used and increase the proportion of vegetables, they can also meet these requirements.
We usually do not thicken the dishes, they should be thick from the mixture of ingredients.
And how did the one pot recipes work out for you? Brag to us in the comments!