Oyster mushroom is the elixir of youth, thanks to which even an ordinary dish becomes a gourmet experience.
It has a mild taste and a pleasant mushroom aroma.
Try our luxurious oyster mushroom recipes in 8 different variations!
We have soup, salad and sauce for you.
We wish you a good appetite!
Salad with quiona and oyster mushrooms
We love mushrooms for their subtle flavor and they are the star of this simple and delicious salad. Try this light and healthy dinner or lunch!
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 large clove of garlic, chopped
- 230 g of oyster mushrooms
- Cook the quinoa according to the instructions on the package.
- Cut off the legs of the oyster mushroom and tear it into medium-sized pieces.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a grill pan over medium heat and grill the mushrooms, pressing down lightly with a spatula and turning to cook on each side.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vegan mayo, lemon juice and garlic to make the dressing.
- If it is too thick, thin with water until you reach the desired consistency.
- Mix spinach and cooked quinoa in a bowl.
- Add the dressing and toss.
- Top with grilled oyster mushrooms and serve.
- Finish with freshly ground black pepper.
We have other great quinoa recipes for you or how to use this mysterious food!
Fried oyster mushroom
A great vegan alternative to fried chicken! This is a super crunchy treat that is incredibly easy to prepare.
- 150 g of oyster mushrooms
- 1 and ½ cups plain flour
- 1 and ½ teaspoons of ground paprika
- 1 and ½ teaspoons of dried garlic
- 1 and ½ teaspoons of dried onion
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (add more or less depending on how spicy you like it)
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- a little pepper
- frying oil
- mix the same amount of mayonnaise with bbq sauce and a pinch of apple cider vinegar,
- Wipe the oyster mushroom with a damp paper towel to remove dirt.
- Add the flour and all the spices to a large bowl.
- Mix together.
- In another bowl, add ⅓ cup flour mixture with ¾ cup water.
- Whisk until you have a smooth dough consistency
- Dip each mushroom into the wet batter mixture and then into the flour mixture.
- Coat each mushroom again in the wet batter mixture and then again in the flour mixture, making sure the mushrooms are completely coated in the flour.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over high heat and carefully add the mushrooms in batches.
- Do not overcrowd the pot, you can fry several mushrooms at once depending on how big your pot is.
- Let them fry for a few minutes until golden on all sides
- Remove and place on paper towels to remove excess oil, then place on a cooling rack to keep crisp until the rest is done.
- Enjoy fried mushrooms with your favorite sauce!
Spinach risotto with oyster mushroom
Risotto full of flavor suitable for a special occasion! It’s easy to prepare, healthy and your whole family will enjoy it.
- 230 g of oyster mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (plus extra for garnish)
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- sea salt to taste
- 4 tablespoons of mirin
- 5 cups of vegetable broth
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced spring onions (white and green parts)
- 1 and 1/2 cups of Arborio rice
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- a pinch of oregano
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/3 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (plus extra for serving)
- freshly ground black pepper
- Clean the mushrooms and slice them lengthwise if they are large or simply separate them if they are small.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a medium pan and fry half of the chopped garlic for about 15 seconds.
- Add the mushrooms and a large pinch of salt and sauté the mushrooms on high for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the mirin and continue stirring while the liquid cooks for another 4 to 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and leave the mushrooms in the warm pan until you need them.
- Bring the vegetable broth to a boil and keep hot in a covered pot.
- Heat the remaining 2 tbsp olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan and fry the red onion, remaining garlic and spring onion over high heat.
- Stir until the onions begin to color, about 6 minutes.
- Add the rice to the onion mixture and stir over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the wine and keep stirring while it cooks.
- Add the spinach, parsley and oregano and cook for 2-3 minutes until the spinach has wilted.
- Add a ladleful of hot stock to the rice and stir while boiling.
- When the liquid is almost absorbed, add another ladle.
- Continue until most of the broth is used up and the rice is al dente, 20 to 25 minutes.
- A slightly creamy sauce forms around the rice grains, which are no longer crunchy but still firm.
- Just before the risotto is ready, stir the mushrooms again on medium heat – just a minute.
- When the rice has reached the perfect soft and firm texture, squeeze in a few drops of lemon juice, stir in the last ladleful of stock and grated parmesan and taste.
- If necessary, season with another squeeze of lemon or a little pepper.
- Pour the risotto into shallow bowls.
- Drizzle a little olive oil over each serving and top with a spoonful of sauteed mushrooms.
- Add more parmesan cheese.
Try our other recipes for delicious risotto with mushrooms . Fragrant and delicious food for a few crowns!
Fake tripe soup
This oyster mushroom tripe soup recipe is vegetarian, easy to make, and only requires 4 main ingredients!
- 500 g oyster mushrooms (without legs), thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 cup of milk
- 3 cloves of garlic, pressed
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- red chili flakes for garnish
- Wash the mushrooms under cold water, dry and remove the legs.
- Cut them into thin strips.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for 10 minutes until the mushrooms release their liquid.
- Combine the flour and water, whisk to remove any lumps, and add to the pot.
- Add salt and milk.
- Cook for another 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl or glass, combine the garlic and vinegar.
- Serve the soup with 1-2 tablespoons (or more) of the garlic-vinegar mixture and chili flakes.
Discover similar tips
Oyster mushroom cream sauce
This creamy mushroom sauce with red wine is absolutely delicious and has a wonderful velvety texture. Plus, it’s incredibly simple – you’re done in just 30 minutes! It goes well with grilled meat such as beef steak, pork and chicken.
- 500 g of oyster mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- ½ cup dry red wine
- ¼ cup whipping cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan and add the oyster mushrooms.
- Cook on high for about 4 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add ½ cup of wine, cover and let the mushrooms and wine cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add the cream, mix well and cook on low heat for another 2 minutes.
- Season and serve!
Mushroom ragout with pasta
Oyster mushroom ragout is a great vegetarian alternative to traditional meat ragout, which also tastes great. In combination with pasta, you can easily conjure up an amazing lunch or dinner!
- 2 cups grated oyster mushrooms
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 340 g of pappardelle pasta
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 spoon of soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- burrata cheese for garnish (optional)
- chilli, pepper and salt to taste
- Start by sautéing the chopped onion and garlic.
- Next, add the spices and mix well.
- Add the chopped mushrooms.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and soy sauce and let the mushrooms cook.
- Add the tomato sauce and bring to a boil.
- Toss the ragout with cooked pasta, some pasta water, grated Parmesan cheese and optionally sprinkle with grated burrata cheese!
Get inspired by our other recipes for pasta with oyster mushrooms . They are quick and healthy!
Toast with mushrooms and Brie cheese
Oyster mushroom sautéed with garlic and thyme, served on a toast with melted Brie, is an absolutely luxurious affair that is best enjoyed with a glass of chilled white wine.
- 200 g of oyster mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 6 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon white wine (optional)
- 4 sprigs of thyme
- 4 thick slices of toast
- 125 g of high-quality Brie cheese
- Dry brush the mushrooms to remove any dirt and tear the larger mushrooms into about 2.5cm pieces.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat until very hot, add the butter, mushrooms and salt.
- Saute for 2 minutes, stir and add the garlic cloves and wine (if using).
- Cook for another 1-2 minutes until the edges of the mushrooms are golden.
- Add the thyme leaves and set aside.
- Heat the oven to the grill function.
- Cut the Brie cheese into about 5-6mm slices.
- Top the toast with Brie and 1/4 of the mushroom mixture.
- Arrange the toasts on a baking sheet and place them under the grill.
- Bake for 1-2 minutes, or until the Brie is slightly melted and browned around the edges.
- Since ovens vary, check your toast frequently to make sure it doesn’t burn.
- Enjoy your meal!
Sauteed oyster mushroom with green beans
A luxurious stir-fry made with oyster mushrooms, green beans, hoisin sauce, and a few other common ingredients you usually have in your pantry. This is a quick side dish that you can serve with grilled meat, for example!
- 1 pack of oyster mushrooms
- 250 g of green beans (they can also be frozen)
- 4 tablespoons of oil
- 4 cloves of garlic cut into slices
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon Hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- salt to taste
- Cut the mushroom into desired size and set aside (do not wash).
- Wash the beans and cut them to the same size.
- Then cut these individual beans in half lengthwise to expose the seeds.
- Place a pan over a low-medium heat and pour in a tablespoon of oil.
- Heat the oil and then add the chopped oyster mushroom to the pan.
- Season with salt and sauté the oyster mushroom over medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes until the edges are brown and slightly crispy.
- Once browned, transfer the mushrooms to a separate bowl and place the same pan over low-medium heat.
- Pour two tablespoons of oil into a pan, heat, then add the garlic cloves and sauté for 2-3 minutes over a low-medium heat.
- Mix the Hoisin sauce with water and pour over the sautéed garlic.
- Then add the beans and finally the pepper.
- Season with salt if needed.
- Once the water has completely reduced and the beans are cooked, add the crispy mushrooms.
- Mix and cook the ingredients on very low heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Taste and season with salt if necessary.
- Serve warm!
You may also find our reviews of stainless steel pans useful. What are their properties, surface finish and how do they conduct heat? We will introduce you to their main advantages and possible shortcomings.
- We prepare the usual mushroom dishes from oyster mushrooms.
- First of all, we stew it or bake it with vegetables , with potatoes, rice, pasta.
- Sometimes we supplement or directly thicken eggs with cheese , we can also add cream.
- Mushrooms can also be used in popular mushroom soups .
- It can be used in sauces or soups , but also on its own.
- It can be boiled, fried, baked, baked .
- It can be an appetizer or a main course , there are certainly no limits to imagination
We have prepared an extensive article for you about the oyster mushroom . How is it beneficial for our body? What are its benefits? You will learn all this and much more in the following article!
Did you like the mushroom dishes according to our recipes? Write to us in the comments!